Author Topic: A Comprehensive Pokémon Thread  (Read 342264 times)

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
Re: A Comprehensive Pokémon Thread
« Reply #2610 on: September 18, 2010, 07:17:41 am »
This is the laziest evolution line ever.

Ahem.

Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: September 18, 2010, 02:04:41 pm »

Also, it looks badass either way.
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: September 18, 2010, 02:35:57 pm »

Ahem.

I have to say that at least they flipped the red and white parts upon evolution. Those crocodile ones are just like... "brown croc, brown croc, red croc"

Wow...
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

gec05

« Reply #2613 on: September 18, 2010, 04:50:17 pm »
I have to agree on Sam with this. In fact, Electrode's eye features actually simplified to mere lines, where as Voltorb's has definition. Electrode's only advantage is that he acquired a cheezy grin and got bigger and is now upside down. But he's still a stupid looking ball.

This crocadile thing is somewhat no different than all the other mediocre evolution chains. Hardly the laziest. But I think Voltorb/Electrode takes the cake for laziest evolved Pokemon.

Offline Lush City

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • Get those blasted Power Rangers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: September 18, 2010, 07:24:14 pm »
I have to go with Gear as the laziest evolution. I mean, they added A RING. Come on!

Offline Great Distance

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: September 18, 2010, 10:50:39 pm »
Dudes, chill out. Part of the reason I posted this was to see how soon someone would come up with an even lazier evolution line. *cough cough* Really.

Anyway, the reason I think it's lazy is because there are basically no new features added. The unevolved form is a crocodile on four legs, the second one is a crocodile on two legs and the third one is... the same damn crocodile except it's red. Big friggin whoop.

But fine, I'll just call it one of the laziest evolution lines ever. Everyone happy now?

Anyhow, I think that out of the new pokemon, the ones that are supposed to look cute, look kinda good, but most of the ones that are supposed to look cool or badass just look completely retarded. Anyone agree with me? There are of course a couple of cool ones, but I think the vast majority of them are just awful. Like the fire pig's evolutions.

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
  • I am not spying on you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: September 18, 2010, 11:06:25 pm »
I feel sorry for that starter. They only made it worse making it a Fire/Fighting type mix. :l

On the the other hand the Otters final evolution looks awesome.

You'll never know why.
<_< Ż\[ ◕O ◕]/Ż >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier

Offline Clayface

• Jungle Hunter
  • user #9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: September 19, 2010, 12:01:20 am »
I've been super bored lately, not really having anything to do, (which explains my triumphant  return to this place) I'm thinking about getting the newest pokemon for the ds and trying it out,
I'd have to only play with pokemone from the original 151, which would add an extra challenge, but I think it would be run.
also I'm hella broke, but I have my hacked ds, when I first bought a ds i hated it, because good games are few and far between, well, really I first got a ds for christmas the year they came out, and there weren't any good games, so the extent of my ds gaming stopped there, until a few years later, (about a year ago) I bought a ds light and a hacked cartridge,  and downloaded all the games, (which by U.S. law, i need to state here, that before I downloaded any game I bought it before hand, and only downloaded it so I could have a digital backup of the already owned property)
lie,... but don't tell my government, I heard they don't check spoilers.....  (joke).....**** the government if any of you consider yourselves ds fans, I suggest you check into this alternative .
P.S, i never really read the gs rules, so mods, if my post is against the rules, please just let me know and I'll edit it, seeing how this sort of information is forbidden  is most forums.

p.s.s I'm slightly drunk...

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: September 19, 2010, 02:52:03 am »
Anyhow, I think that out of the new pokemon, the ones that are supposed to look cute, look kinda good, but most of the ones that are supposed to look cool or badass just look completely retarded. Anyone agree with me? There are of course a couple of cool ones, but I think the vast majority of them are just awful. Like the fire pig's evolutions.

Yeah, I agree. Though there are plenty of lame cutemon as well. Like the usual vendor trash bird and bug mons.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: September 19, 2010, 04:22:01 am »
I love that they have added so many new ghost-type pokemons :D
If you stop and think about it, Your life's longer as an old guy than a kid. Scary o.o

Offline Clarke

• Jungle Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: September 19, 2010, 05:18:32 am »
Yeah, but Afrobull was added in. I forgive them for everything.

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: September 19, 2010, 08:03:36 am »
Dudes, chill out. Part of the reason I posted this was to see how soon someone would come up with an even lazier evolution line. *cough cough* Really.

Anyway, the reason I think it's lazy is because there are basically no new features added. The unevolved form is a crocodile on four legs, the second one is a crocodile on two legs and the third one is... the same damn crocodile except it's red. Big friggin whoop.

But fine, I'll just call it one of the laziest evolution lines ever. Everyone happy now?

I already said it but I will say it again, at least Voltorb's evolution was sort of clever because they played with the positive and negative pole by flipping the colours. You could say that Voltorb in general is a lazy design because, really, it's just a ball... a friggin ball with eyes... But the evolution itself isn't that bad. Because, if it comes down to it that crocodile evolution has less change in it. Except probably for the colours in the last stage, but it doesn't make much sense anyway, brown to red? What?

Also, yes I have to agree that most all of the new "badass" pokemon are... sort of lame.

That turtle for instance. The base stage actually looks pretty interesting, even though it's basically just a turtle without anything else, but the evolution is like... MUTANT GODZILLA NINJA TURTLE FROM SPACE... and it looks like a digimon. I can already imagining the evolution screen: Bluetrutlemon digitates...err... evolves... into Godzillaturtlemon. :|

[/rant] Original 150 149 were the best.
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: September 19, 2010, 08:51:55 am »
I must disagree. For me, 252-386 were the best. This is actually nostalgia on my part: my first Poke'mon game was Emerald.
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: September 19, 2010, 10:22:20 am »
I don't know what you're upset about. Don't buy the game then Flisch. Also, the first 150 were not the best. Ponyta -> Rapidash? All they did was make it bigger and add a horn. Magnemite -> Magneton? Oh, hey, lets just stick 3 of the exact same pokemon together and call it an evolution. Grimer -> Muk? Again, all they did was make it bigger. There are and always have been lazy pokemon, get off the bitter train.

Also, if you're going to comment on the turtle -> godzillamon, Charmeleon -> Charizard. He turns into a relatively small lizard to a damn dragon. Dragonair -> Dragonite turns from a snake to a freaking dragon. How are those any more or less preposterous then the turtle?
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Clarke

• Jungle Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: September 19, 2010, 10:57:11 am »