Author Topic: A Comprehensive Pokémon Thread  (Read 342228 times)

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
Re: A Comprehensive Pokémon Thread
« Reply #2100 on: March 25, 2010, 01:30:52 pm »
I got my legit copy today.

Wheeee!
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: March 25, 2010, 01:56:18 pm »
Ho-oh = Megaultra-Chicken!
Lugia = Awesome ^^
If you stop and think about it, Your life's longer as an old guy than a kid. Scary o.o

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: March 25, 2010, 02:07:56 pm »
Ho-Oh= Japanese Pheonix
Lugia= Some kinda crane thing

But they're both AWESOME.
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline Clarke

• Jungle Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: March 25, 2010, 02:08:57 pm »
Chickens are awesome.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: March 25, 2010, 02:13:29 pm »
Hopefully your Ampharos will have a powerful electric attack. That Feraligator and Gyarados can be taken out by that. Charizard/Arcanine could be taken out by Tyranitar/Sandslash if it has a powerful rock/ground move(no ground for Charizard). Dragonite will be easy if your Blastoise knows an ice attack like Ice Beam or Blizzard(I prefer these attacks for dragon types), but you would have to careful of any electric attacks from it. Maybe Tyranitar if it had a dragon attack, but the Dragonite might know a water move as well. You can tell I love having super effective on my side. :P

Do you think you will use items?
Example: Quick Claw, Berries, etc.

Anyway, I have been loving the Mom saving thing in the game. She buys all sorts of berries and evolution items.
I got a Metal Coat and a Water Stone on the same day.

Hm yeah that's what I've been thinking, I had planned on Blastoise having Ice-beam mainly because I prefer 100 accuracy at the cost of some power rather than 90 accuracy, especially because I would prefer to have the dragon taken out asap. Ampharos will most likely have Thunder (and Charge just in case I find it takes 3 hits of thunder, hopefully charge can lower that) I am trying to get some of his team out of him still but he is tight lipped. Unfortunately he basically knows my entire team and may build to try and counter. I tried to get a well rounded one to prevent that though.

And yeah I planned on items. Currently I have the magnet (Boost to electric attacks) for Ampharos. Planning on the quick claw for Typhlosion, want the ice shard for Blast (to up ice beam, Hydro pump doesn't really need an up i feel lol), and thats all I have planned for now. Got any tips for items I should equip?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 02:15:09 pm by eropS »
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
« Reply #2105 on: March 25, 2010, 02:37:49 pm »
The reason people get SS is that the legend from HeartGold is useless...

It depends, though.  If you do get into trades a ton, having HG means that the exclusives in your game will be much harder to find.

Ho-oh and Lugia are in both games. >.>

Offline Xeno264

• Defender Devotee
  • Don't eat the yellow snow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: March 25, 2010, 04:25:37 pm »
Got lucky, Mum just happened to be in the city last night got her to pick it up for me. And besides, I got SS because I had Gold in the second generation, I've always gotten the other version in remakes.

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
  • I am not spying on you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: March 25, 2010, 04:43:13 pm »
And yeah I planned on items. Currently I have the magnet (Boost to electric attacks) for Ampharos. Planning on the quick claw for Typhlosion, want the ice shard for Blast (to up ice beam, Hydro pump doesn't really need an up i feel lol), and thats all I have planned for now. Got any tips for items I should equip?

BrightPowder lowers the other pokemon accuracy so that might work with a pokemon you don't want to get hit much. King's Rock is another good one that a fast pokemon can use, but would work better with an attack that already causes flinching like Crunch, Bite, Ice Fang(chance of flinching and freezing makes this one better), etc. Berries can be helpful too, but I don't use them that much. Metronome strentghens moves used in a row so that might work. Zoom Lens for accuracy.

Edit:
I'm thinking of replacing my Onix with a Dratini. Good idea?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 05:19:09 pm by Grazony »

You'll never know why.
<_< Ż\[ ◕O ◕]/Ż >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: March 25, 2010, 04:44:18 pm »
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: March 25, 2010, 05:06:26 pm »
O.O

That's reeeeeaaaally old.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Rysworld

• Autoduel Mechanic
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: March 25, 2010, 06:54:01 pm »
Holy crap...

That makes sense. That actually makes sense. Jesus Christ, a Pokemon theory made purely from fandom actually makes sense.

This is pretty mind-blowing.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: March 25, 2010, 07:47:11 pm »

BrightPowder lowers the other pokemon accuracy so that might work with a pokemon you don't want to get hit much. King's Rock is another good one that a fast pokemon can use, but would work better with an attack that already causes flinching like Crunch, Bite, Ice Fang(chance of flinching and freezing makes this one better), etc. Berries can be helpful too, but I don't use them that much. Metronome strentghens moves used in a row so that might work. Zoom Lens for accuracy.

Edit:
I'm thinking of replacing my Onix with a Dratini. Good idea?

Probably, Dragonite is always nice.

Ok! So, I got some more out of him

What I know of his team:

Red Gyarados
Feraligator
Arcanine/Chrizard
Herracross
Scissor

Thats what I know now.
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
« Reply #2112 on: March 25, 2010, 09:09:43 pm »
Whoever he is, eropS, he sounds like a mediocre player.

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #2113 on: March 25, 2010, 09:16:40 pm »
Do you know that much FOR SURE?

He could be just trying to mess with your preparation.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: March 25, 2010, 09:23:28 pm »
Well, the Scissor isn't FOR SURE, its a most likely.

Also, he will probably get Electevere as well.

And met he's ok I guess. He has a lot more spare time then me so he generally has more opportunities to get more stuff.

Example: Diamond and Pearl we did the same thing. Except by the time I beat the elite four, he had

Infernape
Electivere (Can only get after you train a elekid up to electabuzz)
Gyarados
Starraptor
Metacross (Like I said, spare time)
Garchomp (It was really this, bascially legendary, pokemon that screwed my entire team)

I'm hoping this time I can whoop his @$$, or at least do better and win lol
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 09:30:55 pm by eropS »