Author Topic: A Comprehensive Pokémon Thread  (Read 341694 times)

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
Re: A Comprehensive Pokémon Thread
« Reply #2040 on: March 13, 2010, 10:01:27 pm »
Or have any sense of self-worth...

Also, does this little "R4" have you pay for the game? If you are, is Nintendo/Gamefreak getting everything they are entitled for the data of the game? If not, you're stealing from them... and contributing to the hundreds/thousands of those stealing from Nintendo/Gamefreak, lowering their incentive to make more of these games.

Shame... seriously... shame.

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: March 14, 2010, 07:42:45 am »
Or have any sense of self-worth...

Also, does this little "R4" have you pay for the game? If you are, is Nintendo/Gamefreak getting everything they are entitled for the data of the game? If not, you're stealing from them... and contributing to the hundreds/thousands of those stealing from Nintendo/Gamefreak, lowering their incentive to make more of these games.

Shame... seriously... shame.

Here we go again, the only people who download these games are those who weren't gonna buy them anyways. Therefore, they're not losing money, they're just not making profit, which they wouldn't anyways (from those people, including me).

People have been playing ROMs since forever, Nintendo isn't gonna be any poorer because of that. People pirated Green, Red and Blue and so forth, they haven't stopped making Pokemon games however, because Pokemon is a money cow that they have been milking since the first games.

I used to pirate PC games too, and I still do, at least until I have the money to buy them. There's a reason why my Steam account is worth more than $1,700

As for the DS, I used to try them on the R4, then buy them. But I gave my DS to my little brother about an year ago, so I rarely get to play on it, and I'm with my brother only like 5 weeks per year since my brother and my parents live in Germany and I live in Portugal, meaning I play mostly on an emulator because I had to give my DS to him (at the time my parents had no money to spend on one, and I kinda bought mine with my own money).

Anyways, for those without morals, or want to be spoiled, here's a little video I made:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkCeQTnOK8s" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkCeQTnOK8s</a>

And screenies:

EDIT:
Live streaming now:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/live-game-streaming
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 08:12:23 am by DarkDragon »
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
« Reply #2042 on: March 14, 2010, 01:14:41 pm »
It's really pathetic. Shows a lot about your character.

"I wasn't going to buy it anyway... but look at all the cool stuff I got."

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: March 14, 2010, 01:53:04 pm »
It's really pathetic. Shows a lot about your character.

"I wasn't going to buy it anyway... but look at all the cool stuff I got."

Dude, cut it out already, I won't stop downloading stuff because you tell me to so this discussion is pointless.

And in case you can't read, what I said exactly was: "I'd buy it if I still had my handheld the whole year, but since I gave it to my brother I rarely play on it, so if I want to play it I have to use an emulator and I'm not gonna buy a game just to play it 5 weeks per year."

So yeah, tell me I have no morals for giving my little kid brother the one thing he really wanted for Christmas (that I bought with my own money mind you, along with all my games) and saving my parents the money in the process.  ::)

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

gec05

« Reply #2044 on: March 14, 2010, 02:27:27 pm »
I still don't think "saving money" justifies piracy. There's no excuse. You are financially capable of buying the game, no doubt. But that's your choice.

So leave DD to his own devices Met. Don't waste your energy on unreceptive people. :P

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: March 14, 2010, 04:17:32 pm »
I still don't think "saving money" justifies piracy. There's no excuse. You are financially capable of buying the game, no doubt. But that's your choice.

So leave DD to his own devices Met. Don't waste your energy on unreceptive people. :P

http://www.steamcalculator.com/id/SozSurt

Found 140 Games with a value of
$1808.63 USD

I am capable of buying it, as you can see I have no problems buying PC games, but I'm not gonna buy a DS game if I don't own a DS (but used to), and I'm not willing to buy another.

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

gec05

« Reply #2046 on: March 14, 2010, 07:51:44 pm »
No, see that's the point. If you are not willing to buy it, why even download it? Telling us how much you spent on Steam games means nothing.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: March 15, 2010, 05:01:41 am »
Sounds like someone has enough money to buy himself his own DS he could keep on his person every week of the year. Still we aren't going to convince you and seeing piracy is illegal no matter how justified it is to you this will be the end of the discussion on it here. No more discussion about emulated versions of games if you have a leaked ROM of the game keep it to your self.

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: March 15, 2010, 06:03:57 am »
So does anyone know if the next gen of Pokémons will feature 150+ new pokémons like always?
If you stop and think about it, Your life's longer as an old guy than a kid. Scary o.o

gec05

« Reply #2049 on: March 15, 2010, 02:46:45 pm »
I hope they stop making them look like if they are plastic robots and a little more natural.

Offline Clarke

• Jungle Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: March 15, 2010, 02:50:49 pm »
I always thought that pokemon were robots. :P

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: March 15, 2010, 03:21:47 pm »
That's Digimon...sorta
If you stop and think about it, Your life's longer as an old guy than a kid. Scary o.o

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
  • I am not spying on you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: March 15, 2010, 03:36:30 pm »
So I got Soul Silver today and had a major nostalgia attack. The guy that sold me it said they were sell more Soul Silver then Heart Gold versions because everyone likes Lugia better and it hit me like a ton of bricks. The first time I got the original Silver version the guy who gave me it said the exact same thing. Exactly the same. My god it was like getting the game for the first time again. I even got the strategy guide for it like I did before. Also yeah POKéGEAR!

You'll never know why.
<_< Ż\[ ◕O ◕]/Ż >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: March 15, 2010, 03:48:11 pm »
Well you can get both Lugia and Hou-oh in both games, like in the prequals. But I agree the art cover is cooler with Lugia as well as the opening sequence.

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: March 15, 2010, 04:14:57 pm »
I originally got Silver, so I decided to pick the different one and get Heart Gold, but now I'm regretting it. I used to have this Lugia that I only ever used, musta beaten the elite four 200 times with it. :) It was the first and only pokemon I've ever had any kind of emotional attachment too. Sad, I know. :P
No way dude, you're trolling me.