Author Topic: A Comprehensive Pokémon Thread  (Read 342119 times)

Offline Xeno264

• Defender Devotee
  • Don't eat the yellow snow.
    • View Profile
Re: A Comprehensive Pokémon Thread
« Reply #1950 on: December 08, 2009, 06:24:32 pm »
That looks great! Go ahead and put the Jubilife borders on, I think it'd look better.

Offline flabe

• Sea Battler
  • .___.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: December 08, 2009, 07:34:51 pm »

I was going to add the borders, but then I'd have to redo a lot of things  :-\. It looks fine without. This is the final version (cept for the people). It features a large apartment complex, a hug mall, a school, a lab, city hall, various shops and houses, and a Pokemon battle field. Credit goes to Kymotonian for the sprites with some recoloring by me.

Offline Rysworld

• Autoduel Mechanic
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: December 08, 2009, 07:43:10 pm »
Wow, that could be in a real game.

Offline flabe

• Sea Battler
  • .___.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: December 08, 2009, 08:36:18 pm »
Thanks.

I might go ahead and start this soon. So while we're working on some last few beginning things, voters can be deciding male or female and appearance. Also they can explore around town. Getting a pokemon doesn't have to be the first thing you do.

Any name suggestions for the game(red, silver, diamond, etc) and the region?

Maybe Pokemon Quartz, Bronze, any color, Topaz, or Opal.

And for region: Javen or Decoh. Idk.

And for the city name: Sergil City, New Feon City, uhhh Center City (:P).
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 09:05:19 pm by flabe »

Offline Rysworld

• Autoduel Mechanic
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: December 08, 2009, 09:27:31 pm »
How about the name be Pokémon Opal (That gem holds special significance with my family), and the Region is Foikah? City name, New Feon City.

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: December 09, 2009, 01:15:27 am »
I've been calling the region Ohini or Onihi in the image names.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Xeno264

• Defender Devotee
  • Don't eat the yellow snow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: December 09, 2009, 04:19:55 am »
I like the sound of Onihi.

Offline Didero

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: December 09, 2009, 04:41:54 am »
...voters can be deciding male or female...
Sorry for butting in, but couldn't it be both? So that the player gets to choose their character's gender?

Offline Tesla

• View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: December 09, 2009, 04:47:39 am »
How about you start in an apartment, where new neighbours have moved into the apartment down the corridor. You head down to meet them and meet some professor guy and his son/daughter. They are only here for as few months, to study the ancient ruins north of the city. They invite you to join them for a first look so you head up to the ruins. During the exploration you get a brief introduction to the lore of the region. However as you explore, the professor gets trapped in a rockslide or something. Desperate to help his/her father, the son/daughter searches all over the large room you're in. (S)he finds some kind of secret passage leading to a room with 3 statues, of the 3 starters. You activate one in some way and help the professor escape. The pokemon stays with you.

The story could then pick up again a few months/years later. The professor and his kid have gone off exploring again and you and your pokemon are idly wandering around the city with nothing to do. You encounter the local evil team doing something... evil, and thwart them easily. The team's boss is impressed and offers you a chance to join them. Obviously this would be where the story splits to either good or evil. Either way, you eventually meet the professor and his kid again, and they have stumbled upon an interesting mystery that gets more and more complex, leading to, obviously, some legendary pokemon with incredible power. You are either out to stop them or travel with them to help them.

Is that any good?

Offline Rysworld

• Autoduel Mechanic
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: December 09, 2009, 06:26:48 am »
That sounds pretty good.

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
  • I am not spying on you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: December 09, 2009, 06:59:06 am »
Oh god yes. I wanted to be able to choose good or evil in a pokemon game for years. I love his plan, lets do it.

You'll never know why.
<_< Ż\[ ◕O ◕]/Ż >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: December 09, 2009, 07:04:34 am »
*nvm pointless*
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 02:38:50 pm by Pixxel »
If you stop and think about it, Your life's longer as an old guy than a kid. Scary o.o

Offline Tesla

• View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: December 09, 2009, 11:21:21 am »

This is the finished map. It looks a little too simple to me. (And shaped like a sheep) Does anyone want me to add more towns or cities? Remember every new route and town will have to be mapped.

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: December 09, 2009, 01:35:09 pm »
Oh god yes. I wanted to be able to choose good or evil in a pokemon game for years. I love his plan, lets do it.

I had this idea for the pokemon game I was making, basically depending on how you treated and used your pokemon it would turn shadow or light, I wouldn't mind making shadow and light versions of pokemon sprites if you guys need them too.

As for my old work, some examples:

I have more somewhere else but I need to find it first <_<

Some from the game I was making:
(copy the links and paste them on url text box on another tab)
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/rpg_man/Cheelsaur.png
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/rpg_man/Groivyleef.png
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/rpg_man/Charquilic.png
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/rpg_man/Charcomava.png
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/rpg_man/Squotokip.png
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/rpg_man/Marortile.png
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/rpg_man/fscreen.png
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/rpg_man/Hoenn.png
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/rpg_man/battle.png
http://wiki.fangames.ptreasures.net/images/9/93/Poke-chromatite.png

An interview about my game:
Avatar: How long have you been developing games?
DarkDragon: my interest in games appeared about 7 years ago, since then I've tried different tools but Sphere has been the one I liked the most so far
Avatar: What tools have you used?
DarkDragon: I started with RPG Maker 95, since then I changed to Sim RPG Maker 97 then RM2k and RM2k3, after that I found out about Game Maker but I didn't quite like it so I had just started using RMXP when I found out about Sphere and its potential
DarkDragon: I also tried Dark Basic but I didn't like it
Avatar: Who make up the Chromatite team besides yourself?
DarkDragon: I started alone, then the first people who I can remember joining first were Waudby, Masa, gibslpsg then later SouthernIslands, Sylph and Datriot joined. Budgie_boy has been helping but he doesn't want to be officially included in the team.
DarkDragon: There also a number of other people who I can't recall right now who helped with little bits, they will be included in Chromatite's credits
Avatar: What do you, in your own eyes think makes Chromatite unique?
DarkDragon: I think the ammount of available choice is what makes it unique, you don't have to stick to a storyline, you MAKE the storyline by making decisions that will affect how NPCs and pokemon react to you, etc.
Avatar: Available choices? Could you explain further?
DarkDragon: Sure, you start as a normal person. Many ideas were kind of based on games such as Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II and GTA San Andreas. Not only you but your pokemon as well have choices, there will be stats like fat, muscle, reputation, goodness bar, power boost and many other which all affect your performance in battle and how people react to you overall.
DarkDragon: The g dness bar is the one which plays a big role in the game, the fact that you can work for one of the evil teams or one of the good ones makes it possible in chromatite to have a third type aditional to the other one or two that normally a pokemon has, that type can include 5 variants, they are: Light, Shiny, Neutral, Shadow and Dark
DarkDragon: the nicer you are to people and pokemon the more your goodness bar will go to the Blue side
DarkDragon: as an example, we can use the fact that when in a battle after all of the enemy's HP is out it will enter a death bar, you can leave it alone, kill it or call the pokecenter.
DarkDragon: or catch it
DarkDragon: catching/leaving alone doesn't affect you but calling the pokecenter adds Blue points and killing adds Red points to your goodness bar
DarkDragon: the more evil you are so will your pokemon team, they will be affected by the time they spend with you, depending on how good/evil they are they will gradually change to shiny and then light or shadow and then dark.
DarkDragon: It is also important to remember your pokemon have age and so on which affects their performance in battle, they also enter a death bar and you must call them back on time or they can also be killed. When they get old enough they can also die, that's why breeding is important.
DarkDragon: In addition to that, an alien virus made it possible for pokemon to have many different colors, that will be done by using an Hue + Saturation engine that will make sure the colors won't hurt your eyes, but it will give you more possibilities and you will rarely get a pokemon of the same color.
DarkDragon: some pokemon of pure color will be obtained in the game the others you can obtain them by breeding through generations using a genetic algorithm, the more you breed the right pokemon the more you get closer to the pure color.
DarkDragon: that was an introduction to the choice factor, there's much more which will be a surprise
Avatar: Anything else you want to tell us about Chromatite?
Avatar: Planned features, for example?
DarkDragon: well, you will have real time, so if there's a pokemon you want to catch at night you have to play at night (no use trying to change the clock value, the game will know and do bad things to you), we also plan in having a difficulty system so that every trainer you fight will be of an average level near yours so that it makes it harder to fight trainers but you also get more experience. An idea we had is that if you kill a pokemon after battling it will work as a repel effect for a while, if you don't feed your pokemon and their loyalty level is not very high they will run away from you. You might encounter them later though and recapture them. Some other features we plan to add is the job system where you can get a job which will ask yout o complete certain tasks, some examples would be for example gym leader (using our random trainer generator), scientist, work for some team, pokemon fotographer, pokemon watcher or even simple stuff like working at the pokemart/center or being a cop. Jobs will be used to get money to buy really expensive items, etc.
DarkDragon: And we will also add an online feature just where you enter the other players ip and port and you go to a room where you can trade and battle, etc.
Avatar: What is the estimated progress on Chromatite?
DarkDragon: As for regions, the first version of chromatite will not have all of them. We plan to have Sylion, Hoenn, Johto, Kanto and Sevii Islands, SAVE files will be able to be transported to newer versions and in a future version after we will have Orre and Orange Archipelago
DarkDragon: right now the progress on chromatite is of about 5%
DarkDragon: we are trying to finish the engine first and worry about the NPCs, etc later
DarkDragon: We are aiming for a release next summer, I would like to thank you all the support we have been having and all team members. And finally, I will never give up on the project, doesn't matter how hard it gets

Ideas for the game:
Evilness/Goodness Bar - this bar will affect you and your pokemon, if for example you kill a wild pokemon (not faint but kill) then your pokemon will become evil, as if you leave it alone your pokemon will stay the same and if you call the pokecenter your pokemon will become good. Your evilness/goodness will be based on your pokemon.

Reputation System - Your pokemon now obey you based on your reputation, if you beat a lot of trainers you will have a good reputation, if you beat more skilled trainers like gym leaders you will get an even higher level of reputation. -- To calculate reputation you give a trainer a certain reputation value, if you win you get that value out of that value, if you lose you get 0 out of that value (that's for your first battle), then when you get a second battle and you win that trainers reputation is added to the previous one and the points you get are added to your score so you get a percentage ;) Example: --You start the game
Your reputation: 0 -> 0%

--1st battle:
Trainer Reputation: 20 Battle Result: You Win Your Reputation: 20/20 -> 100%

--2nd battle:
Trainer Reputation: 50 Battle Result: You Lose Your Reputation: 20/70 -> 29% (rounded)

--3rd battle:
Trainer Reputation: 100 Battle Result: You Win Your Reputation: 120/170 -> 71% (rounded)

--4th battle:
Trainer Reputation: 200 Battle Result: You Lose Your Reputation: 120/370 -> 32% (rounded)

--5th battle:
Trainer Reputation: 600 Battle Result: You Win Your Reputation: 720/970 -> 74% (rounded)

And so on, the more frequently you win the higher it will get (and believe me when I say even if you lose you will be able to get 99% if not even 100% reputation sooner or later ;) ). for example: 200/800 might only be 25% but 70200/70800 will round to 100% and 50200/70800 might only be 71% but 140200/160800 is 87% and so on.

Hunger - Pokemon and trainer will feel hungry, if you don't feed the trainer he will "faint" and will be found by someone who will take him to the nearest hospital/pokecenter, after that you wont be able to battle before you eat and sleep to recover forces. If you don't feed the pokemon their tameness value will go down, then depending of the loyalty level of your pokemon to you it will either run away (yes, in this game pokemon can run away by their own free will if they are not loyal to you (haven't spent much time with you nor been called to battle) or they will stay with you and enter Death Bar Mode after a certain time, feed them quickly or take them to a pokecenter to save them but their loyalty will go down and tameness as well.

Muscle - If the trainer achieves max muscle he will be able to run with the running shoes as fast as a bike. If pokemon achieve max muscle their attack and speed will rise by 10 points each and they will receive only the damage caused by the oponents attack minus a half. Example: --Oponents Attack Value: 60 --Oponents Type: Water --Your Type: Fire --Normal Damage Caused to you: 120 (2x) --Damaged caused to you with max muscle: 90 (2x - 0.5x)

Energy Boost - This works pretty much like in the episode where Ash battles brock, Ash gives energy to pikachu by inducing electricity right on him, that increases Pikachus energy in a way that his electric attacks are effective against rock, these kinds of devices will bel able to be used in the game to prepare your pokemon for a fight, therefore pokemon that before couldn't affect at all the oponent or only caused 0.5x damage now cause 1x damage to that same pokemon, after a battle the energy runs out so choose well when you use it as it is gonna cost money ;)

Height - The trainer can voluntarily input his Height whenever he wants to. As for pokemon it also increases/decreases based on their age and Weight, when you catch a wild pokemon it will have a random Height somewhere around it's "predefined" Height. There will be a chance you get a giant pokemon, pretty much as rare as a shiny on the normal games. Example: --A Certain Pokemon Predefined Height: 2Kg --Height of a wild pokemon: 0.5m plus or minus 20cm, therefore the pokemon can have any height between 0.3m and 0.7m

Weight/Fat - Muscle will add weight to you and your pokemon as fat will add weight and remove muscle, if your fat gets too high you muscle will get too low and you won't be able to use the running shoes. As for your pokemon, fat will decrease their speed and accuracy by ten points.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 02:00:26 pm by DarkDragon »
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline flabe

• Sea Battler
  • .___.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: December 09, 2009, 04:24:01 pm »
...voters can be deciding male or female...
Sorry for butting in, but couldn't it be both? So that the player gets to choose their character's gender?

That’s what I meant.

I think that's a little too much pre-planning Telsa. The story will mostly be decided by what the voters say. But I do like Professor and kid being down the hall in from your apartment and the ruins part. Almost like the starters are partly legendary forming from an ancient statue. And cool map! Is the city the red dot directly north from sheep's front foot?

I added some more grass/trees Pixxel. And a restaurant area.

That’s cool DarkDragon! But a lot of your ideas are more complicated or actual gameplay related. I do like the rep and hunger ideas. But instead of how pokemon obey you for rep it’s just how NPCs see you and react to you. And the number just goes up or down, no percents.

Game name: Opal.   Region name: Onihi  City name: New Feon (city)

Edit: I made the thread.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 04:59:32 pm by flabe »