Author Topic: A Comprehensive Pokémon Thread  (Read 341658 times)

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
Re: A Comprehensive Pokémon Thread
« Reply #1890 on: December 06, 2009, 02:51:07 pm »
They're jellyfish.
Visit, Vote, Vykusi - New Poll 9/01/08

Quote from: Little
I, for a fact, quite like Keno[tai]. He's my favorite.

Offline flabe

• Sea Battler
  • .___.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: December 06, 2009, 03:04:57 pm »
Dandelion pokemon search:

Its cool how they actually made it a lion. But these are fakemons

Offline Clarke

• Jungle Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: December 06, 2009, 03:07:13 pm »
What about a black falcon for the Fire/Dark pokemon?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 04:00:49 pm by Clarke »

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: December 06, 2009, 03:10:16 pm »
Dandelion pokemon search:

*things*

Its cool how they actually made it a lion. But these are fakemons

My idea uses it in the fuzzy part of its life cycle, and as an actual plant versus an anthropomorphized version.

Offline Eagle

• Donkey Kong King
  • I AM SO FASHIONABLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: December 06, 2009, 03:25:14 pm »
I like the water/fighting combo, but bears have already been done before, and so have dinosaurs (since gen 1).  I'm drawing a blank on fire/dark, but how about for grass/psychic we have it be a real plant this time around.  How about something like a dandelion seed, with sparks of energy coming from the little hairs? 
How about Cerberus for Dark/Fire
I am bloody FASHIONABLE eagle!1!

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: December 06, 2009, 03:34:48 pm »
I still like the idea of a phantomy flame for fire/dark. At it's first evolution it could just be a little flame with a creepy looking grin and eyes.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
  • I am not spying on you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: December 06, 2009, 04:15:41 pm »
They're jellyfish.
Some people think that their squids. :P
I still like the idea of a phantomy flame for fire/dark. At it's first evolution it could just be a little flame with a creepy looking grin and eyes.
That would be more like a ghost type though.
How about Cerberus for Dark/Fire
For some reason I can't stop imaging it as an evolved Houndoom. :/

Plus, I like my idea of a tiger being a fire/dark type... Shouldn't we make a planning thread for this?

You'll never know why.
<_< Ż\[ ◕O ◕]/Ż >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: December 06, 2009, 04:19:57 pm »
Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between ghost and dark.  Personally, I like Tesla's idea.  And tigers have already been done, for fire no less.

Offline flabe

• Sea Battler
  • .___.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: December 06, 2009, 04:37:23 pm »
This isn't realted to the starters but I've made my first ever pokemon sprite:

I don't know if it'll be used though. I was just practicing. Does it look pokemon enough?

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: December 06, 2009, 04:46:27 pm »
I like it Flabe, looks like a flying/grass type(oh god ice types). By the way is it an original or sprites mixed together?

Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between ghost and dark.  Personally, I like Tesla's idea.  And tigers have already been done, for fire no less.
The only type of tiger I have ever seen in Pokemon was Raikou, which was a electric type(and don't say Growlithe*). In fakemon though, there is one called Fliger which evolves into a fire/dark. Hmm...

I still don't like Tesla idea about the fire/dark, but if you guys want it that way then I'll just swallow my pridegum and accept it.

Anime: Growlithe, a Puppy Pokémon of pleasant demeanor and great diligence. It drives enemies away with barks and bites.
Anime2: Growlithe, the Puppy Pokémon. While loyal to its master, the Growlithe will drive away enemies by barking and biting.

Red: Very protective of its territory. It will bark and bite to repel intruders from its space.  
Blue: Very protective of its territory. It will bark and bite to repel intruders from its space.  
Yellow: A Pokémon with a friendly nature. However, it will bark fiercely at anything invading its territory.  
Stadium: Friendly and loyal, but also jealously protective of its territory. Carelessly approaching it may result in a bite.  

Gold: It has a brave and trustworthy nature. It fearlessly stands up to bigger and stronger foes.  
Silver: Extremely loyal, it will fearlessly bark at any opponent to protect its own Trainer from harm.  
Crystal: It controls a big territory. If it detects an unknown smell, it roars loudly to force out the intruder.  
Stadium 2: It has a brave and trustworthy nature. It fearlessly stands up to bigger and stronger foes.  

Ruby: Growlithe has a superb sense of smell. Once it smells anything, this Pokémon won't forget the scent, no matter what. It uses its advanced olfactory sense to determine the emotions of other living things.  
Sapphire: Growlithe has a superb sense of smell. Once it smells anything, this Pokémon won't forget the scent, no matter what. It uses its advanced olfactory sense to determine the emotions of other living things.  
Emerald: Its superb sense of smell ensures that this Pokémon won't forget any scent, no matter what. It uses its sense of smell to detect the emotions of others.  
FireRed: Very friendly and faithful to people. It will try to repel enemies by barking and biting.  
LeafGreen: It is very protective of its territory. It will bark and bite to repel intruders from its space.  

Diamond: A Pokémon with a loyal nature. It will remain motionless until it is given an order by its Trainer.  
Pearl: A Pokémon with a loyal nature. It will remain motionless until it is given an order by its Trainer.  
Platinum: A Pokémon with a loyal nature. It will remain motionless until it is given an order by its Trainer.  
HeartGold: It has a brave and trustworthy nature. It fearlessly stands up to bigger and stronger foes.  
SoulSilver: Extremely loyal, it will fearlessly bark at any opponent to protect its own Trainer from harm.

It never says a thing about it being tiger like at all, only puppy like. :P
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 04:49:44 pm by Grazony »

You'll never know why.
<_< Ż\[ ◕O ◕]/Ż >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier

Offline flabe

• Sea Battler
  • .___.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: December 06, 2009, 04:56:48 pm »
It's original. It could be the early bird in the game like pidgey or taillow.

I always thought growlithe was dog too.

So its either a phantom or tiger for the fire/dark and a squid, ocotopus, or amphibian for the water/fighting.

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: December 06, 2009, 05:01:39 pm »
I vote for squid!

Edit:
Seems Kenotai was somewhat right about Growlithe.
Growlithe is most likely based on Japanese 獅子 shishi, or 狛犬 koma-inu. They are mythical creatures that share traits with lions, tigers, and dogs. Statues of them in pairs are used as guardians and to invite good luck.

You'll never know why.
<_< Ż\[ ◕O ◕]/Ż >_>

Offline Rysworld

• Autoduel Mechanic
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: December 06, 2009, 05:02:06 pm »
My vote goes to amphibian.  :P

Offline Clarke

• Jungle Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: December 06, 2009, 05:08:06 pm »
I believe that the water-type amphibian been a bit overdone. My vote is for tiger for dark/fire, and octopus for water/dark.

Offline Rysworld

• Autoduel Mechanic
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: December 06, 2009, 05:09:18 pm »
I believe that the water-type amphibian been a bit overdone. My vote is for tiger for dark/fire, and octopus for water/dark.
Actually, you have a point. I change my vote to Clarke's.