Author Topic: A Comprehensive Pokémon Thread  (Read 341110 times)

Offline flabe

• Sea Battler
  • .___.
    • View Profile
Re: A Comprehensive Pokémon Thread
« Reply #1875 on: December 06, 2009, 01:28:08 pm »
Thanks

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee50/JollyRoger25/PokemonWorldMap.png

Here's a map of the pokemon world. We could just choose a place on there, make a new island somewhere, or change around some of the land to fit where you guys want the region to be.

The first thing I think needs to be done are the starters. For the fire starter I was thinking maybe a bear or dog. For the water a otter or a amphibian looking animal. And for the grass a dinosaur or like a forest animal. I'm not sure.

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: December 06, 2009, 01:41:38 pm »
1) How are those maps made, with a generator? I'd be easily able to make a map if it didn't fit the style.

2) How about the starters are dark, psychic and fighting types? Dark>Psychic>Fighting>Dark.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline flabe

• Sea Battler
  • .___.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: December 06, 2009, 02:09:53 pm »
That's what it was. I couldn't remember the other starter type possibility. Yeah i'll use that instead of the same old fire/water/grass trio.

The only thing I found about making the maps is this:

He made these with it:

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
  • I am not spying on you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: December 06, 2009, 02:11:39 pm »
Are you saying pure dark/fighting/psychic for the starters Tesla/AW? I'd rather have a mix of different types then just one type(I am paranoid with early bug types against the dark/psychic and flying with the fighting). Like it could go for a mixture of other types plus dark/fighting/psychic. Ya know unless this world doesn't have bug type moves earlier on(like all the others) or if the flying types have only tackle or something. Then again all the early Pokemon always suck so bad you wonder why people even train them. Hmm... You know what screw it. I like the idea of dark/psychic/fighting type starters. Its not like its the strangest thing ever. Hell, I've heard of even weirder ones like Ghost/Steel/Dragon starters before.

The first thing I think needs to be done are the starters. For the fire starter I was thinking maybe a bear or dog. For the water a otter or a amphibian looking animal. And for the grass a dinosaur or like a forest animal. I'm not sure.
If you want to keep the traditional fire/water/grass/ types could we use Tesla suggestion of dark/fighting/psychic.
You know like Fire/Dark(Evil bear!), Water/Fighting(Kick boxing frog/salamander), and Grass/Psychic(Who wouldn't want a mind reading dinosaur?)

Also if you're going for a dinosaur grass type may I suggest a Dromaeosauridae looking one?

Edit:
Nevermind.
Edit 2:
I just realized my avatar is technically a psychic dinosaur. Holy hell.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 02:20:38 pm by Grazony »

You'll never know why.
<_< Ż\[ ◕O ◕]/Ż >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier

Offline Tesla

• View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: December 06, 2009, 02:14:16 pm »
Oh hey, I like that idea. Combine the new type trio with the classic one.

Offline flabe

• Sea Battler
  • .___.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: December 06, 2009, 02:22:35 pm »
I like it too. Now we just need to figure out what they look like and I'll draw em up.

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: December 06, 2009, 02:27:37 pm »
I like the water/fighting combo, but bears have already been done before, and so have dinosaurs (since gen 1).  I'm drawing a blank on fire/dark, but how about for grass/psychic we have it be a real plant this time around.  How about something like a dandelion seed, with sparks of energy coming from the little hairs? 
Visit, Vote, Vykusi - New Poll 9/01/08

Quote from: Little
I, for a fact, quite like Keno[tai]. He's my favorite.

Offline Tesla

• View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: December 06, 2009, 02:29:32 pm »
Fire/Dark could be like a flaming phantom thing.

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: December 06, 2009, 02:31:17 pm »
Like something along the lines of Darkrai plus fire?  One think to keep in mind is that at base level it should be pretty small and weak appearing.

Offline Clarke

• Jungle Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: December 06, 2009, 02:37:31 pm »
I think the water/fighting should be an octopus or a squid, and I agree with Kenotia about the grass type.

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: December 06, 2009, 02:40:16 pm »
I think the water/fighting should be an octopus or a squid, and I agree with Kenotai about the grass type.

I like this idea.  Actually, how about a nautilus, I don't think that has been done before.

Also, name spell check.

Offline Clarke

• Jungle Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: December 06, 2009, 02:41:40 pm »
Sorry. There has been a nautilus-like pokemon, though I don't remember the name.

Edit: Found it!

Omanyte.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 02:43:48 pm by Clarke »

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: December 06, 2009, 02:44:25 pm »
*quietly stabs Kenotai face after his comment about not needing dinosaur pokemon starters*
I like the idea of a psychic dandelion though. And for the Fire/Dark combo um... I don't know, a tiger maybe?

Sorry. There has been a nautilus-like pokemon, though I don't remember the name.

Edit: Found it!
*Omanyte*
Omanyte.
And Omastar. :P

You'll never know why.
<_< Ż\[ ◕O ◕]/Ż >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: December 06, 2009, 02:49:52 pm »
Tiger has been done, Growlith.  I don't know how I could forget Omanyte, I always pick that one when I play red.  But, I always thought of it more along the lines of a snail than a nautilus, but they're in the same phylum, so that's probably why.  Perhaps, I don't know.

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: December 06, 2009, 02:50:22 pm »
*grins*

Anyway, I don't think a squid Pokemon has been made(Tentacool and Tentacruel don't count as squids).

You'll never know why.
<_< Ż\[ ◕O ◕]/Ż >_>