Author Topic: A Comprehensive Pokémon Thread  (Read 342247 times)

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
Re: A Comprehensive Pokémon Thread
« Reply #1770 on: April 25, 2009, 09:14:46 pm »
Just order it online you will probably get it shipped before May 15 even if you order today.

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: April 25, 2009, 09:33:42 pm »
Not really, I never actively played RSE. Although I'd like to post my explanation of how Glalie and Froslass float. You see those horns? Those must be horns that control magnetism a la Magneto. They levitate by repelling Earth's magnetic field. I'm pretty sure that Glalie would have magnetic manipulation abilities, but Froslass could only levitate itself due to its smaller horns. Does anyone think this makes sense?

Well, technically Froslass is part ghost too so maybe it has some lighter-than-air gases inside of it to help with the floating. After all some ghost types have some type of gas all around them or in them. Gastly(and evolutions) and Drifloon(and evolution) are examples of that.
Yeah, but you would expect the gases to be stored inside its lower body. However, that is hollow, and Froslass has enough organs taking up space in its head already.
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
  • I am not spying on you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: April 25, 2009, 10:42:22 pm »
Hmm.... You right. Maybe then its the size differents between the two?

You'll never know why.
<_< Ż\[ ◕O ◕]/Ż >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: April 26, 2009, 07:27:20 am »
Guys, Froslass and Glalie clearly don't levitate: none of them have Levitate <_<

But really it's simplest to say that they use their supernatural psychokinetic powers to float. Both Dark type and Ghost types can manifest powers similar to Psychic moves, which is what Alakazam uses to keep its head up, or how Claydol levitates.

Don't know why we're talking about Glalie anyway, it's not really a very good pokemon. Froslass can be good, though.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
  • I am not spying on you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: April 26, 2009, 10:28:11 am »
But both are shown floating in the Wii version of Colosseum. :(

You'll never know why.
<_< Ż\[ ◕O ◕]/Ż >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: April 26, 2009, 12:11:48 pm »
Guys, Froslass and Glalie clearly don't levitate: none of them have Levitate <_<

But really it's simplest to say that they use their supernatural psychokinetic powers to float. Both Dark type and Ghost types can manifest powers similar to Psychic moves, which is what Alakazam uses to keep its head up, or how Claydol levitates.

Don't know why we're talking about Glalie anyway, it's not really a very good Pokemon. Froslass can be good, though.
But they clearly do levitate! Why else would they be levitating in all the games they're in? That's like saying the Magnemite family doesn't levitate because it doesn't have the ability Levitate, or that Venomoth and Dustox don't fly!

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: April 27, 2009, 10:43:11 am »
Can we just assume that all Pokémon are imbued with Pokétonium, the element that gives Pokémon there abilities, including that of levitation and apparent immortality?

Problem solved.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: April 27, 2009, 06:31:28 pm »
I agree with Always, the Poketonium Hypothesis is the most sensible.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: May 01, 2009, 02:54:29 am »
Do you guys want me to find episodes with those pokemon to see if they actually levitate? (yes, I have every single episode, movie and special on my awesome 1TB disk for... storage purposes)
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: May 04, 2009, 11:59:07 am »
Do you guys want me to find episodes with those pokemon to see if they actually levitate? (yes, I have every single episode, movie and special on my awesome 1TB disk for... storage purposes)
In the DS and GBA games they levitate. In the Gamecube and Wii games they levitate. And yes, I've seen pics of them levitating in the anime. (God, do I hate that show.) So, does that answer your question?

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: May 04, 2009, 02:16:38 pm »
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: May 04, 2009, 02:29:22 pm »
You're getting this from an incidental piece of stage dressing?

Although one of the commenters there did comment on the DSi's lack of a GBA port, so I guess they might have an incentive to do it. But still; meh.

Also:

DUGTRIO used EARTHQUAKE!
GLALIE fainted!
Use next Pokémon?
Not a winner anymore.

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: May 04, 2009, 07:18:54 pm »
DUGTRIO used EARTHQUAKE!
GLALIE fainted!
Use next Pokémon?
It's one of the errors, like:
DODRIO used FLY!

Offline Xeno264

• Defender Devotee
  • Don't eat the yellow snow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: May 05, 2009, 12:48:23 am »
In the DS and GBA games they levitate. In the Gamecube and Wii games they levitate. And yes, I've seen pics of them levitating in the anime. (God, do I hate that show.) So, does that answer your question?

I don't really like the anime either. I loved it when I was younger but I've sort of grown away from it. Still love the games though.

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: May 05, 2009, 07:04:28 am »

Hey, it's not my question, I was just asking people if they needed me to check. So no, it didn't answer my question since I was asking people if they needed me to check but you've answered them and confused me at the same time. :D
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.