Author Topic: A Comprehensive Pokémon Thread  (Read 341464 times)

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon: Diamond & Pearl
« Reply #1620 on: March 25, 2008, 09:22:40 am »
In that case, I shall breed one with a decent nature.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: March 29, 2008, 08:42:42 am »
I got a random shiny (not one of those you get by chaining)... a red gyarados... lol
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Oberic

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: March 31, 2008, 01:38:17 am »
Ok, I've got a shiny Phanpy caught at level 5, I can't really decide what to let it learn, I kinda want last resort, but double edge is much more reliable. but then there is also flail-endure combo, that seems good too. and there is defense curl-rollout combo, but that is annoying to use. and after it evolves it can get fire/ice fang....but charm and scary face are good dueling moves....   
 help?.. me?...

Also, still kinda need some opinions of beat up on an ambipom...

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: April 05, 2008, 06:54:15 am »
Earthquake, Stone Edge, Rapid Spin, Ice Shard, Roar, Stealth Rock.

Beat Up isn't reliable enough to be realistically used. It's more useless than Explosion if he's your last 'mon, or if your team has no serious physical attackers.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Oberic

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: April 05, 2008, 09:41:42 pm »
Alrighty, thanks /lurk! Was starting to think everyone abandoned the portable games section :)

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: April 06, 2008, 12:25:05 am »
Beat Up isn't reliable enough to be realistically used. It's more useless than Explosion if he's your last 'mon, or if your team has no serious physical attackers.

How does Beat Up actually work?

Question Number 2: Does Trick Room effect Priority Moves, like Extremespeed or Shadowsneak?
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: April 06, 2008, 05:55:39 am »
It gives a 10 power dark type physical attack from the Attack stat of all the unfainted pokemon in your party, I think. I've never really played around with Trick Room, but I assume that priority moves still go first - otherwise negative priority moves like Counter would always go first, and be completely useless. I'm not certain of that, though. Try it out and see.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Oberic

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: April 07, 2008, 12:48:53 am »
I'm not sure about hitting steel, but beat up doesn't do super effective to pure ghost or pure psychic, which dark is strong against.. so.. I think it's neutral damage, tagged as dark for target reasons..

Offline Kishmond

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
« Reply #1628 on: April 14, 2008, 02:36:57 pm »
Hm, what is the point of the underground cave explorer thing?
Yeah, [Kishmond] came back from Africa, but the ponies have him now.

Offline Martham112

• Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: April 15, 2008, 12:53:24 am »
You can get evolution stones, various fossils, plates and shards. I'm not sure what the shards do, but you can get all the other things from down there.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: April 15, 2008, 04:53:50 am »
I think shards are for trading with the move tutor.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 05:07:45 am by Cobra »

Offline Martham112

• Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: April 15, 2008, 06:45:56 am »
Doesn't the move tutor take heart scales? It doesn't really matter as you can find them down there too.

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: April 15, 2008, 09:12:09 am »
Yeah, Heart Scales are for re-teaching moves in Pastoria.

Shards are for buying weather TMs on Route 112 (?).

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: April 15, 2008, 08:46:44 pm »
Yeah, Heart Scales are for re-teaching moves in Pastoria.

Shards are for buying weather TMs on Route 112 (?).

That sounds about right I just spent a ton of time in the underground got my self a bit of everything but havent used any of it just yet as haven't need to I think I just got the fossils revived.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: April 16, 2008, 04:33:57 am »
Well, it seems the third version of Diamond and Pearl is all but confirmed.  Coro Coro are revealing a next game in next months issue, that's due to be released sometime this year.  So I was wondering what you guys think they should do to improve it, since things like battle animations and the battle frontier which have been used in the past remakes are already a part of D/P.

1. For me, I'd just really like to see a better variety of wild Pokemon, I think it's been discussed enough that I don't need to go into detail, but yeah, we need to have more than four kinds.  Different areas should have vastly different types that are catchable and they need to tone down the rarity of a few of them.  Being able to trade in Pokemon from older games and use the GTS made hunting for some of those stupidly rare Pokemon pointless, particularly the ones from older games, it was just a waste of time to look for them, and that ruined a lot of the fun for me.  And please take out that damn searcher thing - using it to find shining Pokemon was great, but again, needing it to find certain types was just a pain, and not actually any fun in the slightest.  JUST HAVE MORE TYPES IN THE WILD!

2.  The Poketch thing does not need to look like a crummy LCD watch, period.  How about some nice graphics?

3. Customisation.  How come we still can't create our own trainer, or customise the Pokemon?  Being able to dress them up for the contests was fun, but why couldn't we leave them like that?  Even if it uses a more basic set up, being able to personalise the Pokemon at least a little, would make the online play more exciting.

4. I was a sucker for Pokemon Yellow, having that little Pikachu follow you around was really great.  Diamond and Pearl almost felt like a slap in the face when they let you make certain Pokemon follow you.. but only in one very small area.  Is there any reason we couldn't just do this all the time?  Surely it could be some sort of option to increase happiness for that Pokemon, or something like that.