Author Topic: A Comprehensive Pokémon Thread  (Read 342229 times)

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon: Diamond & Pearl
« Reply #1590 on: March 12, 2008, 12:02:24 pm »
I don't think anybody expects Slaking to sweep away an entire team unaided; he's a Choice Bander at heart. Devastating, but only if you play him right. He is robust enough to take a couple of hits, though.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Ryederz

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: March 12, 2008, 10:15:21 pm »
hmmm i only play red,yellow and blue version. i'll try diamond

You sure missed a lot of fun :P

yup :( i missed a lot. i don't have enough time to play other game like before. instead of playing i go to sleep early to recharge and be ready for the next day of work. but i do have lots of time reading forums.

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: March 13, 2008, 01:06:53 pm »
Another moveset....

My Ambipom 'Ho Chi Minh'

- U-Turn
- Fake Out

What other moves shall he have? Basically, whenever I get a free switch, he'll come in, with a Fake out, and disappear with more damage to something bulkier using U-Turn. I'm just wondering what else his movset should have. Websites reccomend Payback (I can't see why, he's unlikely to survive a direct assault, or attack second.)
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: March 13, 2008, 01:38:18 pm »
Return and Brick Break are the first things that come to mind.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: March 15, 2008, 06:59:54 pm »
i feel stupid for asking this (mainly because i don't even know exactly where i am) but I'm stuck. I'm at the place where it's got a lot of rocks (Veilstone city, I think) and this dude tells me I can't pass to the next city due to a power outage. What exactly do i do here?

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: March 15, 2008, 07:08:17 pm »
I take it you mean your in resort area south of the town. Og into the main resort building in the south area of the resort. you can walk through the building (and heal if you talk tot he desk clerk) It will take you to a beach follow the beach west tot he next town.

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: March 16, 2008, 09:53:05 am »
I think you have to go and get the Lake Pokemon, or do something else not-gym related, before you can progress. Don't really remember.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: March 16, 2008, 10:58:52 am »
Thanks, that worked great. I spent about an hour trying to figure out where to go! :D

Is it just me, or is Crasher Wake really easy?

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: March 16, 2008, 11:07:26 am »
Most of the game is pretty easy, if you have reasonably levelled 'mon and a stock of potions.

Oh, and I just though: Payback would actually be pretty useful on Ambipom, since otherwise he's completely harmlesss to Ghosts. They'd be immune to all his moves except U-Turn, which they resist (In Gengar's case, 4x.) So go with Payback over Return unless you have a really good reason not to be concerned about Ghosts.
Not a winner anymore.

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: March 16, 2008, 11:17:33 am »
Yeah, that'd probably be alot better.

Offline Neoteric

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: March 16, 2008, 01:14:02 pm »
Yeah, with it's Technician ability, Punishment is a great attack. The ability will make it equal Brick Break in power, plus, there's always the chance that someone will switch something into it, doubling the power again.

So, I'm trying to get a team together. Does getting decent IV's always take this long? I've spent hours hatching eggs now and none of them have had more than 20 in the stats they need. :-\

Offline CrasherWake...But Better

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: March 16, 2008, 02:11:51 pm »
Yeah, with it's Technician ability, Punishment is a great attack. The ability will make it equal Brick Break in power, plus, there's always the chance that someone will switch something into it, doubling the power again.

So, I'm trying to get a team together. Does getting decent IV's always take this long? I've spent hours hatching eggs now and none of them have had more than 20 in the stats they need. :-\

The Technician ability is pretty cool, it essentially makes weak moves mega-powerful.

Fake Out is a nice option for Ambipom, make sure you max out Ambi's Attack EV's, so that Fake Out is annoying as possible. Speed EV's are also a must

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: March 16, 2008, 05:42:57 pm »

Pfft, I don't bother with IV's. The odds against getting something decent in more than one specific stat are pretty huge.

If you couldn't use Everstone trickery to get the right nature, it would just be ridiculous to even try.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: March 17, 2008, 04:40:44 am »
Also use the poke with the best stats as a parent so the kid inherits good stats if you give birth to a poke with better stats in an area you want bring that one in as the parent.

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: March 19, 2008, 03:02:54 am »
Heh, I got this AR code that makes any of two of your pokemon breed instantly after one step (as far as one is male and the other female), including pokes that can't breed with each other, it was fun. But then I tried with 2 females, 2 males, 1 male & 1 legendary, 1 female and 1 legendary and they all crashed the game when I walked 1 step :(
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.