Author Topic: A Comprehensive Pokémon Thread  (Read 342074 times)

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon: Diamond & Pearl
« Reply #1575 on: March 03, 2008, 01:27:04 pm »
I need some help setting up my Wi-Fi connection. At home, I have a Wireless internet connection. However, whenever I scan for it, it claims my security settings are not supported by the DS and directs me to the (useless) website.

Anyone experienced anything similar? Would disabling a firewall or some other security option help?

I'm using a Sky Wireless Broadband package.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

gec05

« Reply #1576 on: March 03, 2008, 03:19:09 pm »
What type of security format does your wireless router have.

It needs to be WEP or it won't work.

Offline Oberic

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: March 05, 2008, 05:24:48 am »
The shiny sparkle (after you wear out the graphics so much it doesn't make the cooler ones any more.) lasts the longest, doesn't shake the grass, and is in a loose cluster of 4-5(6?) specks; depending on which graphic it decided to use. I seem to think they are kinda purple.. more than yellow, but the cool ones were pure white.. I dunno, I might have been so tired making them appear everything was purple.. whatever.
ANYWAY, the point is, you won't think it's shiny, you will know. And it will burn holes into your brain. Then you proceed to collect 20 of 'em, and your left thumb falls off.

Advice or TIPS/whatever (mostly intended for people just skimming this thread to see what it says):
1: Make sure you eat first, you won't likely want to risk messing up your chain just to keep from starving to death. If you forget to eat first, get into a battle, then eat.
2: Buy all of the super repels, all of them.
3: It never hurts to have 200-300+ leppa berries, revives, and some sort of potions (if they're the higher level Pokés you want).
4: Walls are pure evil, this includes empty ground, fences, trees.. anything except more radar grass.
5: That guy in the starly-bidoof grass left of Sandgem could potentially steal a shiny. If this game had killing... Yeah.
6: To get the chain to 40 (1 in 200 chance is awesome), take no chances at all. Rather than other charts, follow the chart below. you are X, tiles that are made of evil are 0, tiles that are safe(est) are 5.
0000X0000

If that is hard to read, count the tiles from where you start, if it takes 4 tiles one direction, then turn and walk 1-3 tiles, it's safe(est). Though you may still have to actually walk a different path.

Sorry my posts are big, really.

But it's awesome! I got my first perfect-near perfect shiny!
Female, Ralts, Synchronize, Modest, high sp.atk IVs... !!!! On top of that, the chain was at 5, Gardevoir is one of my 3 favorites, and I don't have enough Psychics at level 50. Also got a *Spoink and a *Medicham
*Shiny.. Duh..

Oh, right, good luck with the Wi-Fi! I really wish I could get it, I could probably get a shiny flygon for that one dude, and we could fight and.. whatever...  :'(

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: March 10, 2008, 10:50:09 am »
I'd just like to say that I love my Slaking.

Everyone hates him, but I love him. Who cares about his ability when you OHKO with every attack?

Anyway, his moveset and explanations:

Giga Impact
Shadow Claw (I'm thinking of leading with this, as I can see many people switching to Ghost Types as soon as I send Slaking out.)
Punishment (For the aforementioned Ghosts, aswell as hitting Baton Passers hard in the begining.)
Hammer Arm (For Steels?)

Any suggestions?
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: March 10, 2008, 10:57:59 am »
Hm, Giga Impact could work on a Slaking with his ability.

Also, you could add a move like Slack Off there, as his ability only stops using attacking moves. And a bit of recovery can never hurt.

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: March 10, 2008, 11:11:46 am »
Hm, Giga Impact could work on a Slaking with his ability.

Also, you could add a move like Slack Off there, as his ability only stops using attacking moves. And a bit of recovery can never hurt.

Slaking can use Slack Off on the 'wasted' turn?

Really?

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: March 10, 2008, 12:16:27 pm »
According to Serebii, he can use status moves.

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: March 10, 2008, 01:30:31 pm »
Thanks, thats a huge help.

I'll definitley be carrying Slack Off then.

Which narrows my options down to;

Giga Impact
Slack Off
Shadow Claw
Punishment

A good set? Instead of Punishment or Shadow Claw, I think Fire Punch or Hammer Arm are very viable options for dealing with Steel.

EDIT: Slaking cannot use Slack Off on the Loafing around Turn. I'll test Amnesia (Although I'll probably replace that with Bulk
Up.)

Slaking cannot boost it's stats between turns either? Are you sure Slaking can do anything on it's Loafing around turn?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 02:17:20 pm by Mr. Consideration »

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: March 10, 2008, 03:39:59 pm »
No, it cannot. Anyone who believes that it can is a total retard. All you can do with Slaking on it's loafing around turn is switch it - and if you use Giga Impact, you can't even do that.

So that's a case for using Return instead of Giga Impact for your power move, if you value survivability over sheer power. Oh, and note that Ghost type attacks are super effective against ghosts, so you don't actually need Punishment at all. Earthquake and Fire Punch are probably the best other two moves that I can think of, but as I recall you need Emerald to get Fire Punch. Outside of them, Hammer Arm or Brick Break are possibly his best options.

In case you're interested, mine runs Return, Brick Break, Shadow Claw and, ideally, Earthquake, but I haven't obtained the TM I need for that yet. So he's stuck with Flail =/
Not a winner anymore.

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: March 11, 2008, 10:59:03 am »
Yeah, I'm dropping Punishment for Earthquake, and Slack Off for Zen Headbutt. (Slaking is being utilised for a Pokemon tournament where we are only using one type each. Someone has chose fighting.)

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: March 11, 2008, 11:51:58 am »
Hm, odd, I thought he could do something else then attack on his loafing turn. Truant says: He cannot attack consecutively.

Anyway, sorry for confusing :-p

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: March 11, 2008, 12:00:18 pm »
Hm, odd, I thought he could do something else then attack on his loafing turn. Truant says: He cannot attack consecutively.

Anyway, sorry for confusing :-p

Attack in Pokemon is synonymous with Move.

Offline Ryederz

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: March 11, 2008, 07:29:43 pm »
hmmm i only play red,yellow and blue version. i'll try diamond

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: March 11, 2008, 08:05:13 pm »
hmmm i only play red,yellow and blue version. i'll try diamond

You sure missed a lot of fun :P
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: March 12, 2008, 03:00:26 am »
You still slack after the OHKO. You can also be in trouble if you go up against a focus sasher you can go on to sweep. Still in the end you may be able to brute force past a physical wall. I really need to get back to working on my team I got bored for a while and started just evolving various starters.