Author Topic: A Comprehensive Pokémon Thread  (Read 341078 times)

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon: Diamond & Pearl
« Reply #1530 on: February 18, 2008, 11:27:27 am »
Just a clarification, If I'm fighting Trainers using the Vs Seeker, every time we battle their pokemon will beocme progresisvley stronger?
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: February 18, 2008, 11:35:46 am »
Untill the become lv 70, indeed.

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: February 18, 2008, 12:04:15 pm »
Didn't know that!
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: February 18, 2008, 12:05:18 pm »
They seem to do it very irregularly, though. Is it something to do with the relative level of your team?
Not a winner anymore.

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: February 18, 2008, 12:59:41 pm »
They seem to do it very irregularly, though. Is it something to do with the relative level of your team?

Yeah. Sometime the levels increase, sometimes they don't. Bizarre. I'm going to keep working on the same 'patch' of trainers.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: February 18, 2008, 04:09:42 pm »
Yeah i have notice they increase irregularly sometime I can fight them multiple times and they will stay level 19. Others will zoom into the high 50s quickly. I always keep a high level or 2 in my team just in case Sometimes carry an uber just to be sure.

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: February 20, 2008, 10:40:58 pm »
Train on the rich couple. Good xp + money.

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: February 21, 2008, 02:04:22 am »
Yeah I been hitting up the rich boy on route 222 i think it is bust out me amulet coin and take him to the cleaners.

I'm going through a fortune buying master balls to try and catch a lonely ditto. I'm starting to suspect Lonely ditto's are lonely because they don't hang out in the grass areas with the other ditto.

Offline Oberic

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: February 21, 2008, 02:42:26 am »
Wow, I thought Vs Seeker exp fodder only went to 60, and only a hand full of 'em.. Oh well.

D'oh, had no idea that trainer's pokés gave 50% more exp! (discovered that last night.)

"Update of me, If anybody is bored enough to feign reading" Yeah.
New shiny, OH YEAH!!  ... It's a blue gastrodon, it. looks. the. same. 97% the same. meh, EVs rock! So do Eevees. Trump card's last hit is wicked, takes too long to use it though. Takes too long to use last resort too, lame move. return.

I HATE the new sprites for Ninetails and Vulpix. The other image (while it is animating) is much better, not quite ruby quality, but close. I want a hack or update, to switch which image is number one, and which is number two.

Finished the national dex, only had to use my AR for a couple things; the legends you basically can't get, the G/S starters, magmar family and rhyperior. Didn't wanna waste buckets of cash for leaf green or my only protector, which I can't replace.

Oh, and you can't give the noobs with bidoofs on GTS mews, it don't work at all. LOL, I had to try it atleast once. (they aren't cloning, they have no items on the fat lard of big toothness.)

Anyone have lucky egg the right way? been trying for what seems like eternity, my Eevee was 91 when I started, got a shuckle holding exp share since level 24 and it's 41 and the Eevee is 93 now, this is my second attempt at getting lucky egg.. Bloody 5% Chansey appear rate with bloody 5% lucky egg drop rate.. I AM ANNOYED.

Have a nice day, sorry I post the way I do. :p

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: February 21, 2008, 03:08:51 am »
Best way for lucky eggs. Go to the poke mansion save before entering talk to th guy who says what is common in the garden if he doesn't say chansey reset to save and keep trying until he says chancey when he does go into garden out back and start using radar to find chanceys when u do chain then making sure to catch them all until u get one with the egg.

Offline Oberic

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: February 21, 2008, 04:43:36 am »
Hey man, Cobra, DUDE! I didn't know save-load worked at the mansion! Thanks! Oh, chansey is one of the special mansion pokés huh? Ok then, I'll be sure and do that, thanks!
 :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

btw, covet or thief (most pokémon can learn thief through breeding or tm.) are faster than catching, great for fishing-stealing Luvdiscs heart scales. I don't like Luvdisc much, but it's the pokémon I fish for the most..

I'm glad Jigglypuff is in smash bros. brawl, she rocks.

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: February 21, 2008, 10:05:52 am »
I've decided on a new addition to my team, that I'll ocassionally employ against certain opponents: An Arcanine.

There seem to be a lot of high-defence steel types that are major players in battles; Bronzong, Metagross, Skarmory, Magnezone, Scizor...

A few of my friends have started to use them more commonly (One of them depends upon his Skarmory's Spikes and Roaring, aswell as his special sweeper Sceptile), so I've decided I'll bring a high-damage fire type to the party, and I've always loved Arcanine. Yes, I know, scary Stealth Rock. Arcanine isn't going to last long anyway, so I've made peace with that.

My moveset currently is:

Flare Blitz
Overheat
Thunderfang (In case someone switches in Gyarados or Milotic)
Roar/Howl/Iron Tail/Extremespeed/Bite/Crunch

As you can see, I'm not sure what to have for my last slot. Arcanine will function primarily as a physical hitter, changing to Overheat when faced with on of the aforementioned Steel types. I just have no idea what I want for the last slot. Roar will get rid of any pesky Pokemon boosting thier own stats, or if someone switches in Rhyperior or something. Howl is a simple attack booster, which quite a few people reccomend. Iron Tail might give a few Rock types a nasty suprise, and Extremespeed is a signature move, and essentially Quick Attack on steroids. I'm also quite willing to utterly change his moveset.

Help?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 10:09:06 am by Mr. Consideration »

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: February 21, 2008, 10:54:44 am »
I'd go with Extremespeed or maybe Dragon Pulse in that last slot. Nothing outright resists Dragon Pulse/Overheat, and it hits scary stuff life Salamence and Garchomp super-effectively. That said, Salamence and Garchomp will probably kill Arcanine anyway.

I'm not convinced of the effectiveness of Iron Tail: it has low accuracy and still bounces off Rhyperior like nothing. Dragon Pulse would certainly hit him harder. Extremespeed's usefulness goes without saying, though.

Of course, if you don't already have a team member with Roar or Whirlwind, that's pretty important to get.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: February 22, 2008, 02:07:25 am »
Garchomp will mostly likely Earthquake Arcanine out of the arena pretty fast. Still I have put some considaration to adding an Arcanaine to my team. If only because i think it's a pretty sweet poke even if it does fall slightly short of being in OU. Still it looks like it was buffed nicely  in D/P.

Offline Oberic

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: February 23, 2008, 02:29:06 am »
Ok, the 40-step then refresh repeatedly thing works great, I got two shiny female Glooms! Woot!

Also, the "Shiny Sparkle" can be a lot of different patterns. It's been different each time I've seen it.

Gonna get me a Shiny Murkrow tommorow night if I can, and maybe a Porygon or Eevee or something coo' like that! WOO!! Best item ever in any game: Pokéradar. (unless anything in Spore counts. :p)