Author Topic: A Comprehensive Pokémon Thread  (Read 341864 times)

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon: Diamond & Pearl
« Reply #1500 on: February 06, 2008, 09:22:36 pm »
I might have to get back into this start breeding and EV training my team of 6. I only finished like 2 of them ( think i still have to put some TMs on them though). It's a pain trying to hatch with good IVs.

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: February 07, 2008, 05:09:43 am »
Word.

I have one soopah ditto, which has all IV's above 18, and two 31 IV's. IT'S EVERSTONE TIME.

I defeated AlwaysWatching in a DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DUEL!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 07:46:28 am by Yannick »

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: February 07, 2008, 12:00:24 pm »
Focusing on one attack stat lets you put the rest of the EV's into speed and make it a hell of a lot faster. Having a mixed moveset to slap down the wrong type of wall if it comes in is pretty pointless when you get outsped and swept by anything reasonably speedy packing Stone Edge. Which a lot of pokemon do.

Charizard has decent attack in both physical and special categories, though, so go with whichever one his nature boosts or doesn't detract from.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: February 07, 2008, 12:20:36 pm »
I defeated AlwaysWatching in a DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DUEL!

Very mature. :)
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: February 07, 2008, 05:30:54 pm »
Well now that yesterday my PuzzleQuest character managed to forge a series of items which turn her into a super insane over powered character that wins any battle in at least 4 moves. It looks like going back to farming pokemon to build a team. I hope I can remember what the team I was trying to build was.

gec05

« Reply #1505 on: February 07, 2008, 08:34:02 pm »
Likewise. I erased my game and wanted to replay the game through patiently.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: February 10, 2008, 07:08:56 pm »
With Puzzle quest i already finished the all the quests so it didn't matter that I dicovered a bunch of uber powerful items.

Edit: I started working on team again and am considaring some major over hauls Mostly because the team has far to many special sweepers and maybe try and find something that will better take care of some of the over used types.

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: February 11, 2008, 08:04:59 am »
God, I hate some aspects of this game. Trying to catch a Miltank on Diamond is a nightmare. Problem is, I can't trade with anybody because it's a 'secret weapon' of sorts, and my GTS doesn't work (My Wireless internet is apparently 'not compatible')

I've been chaining all day. I've slaughtered truckloads of Chanceys, Mime Juniors, Tauros and other rare Pokemon.....but no bloody Miltank.

I'm dreading I'll accidentally kill it or something.

I suppose this is payback for coming across a Duskull and Shuckle in a row.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: February 11, 2008, 08:19:30 am »
Miltank? Not too bad of a choice, but if you're getting sick of looking try getting either Bronzong or Skarm/Bliss

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: February 11, 2008, 09:33:30 am »
Miltank? Not too bad of a choice, but if you're getting sick of looking try getting either Bronzong or Skarm/Bliss

My team already incorporates a Snorlax, as my Special tank, so I need to fill the gap with something that is defense orientated. I intend to give Miltank Earthquake and Return, as damage options, as well as Stealth Rock and a heal move.

Blissey's terrible defence and inability to fight back puts me off, and Skarmory and Bronzong are a little bit to common for me.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: February 11, 2008, 10:02:23 am »
Or you could go for the uncommon Leafeon, which has a 130 base defence stat along with 110 attack base not to mention that awesome 95 speed. A good leafeon would be:

Leafeon@Dry Rock/Leftovers (Either get some HP back, or keep Sunny day longer, which helps)
- Synthesis
- Sunny Day
- Leaf Blade
- Giga Drain/Grasswhistle
152/252 HP / 252 Def / 100/4 Spd
Impish Nature

I know all grass moves, but they all suit a different purpose.
Set up a Sunny Day/Grasswhistle for your first move, and start counting them. When you're in your last sunny day turn, use Grasswhistle to lull the foe asleep, use Sunny day again, attack using leaf blade.

For EV spreads, I'd suggest either putting some EV's in speed to be able to set up grasswhistle before opponent can attack, or go for a heavy armoured leafeon. I wouldn't use Giga Drain, although you're free to use it.

Of course, Miltank is just as good, just saying some less rare options.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 10:07:15 am by Yannick »

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: February 11, 2008, 10:29:44 am »
I have a Leafeon. and a few Eevees. If I don't catch a Miltank today or tomorow, I'll go with Leafeon.

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: February 11, 2008, 10:33:17 am »
Want some defensive Miltank movesets or do you know what you'll do with miltank for 100% already?

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: February 11, 2008, 10:59:45 am »
I'm already pretty sure what I'm doing with my Miltank, thanks.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: February 11, 2008, 12:37:22 pm »
Try catching a Tauros on Pearl. >:(

Grass Whistle is way too inaccurate to get away with, especially since hypnosis went up to 70% accuracy. Sunny Daying with Leafeon is just asking for something to come in and ream you with boosted flamethrower - or even solarbeam, what with his rubbish special defense. You'd have to run a full Sunny-Day team or at least have something with Flash Fire to catch the fire blast, since even Snorlax doesn't like its opponents getting free 1.5x boosts on their attacks.
Not a winner anymore.