Author Topic: A Comprehensive Pokémon Thread  (Read 342175 times)

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon: Diamond & Pearl
« Reply #1245 on: August 04, 2007, 01:30:29 pm »
That's EXACTLY what I thought they shoulda done too. :-/
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline benjaminge

• Galaxian Guru
  • He said it, not me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: August 05, 2007, 11:41:15 am »
i dont know where i found 40hours to play this game.... seriously, i thought id put in 20 max! value for money all the way
Apparently the warning "do not try this at home" really means "do not try this at all"... no one told ME!!!!

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: August 05, 2007, 08:32:41 pm »
I clocked about 160 only thing I dont really have a time where i sit to play DS anymore. Also seeing most of what I would be doign now is EV training and breeding for pokemon I just dont feel like it if i find a pokemon I want to train it be no problem though.

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: August 05, 2007, 09:29:10 pm »
I perfected my Tyrannitar with EVs and Breeding all the way. Took a hell of a long time so I used someone's action replay to steal me some Rare Candies.

Now for my other 5 battle-mons. :P

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: August 05, 2007, 10:11:09 pm »
I just use high enough level zigzagoons for rarecandy getting. even then u dont need that much candy just enough to get pokemon to a good enough level to get an acurate enough reading on its IVs. I generally dont go for perfect IVs just good enough int he right areas to complement the species.

Offline benjaminge

• Galaxian Guru
  • He said it, not me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: August 06, 2007, 03:52:10 am »
so if a pokemon has pickup, do the items get better the higher the level!??!

i always assumed they just picked up the hidden items on the floor...
Apparently the warning "do not try this at home" really means "do not try this at all"... no one told ME!!!!

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: August 06, 2007, 05:58:57 am »
Yeah, they do. At higher levels you can get Earthquake and Focus Punch TMs. There's a table on Serebii that tells you exactly what items you get at which levels.

Offline benjaminge

• Galaxian Guru
  • He said it, not me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: August 11, 2007, 03:01:20 pm »
OMG.... okay. i JUST beat the elite four and champion (yay). I went into the 1st room kinda by accident and saved forgetting i couldnt just leave if i found it too hard. oh yeah, my team were all between lvl 45 and 49. this wasn't going to be fun.

surprisingly i found the first four okay! at least two of my pokemon fainted each time i think, thankfully had stocked up on a fair few revives b4 i went in. Started the final battle and was doin okay, got to her last pokemon (her lvl 66 dragon one...) quietly confident that i should be able to take it as i had 5 pokemon left.

Infernape died, one hit
Roserade died, one hit
Crobat died, one hit

oh daaaaaamnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

sent out Gengar thinking i could use his newly learned move... destinany bond! i felt so dirty thinking i would win with that move...

Gengar died... in critical hit, before i could use it (does dragon rush let you move 1st? or was it just too fast?)

oh daaaaamnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

okay... i knew last pokemon, Diaglia, wouldn' be able to take it (lvl 49....) so i sent it out, revived Gengar, Diaglia died, Go Gengar, revived Crobat, Gengar died, Go Crobat, revived Gengar, Crobat survived with 2 health! Revived Infernape, Crobat died, Go Gengar, tried to use Destiny bond... got dragon rushed again.

and so it continued, each time i was LAMELY hoping dragon rush wouldnt kill Gengar and i would get my cheap victory, until i had just 3 revives left and i was preparing for defeat, then suddenly...

foes *big dragon thingy* used Earthquake!

YES. it had run outa PP! and it didnt have ANY other moves that could harm my wonderful Gengar (giga impact, brickbreak, earthquake) WOOPIE!!!

so i slowly, Gengar being lvl 51 now, shadow balled (twice, no PP) and dark pulsed it to death!

Voila! I'm a champion! tho i feel so dirty :(

oh well. thought u guys might appreciate the story.

a few questions now:

where do i get an eevee?
where do i get a ditto?
which is better... scope lens or razor claw?
did anyone else's say FIN at the end of the credits? what was that about? did i wait MONTHS for an "english" version, only for them to forget to fully translate the ending? not the biggest problem, i'll admit, but a lil annoying!

also... whats the easiest way to catch uxie and ... the other lake legendary that isnt mespirit? i tried for a while but when it wouldnt stay in 10 dusk balls and 14 ultra balls while paralized and a slither of health, i got annoyed and gave up. im gona try again in a minute with more balls. any advice?

well this has been a long post! ho hum

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: August 11, 2007, 07:29:07 pm »
Eevee you can get from the person you designed the computer pokemon storage system I can't remember the name of the town theya re from. the house is like next to the the pokemon centre if memory serves just cant think of the town name right now I'll look it up in a second.

Ditto is easy once you got the Poke radar head to the route just east of Conclave city i think it's called use it in the grass you should find one.

Offline benjaminge

• Galaxian Guru
  • He said it, not me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: August 12, 2007, 03:24:43 am »
awesome :) i found the eevee just before reading this actually! and managed to catch uxie and azlef last night

uxie took ages, but eventually stayed in a timer ball.
azlef wiped out my team 1st time (nasty plot maxed s.att then confusion and future sight) while i was lobbing balls, but stayed in a dusk ball 1st time when i re-tried!

thanks for ditto advice will try that in a bizzle.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: August 12, 2007, 04:33:20 am »
Never helps to have a dark pokemon on your team. Also when catching rares it's made easier to paralize them then spam there accuracy right down with sand attack or anything else similar, then u can whittle the HP to as low as you like.

Offline benjaminge

• Galaxian Guru
  • He said it, not me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: August 12, 2007, 07:39:00 am »
i have my ditto now :D let the breeding commence!

do you get an egg every hour outa curiosity? if not how does it work?

so the pokeradar... what other pokemon can i find with it? i've found a flaaffy, grimer, smeargle and a mightyena. oh, and ditto. any chance of an absol? i like those.

and the mansion man said there were azurill in his garden... but i cudnt find one. is there a trick?

i had other questions, but i forgot them, so obviously not that important :)

Offline benjaminge

• Galaxian Guru
  • He said it, not me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: August 12, 2007, 09:52:04 am »
i worked out eggs bein laid was on steps btw! yay for all my eevee babies!
now onto the starters :D

anyone know where the super rod is?
and the best place to hatch eggs?

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: August 13, 2007, 08:08:15 am »
Best place to hatch eggs is just at the breeding centre.  Get on the bike, and just ride up and down on that route.  That way you can even see when the guy has more eggs for you.

I really need to get back to playing the game.  I hatched around 300 Charmanders in an attempt to find a Shiny one, but no luck.  At least I have my Golem.

gec05

« Reply #1259 on: August 13, 2007, 09:54:58 am »
Isn't there only one place to make eggs? Or does Benj mean a place where you can actually accelerate the egg incubation time? If so I'd like to know.