Author Topic: A Comprehensive Pokémon Thread  (Read 342199 times)

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon: Diamond & Pearl
« Reply #1170 on: July 05, 2007, 08:40:29 pm »
Dual types can produce dual weakness obviously Spiritomb is ultimate in that it cancels it's self out. Still there can be issues such as your Golem having x4 weakness ot Grass or even water which is common and Garydos having x4 weakness to Electric which is very common in a sweeper.

Does anyone know how effective the new Magnaton evoltuion is as a Skarmory counter? I know Magnaton was a somewhat popular counter previously but had few other uses has it been improved on now?

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: July 06, 2007, 03:12:39 am »
Does anyone know how effective the new Magnaton evoltuion is as a Skarmory counter? I know Magnaton was a somewhat popular counter previously but had few other uses has it been improved on now?

It has Magnet Pull to stop the thing escaping, and has a special attack stat on par with Alakazam, and high defenses.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: July 06, 2007, 06:53:17 am »
Sounds like they beefed it up should help with over using Skarmory. I did considar looking to put it in my team but my team is set up fine for Skarmory threats. At least i hope it is done up well enough. With people mentioning there teams so far I been considaring maybe making it part of the tournament to announce teams or something that we we all level playing field and can provide suggestions possibly for even battling outside our liike corner of the net.

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: July 06, 2007, 11:53:18 am »
Dual types can produce dual weakness obviously Spiritomb is ultimate in that it cancels it's self out. Still there can be issues such as your Golem having x4 weakness ot Grass or even water which is common and Garydos having x4 weakness to Electric which is very common in a sweeper.

If they take out an electric type I'll just switch to Golem and kill it, if they take out a water i'll just switch to Magnezone and kill it. Yay!
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: July 06, 2007, 12:05:16 pm »
Sounds like they beefed it up should help with over using Skarmory. I did considar looking to put it in my team but my team is set up fine for Skarmory threats. At least i hope it is done up well enough. With people mentioning there teams so far I been considaring maybe making it part of the tournament to announce teams or something that we we all level playing field and can provide suggestions possibly for even battling outside our liike corner of the net.

I suggest that participants all PM the organiser their teams, he posts them all before the start, and they're allowed to make one change from their posted team for any given match up.

Offline Person21

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: July 09, 2007, 05:16:52 am »
Ok, sorry if this has been asked, but don't have time to look throught 77, and I couldn't find anything helpful on serebii.net, but were can I find waterfall?  :-[
Person21 - As enjoyed by Veraal.
A wise Surface to Air Missile once said about marrying 9 year olds in Saudi Arabia "Its pretty hard to tell if a 9 year old is going to be hot when she grows up, kids change a lot, usually, seems like a bad system. That cute little nine year old you married could end being a fat, zitty teenager."

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: July 09, 2007, 06:18:04 am »
Use Veekun, not Serebii. Serebii seriously needs to die. Both the site and the proprietor.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: July 09, 2007, 07:02:15 am »
Taken from Gamefaqs

HM07 - Waterfall (Physical)

Type:         Water
PP:           15
Power:        80
Accuracy:     100
Information:  Outside of battle, this will allow you to climb waterfalls.
              Inside of battle, nothing special as far as added effects go.
Suggestion:   Use on a Water Pokemon with a high attack (Gyarados is good).

It's the north part of the town just before you surf along route 223 your way towards Victory road. on the sand is a girl talk to her she will give you the HM saying you need it to reach Victory road. (You should be talking to everyone anyway.)

Offline Person21

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: July 09, 2007, 08:45:24 am »
Right, thanks,  :D
Person21 - As enjoyed by Veraal.
A wise Surface to Air Missile once said about marrying 9 year olds in Saudi Arabia "Its pretty hard to tell if a 9 year old is going to be hot when she grows up, kids change a lot, usually, seems like a bad system. That cute little nine year old you married could end being a fat, zitty teenager."

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: July 11, 2007, 09:22:18 am »
I need the dex entries for the johto legendaries (Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-oh) and Deoxys, but have no way to get them at all. Does anyone have em so I can trade for em to get the dex entries? I'll trade em right back afterwards, since I don't actually want them, just the entries.

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: July 21, 2007, 01:32:48 am »
So is it just me or has this game worn off for everyone else as well?

I havn't played in a week.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Xenomorph

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: July 21, 2007, 01:38:15 am »
omg european release in 6 days. FINALY! we get to buy the game while you guys have played it for a few months now! >:(
"Apply layers to Reality
Things only you can see
Add a beat to Normality
To tap the core of Insanity"

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: July 21, 2007, 02:00:16 am »
I have to admit I haven't played as much I'm trying to find time to prepare my next pokemon that I'll use anytime I do competitive battles.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: July 21, 2007, 04:18:30 am »
omg european release in 6 days. FINALY! we get to buy the game while you guys have played it for a few months now! >:(

Yay! Now I just need to buy a DS lite to replace my crappy broken DS.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: July 21, 2007, 06:15:19 am »
You seriously should have just imported because really that wait sucks I know we took for ever to get the game but damn.