Author Topic: A Comprehensive Pokémon Thread  (Read 341902 times)

Offline Devoid

• Qix Crazy
  • Join the resistance!
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon: Diamond & Pearl
« Reply #675 on: April 22, 2007, 08:23:18 pm »
Got it! My friend and I found both diamond and pearl easily. We started off by trading all the starters around so we have all of them, but I'm only using one, and I'll raise the others later, just to get them into my pokedex. He's using his like normal pokemon, which to me just seems a little too easy, since half the fun of facing gym leaders is trying to scrounge up pokemon who are strong against that type.

It's pretty standard stuff so far. It's getting to the point where they should just drop color labels, and start using years instead. They barely even bother telling you the storyline this time. "There are these things called pokemon. Here's a pokedex. Go start your adventure! Bye!" Not that I really care, though. I'm already running into a pretty good mix of old and new pokemon.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: April 22, 2007, 08:39:05 pm »
That is the story basically they don't want to give character background because people want to role play other than that it's win the Pokemon league and catch'em all. As for Australia my lunch break visit to EB seems to suggest we got the EU release which I guess means it gives me time to finish the huge list of games i currently have to get through. The pain though is by the time we get this all of you will have trained you Pokemon to the point they have the right combination of move sets and everything and by the time we get there I imagine all of you will be tired of it all.

Offline Devoid

• Qix Crazy
  • Join the resistance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: April 22, 2007, 08:46:23 pm »
Well don't worry. You can play amongst yourselves. And when you start feeling like you've got some good pokemon, we'll go wipe the dust off of our games, and put you in your place.  ;)

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: April 22, 2007, 09:02:42 pm »
I wouldn't mind the wait if the only people I could compete agaisnt were locals but staggering the release on a world wide scale does give an unfair advantage. Even if they make the battle of pokemon all sitting on Level 50 a team of pokes with tack and tail whip are no match for those who bring earthquake tot he table.

Offline Lazerbyte

• Phoenix Fighter
  • You've been Lazered
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: April 22, 2007, 10:04:20 pm »
My partner and I played Pokemon all afternoon as our Gamestop opened up at 8am and we were like 2nd in line!!  We really enjoyed playing it espeically the wi fi part!

This is by far the BEST pokemon game!

Thank you, as you have just been Lazered

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: April 22, 2007, 10:27:39 pm »
I guess the best thing is with wifi internet access the full potential of this game can be realized.

gec05

« Reply #681 on: April 23, 2007, 07:42:02 am »
The frined code system still stinks though...

Offline Xenomorph

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: April 23, 2007, 07:47:16 am »
i envy you all >:( and my friend. he has a 'ds-download-n-play' thingy on his ds, so he downloads pokemon and puts it on a memory card. now he has 4 badges and i envy him so much.... :-\ :'( :'( :'(
i wanna play pokemon!  :'( :'( :'(
"Apply layers to Reality
Things only you can see
Add a beat to Normality
To tap the core of Insanity"

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: April 23, 2007, 08:08:54 am »
I have a friend who does a similar thing, and... well, flashcarding Diamond and Pearl are not quite as illustrious as you might think. For a start, the rom BARELY runs, and when it does it runs poorly. Jerky animation, lockups and crashes, inability to access certain features, self-deleting saves, etc. It appears Nintendo have thrown in a ton of almost constant hardware/security checks to make sure both the cart and the ds are the real deal. If they fail, the game crashes and deletes any saved data.

Simply put, they're guarding their cash cows pretty damn well from emulation. Flash carding it isn't something you should really envy.

Offline Xenomorph

• View Profile
« Reply #684 on: April 23, 2007, 08:10:14 am »
crashing, deleting files or not, he IS playing the game. i have to wait for a very long time... :-\
"Apply layers to Reality
Things only you can see
Add a beat to Normality

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: April 23, 2007, 08:12:15 am »
Frankly i'd barely class it as playing if the progress is impaired so stringently. It's like a demo, only a really erratic demo.

Have you considered importing, if you're not in the US?

Offline Xenomorph

• View Profile
« Reply #686 on: April 23, 2007, 08:13:33 am »
 :-\ do you need a credit card for importing? if so, importing will be no option...
"Apply layers to Reality
Things only you can see
Add a beat to Normality

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: April 23, 2007, 08:14:08 am »
Ask your parents?

Offline Xenomorph

• View Profile
« Reply #688 on: April 23, 2007, 08:16:27 am »
thats a deathwish.... :-\ well, okay, not really a deathwish, but small chance....
"Apply layers to Reality
Things only you can see
Add a beat to Normality

Offline Glacies

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: April 23, 2007, 08:28:47 am »
So, has it come out in canada yet? I wants it...

And convinced my friend that pearl would somehow be enhanced by his pink ds, so that he wouldn't buy diamond, which has a cooler legendary that I wanna get first. How's that for a run-on sentence?