Author Topic: A Comprehensive Pokémon Thread  (Read 342120 times)

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon: Diamond & Pearl
« Reply #585 on: January 26, 2007, 11:29:41 pm »
You dont need to read 39 pages to know its out in japan already thats like very old news and rather big pokemon news.

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
« Reply #586 on: January 27, 2007, 10:07:06 pm »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pokemon_Diamond_and_Pearl

There is this magical site run by Jesus, Eligecos. Check it out.

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: January 28, 2007, 07:48:16 am »
The wikipedia article says nothing about online connectivity. How much will there be? Will it be just like having the other person there, and you can trade pokemon that way? My friend and I will buy it if that's the case (different versions, of course).

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: January 28, 2007, 07:57:11 am »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pokemon_Diamond_and_Pearl

There is this magical site run by Jesus, Eligecos. Check it out.
If by 'Jesus' you mean a shower of pedantic, anal-retentive idealogues...

The wikipedia article says nothing about online connectivity. How much will there be? Will it be just like having the other person there, and you can trade pokemon that way? My friend and I will buy it if that's the case (different versions, of course).
There's a global trade station where you can put up Pokemon for trade and specify what you want in return, then when you come back, someone may or may not have traded you.

From what I've heard, everything else requires Friend Codes.  :(

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: January 28, 2007, 07:33:47 pm »
There's a global trade station where you can put up Pokemon for trade and specify what you want in return, then when you come back, someone may or may not have traded you.

I can't tell if you're kidding or not.

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: January 28, 2007, 07:49:24 pm »
That's basically what happens from what I can tell.

gec05

« Reply #591 on: February 10, 2007, 11:11:12 pm »
I went on ahead and bought me Fire Red. (coz it brings back memories of the old Pokemon. ;D ) I'm playing through it right now so that if I possibly get this new one, I can move my other ones into this one. Though I hope you don't have to play over 2/3 through the game so I earn the ability to do so like what Red and Green one does with Ruby and Saphire.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: February 11, 2007, 12:43:59 am »
Unfortunately, you do.

Once again, you need to have the national dex before you can trade between the older games and in order to get it, you need to have seen all 200 or so Pokemon from the D/P dex.  I can understand why they do this, they don't want people to import all of their old super powerfull Pokemon too early in the game, but it's so easy to get around that, it's just pointless.

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: February 11, 2007, 07:39:02 am »
Yeah, that's why I thought they were doing it as well.

But the pal park, where you transfer your Pokemon from your old games to D/P isn't available until after you defeat the Elite Four, so given that, it seems completely pointless to also add this limitation.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: February 11, 2007, 02:40:45 pm »
I can see the point as well although it is a pain as i can't trade some of my Ruby Poke's with my cousin because he hasn't finished leaf green. Oh well i guess i can work on making a market of Mudkips to trade with people or something.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: February 12, 2007, 01:03:45 am »
Yeah, that's why I thought they were doing it as well.

But the pal park, where you transfer your Pokemon from your old games to D/P isn't available until after you defeat the Elite Four, so given that, it seems completely pointless to also add this limitation.

Tha Pal Park itself seems like a completely worthless addition as well.  I could understand it, if all the Pokemon you caught were giving new ID numbers, etc, but no.  When you catch them they're exactly the same as they were back in your old GBA games.  So why do we have to go through all the trouble of catching them again?  and why can we only do six a day?

It seems they're just trying to make things awkward, it's going to take me weeks to transfer all mine over.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: February 25, 2007, 03:28:59 pm »
Well, we're getting closer to the US release now, dispite a lot of the problems it seems to have, I'm pretty excited.  There's been a lot of new info lately too, mostly the US names for the new Pokemon.  I won't bother posting them all, but needless to say they're all pretty awful, especially the starters.  Piplup, Turtwig and Chimchar.  Other notable terrible names include "Bidoof", "Driftblim" and "Starly".

Seems like they hand a random brainstorming session and used whatever was thrown out first.  Thank god for nicknames.

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: February 25, 2007, 08:33:59 pm »
Piplup, Turtwig and Chimchar.
Hahahaha, wow. Those fake Pokemon in the bootleg games have better names than that.

Offline Paradox

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: February 26, 2007, 01:11:14 pm »
Well, we're getting closer to the US release now, dispite a lot of the problems it seems to have, I'm pretty excited.  There's been a lot of new info lately too, mostly the US names for the new Pokemon.  I won't bother posting them all, but needless to say they're all pretty awful, especially the starters.  Piplup, Turtwig and Chimchar.  Other notable terrible names include "Bidoof", "Driftblim" and "Starly".

Seems like they hand a random brainstorming session and used whatever was thrown out first.  Thank god for nicknames.
...and that's why I started naming them after Gold

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: February 26, 2007, 01:21:37 pm »
What happened to the people who came up with good names? Did they die?
Not a winner anymore.