Author Topic: A Comprehensive Pokémon Thread  (Read 342336 times)

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon: Diamond & Pearl
« Reply #570 on: January 14, 2007, 05:56:02 am »
HYAAAAAAAH! So seriously, Bastardman, you should really email that to Gamefreak, I mean, imagine how much that game would sell?
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: January 14, 2007, 08:28:58 am »
Don't forget the miniskirts.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
« Reply #572 on: January 14, 2007, 11:44:52 am »
I wish they would push some more originality into their games.

Eight Gyms.
Elite Four (Of which there are never actually four of.)
A caring mother
The starter town being named after a sort of sapling plant
The professor named after a tree
Legendary Pokemon
An evil team with tacky names.

And plenty more similarities.

It sells.

I'm pretty ok with doing the same thing over and over and over and over again. I played WoW end-game for nearly a year. I've fought the same damn dragon Onyxia every Wednesday since November '05 till I quit in August (1 to 2 hour raid). I did Molten Core every Wednesday, Friday, and Saterday for the same amount of time (anywhere between 4 to 6 hours a night). Zul'Gurub, Ahn'Qiraj, and BWL various times during the whole perioud (no less then 3 hours a night) on off night raid days. Not to mention all the smaller dungeons which could take a couple hours each various since I started the game in June '05.

Trust me. I'm used to seeing the same damn thing more times then anyone needs too...

But If I could, I'd go back to WoW in a heartbeat. And I guess that's how I feel about the pokemon games too.

Here's a VG Cats Comic.

HYAAAAAAAH! So seriously, Bastardman, you should really email that to Gamefreak, I mean, imagine how much that game would sell?

Hehe. I'd buy that.

Grand Theft Auto: Pokemon (or one of the area names. Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, or whatever that new one is called)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 11:49:09 am by Met »

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: January 14, 2007, 03:40:36 pm »
I was with Bastardman until the pistol whipping at the end I mean shooting Prof Bob fair enough you dont have pokemon yet and your not in the main game but after that eveything is settled with poke battles and having pokemon lay it down on dealers is great you battle them 1st and in stead of them running away like girls once you bea them you then get the opurtunity to decide do turn your own pokemon on trainer as well?

trainers that you send to the burns unit from flamethrower attacks or maybe cut them up with a razorleaf or my favorite a psycic attack that turns them into vegitables where they live out the rest of there lives locked in a padded room in the fetal postions repeting the words "I choose you zubat"

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
  • I am not spying on you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: January 14, 2007, 11:25:39 pm »
Ash would be one of the drugges on the street who sells his pokemon for pot. Except pikachu because he is Ash's lover.

You'll never know why.
<_< Ż\[ ◕O ◕]/Ż >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier

Offline HolsteinCow

• Vanguard Venturer
  • NOT A TROLL
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: January 21, 2007, 02:18:55 pm »

Eight Gyms.
A caring mother
Legendary Pokemon

Yeah, in the fifth generation, they should have it that the main character is a 16-year-old kid whose alcoholic single mother is having a clandestine affair with the local Pokemon authority, Professor Bob (I still think that there was something going on between Ash's Mom and Prof. Oak, but that's another story). Little does our hero know that Bob is actually a member of the Yakuza, who fill the Team Rocket position for this game, and that the entire Pokemon League is being run by them behind the scenes.

Eventually, you'll find out about Bob's involvement with both the Yakuza AND your mother, and you'll shoot him dead in a fit of self-righteous rage, right in front of your mother's eyes. In tears, she tells you to leave town before she calls the cops on you, and you steal a ball from Bob's Pokeball belt, containing one of the three starters (because some traditions must remain intact) and flee. Throughout the game, you'll be given the choice of taking bribes from Yakuza members to lose Pokemon battles, and as you progress through the league and become more of a threat you'll have to battle against Yakuza hitmen who use Pokemon other than Zubat, as well as the police who are trying to hunt you down for the murder of Professor Bob.

On arriving at the league, you'll actually have to battle OTHER qualifying trainers before the Elite 4, because somehow more than one person (!) managed to beat the gyms and qualify for the League this time. Oh, and there'll be spectators and news crews too. Basically, the Pokemon League will be more than just five big empty rooms at the end of a cave filled with stationary trainers whose only ambition is to stop you and piss you off without ever actually reaching the League themselves.

If and when you finally beat the Pokemon League, the game won't end, because your guy will realise that it's a hollow victory - the entire sport of Pokemon battling is corrupt, so to put an end to it, you join the Japanese police and attempt to hunt down the crime lords. During this post-game Gold-and-Silver's-Kanto-equivalent portion of the game, you pistol-whip pimps and drug dealers until you've finally worked your way up to the top of Japan's leading crime syndicate, AND BECOME A POKEMON MASTER.

Where's the part where you jack cars

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: January 22, 2007, 05:31:33 pm »
This part:

Yeah, in the fifth generation, they should have it that the main character is a 16-year-old kid whose alcoholic single mother is having a clandestine affair with the local Pokemon authority, Professor Bob (I still think that there was something going on between Ash's Mom and Prof. Oak, but that's another story). Little does our hero know that Bob is actually a member of the Yakuza, who fill the Team Rocket position for this game, and that the entire Pokemon League is being run by them behind the scenes.

Eventually, you'll find out about Bob's involvement with both the Yakuza AND your mother, and you'll shoot him dead in a fit of self-righteous rage, right in front of your mother's eyes. In tears, she tells you to leave town before she calls the cops on you, and you steal a ball from Bob's Pokeball belt, containing one of the three starters (because some traditions must remain intact) and flee. Throughout the game, you'll be given the choice of taking bribes from Yakuza members to lose Pokemon battles, and as you progress through the league and become more of a threat you'll have to battle against Yakuza hitmen who use Pokemon other than Zubat, as well as the police who are trying to hunt you down for the murder of Professor Bob.

On arriving at the league, you'll actually have to battle OTHER qualifying trainers before the Elite 4, because somehow more than one person (!) managed to beat the gyms and qualify for the League this time. Oh, and there'll be spectators and news crews too. Basically, the Pokemon League will be more than just five big empty rooms at the end of a cave filled with stationary trainers whose only ambition is to stop you and piss you off without ever actually reaching the League themselves.

If and when you finally beat the Pokemon League, the game won't end, because you'll whistle for a cab, and when it comes near. The license plate'll say fresh and it'll have dice in the mirror. If anything you could say can say this cab is rare, but you'll think 'Now forget it' and jack the cabbie, running him over as you drive off.

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
« Reply #577 on: January 23, 2007, 07:44:33 pm »
Talk about a thread killer.  :P

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: January 25, 2007, 11:45:27 am »
Sorry if this has been answered on one of the other 38 pages, but what's the difference going to be between diamond and pearl?

Thinking back, pokemon was a damn fine game once you strip away all the marketing and juvenile stuff.

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: January 25, 2007, 07:34:22 pm »
Same things that back red different than blue, gold different from silver and ruby different than sapphire.

Offline GameManic

• Dragster Diehard
  • I can't let you leave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: January 25, 2007, 07:51:07 pm »

Eight Gyms.
A caring mother
Legendary Pokemon

If and when you finally beat the Pokemon League, the game won't end, because your guy will realise that it's a hollow victory - the entire sport of Pokemon battling is corrupt, so to put an end to it, you join the Japanese police and attempt to hunt down the crime lords. During this post-game Gold-and-Silver's-Kanto-equivalent portion of the game, you pistol-whip pimps and drug dealers until you've finally worked your way up to the top of Japan's leading crime syndicate, AND BECOME A POKEMON MASTER.

This is the greates game pitch I have ever heard Bastardman.  I salute your great idea for redefining a series going into stagnation.  If only more people thought in this way we may not have to experience rehashes of the same gameplay with a different name and better graphics.  Its ideas like this that if Nintendo would go with, we would have many quality mature oriented games for all of us that can handle the gritty realties of the world could enjoy.
"Listen, I mean that from my knowledge of the world that I see around me, I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence."
-Richard Feynman

gec05

« Reply #581 on: January 26, 2007, 07:30:27 pm »
I looked around and stumbled on some MIDIs already made of the game. Some of them were battle themes titled with a "Team Galaxy" in the song name. Could this be the evil organization that plays Team Rockets part in this game?

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
« Reply #582 on: January 26, 2007, 08:11:37 pm »
Wow, Eligecos, your way behind on news.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: January 26, 2007, 09:19:33 pm »
I looked around and stumbled on some MIDIs already made of the game. Some of them were battle themes titled with a "Team Galaxy" in the song name. Could this be the evil organization that plays Team Rockets part in this game?

Wow you are behind granted I recently found this for for my self but seeing the game has been released in Japan for what like 3 so months now people have played and finsihed this game many times over there really isn't any news to release on this game.

gec05

« Reply #584 on: January 26, 2007, 10:48:42 pm »
Heh, I don't care much to read a 39+ page thread anyways. :P