Author Topic: A Comprehensive Pokémon Thread  (Read 341489 times)

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon: Diamond & Pearl
« Reply #450 on: October 13, 2006, 04:20:14 am »
Why not just wait for Pokémon on the Nintendo Holodeck, or until Nintendo finally purchases a planet and creates Pokéworld?
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Manna

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 15, 2006, 08:29:56 pm »
I can barely wait two months for the wii to come out...patience isn't my strong point. Plus I think I'd get my butt kicked for me on the pokeworld.
Dont look at me, I'm irrelevant!

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 16, 2006, 09:50:24 pm »
Just under a week until I face my cousin and hopefully find out who is the better trainer. Tensions are running high. :D

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 17, 2006, 07:50:21 am »
Just under a week until I face my cousin and hopefully find out who is the better trainer. Tensions are running high. :D
I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was (doo doo DOO!)
To catch them is my real test, to TRAIN THEM IS MY CAUUUUUUSE! ♪

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 17, 2006, 08:20:08 pm »
Unlike Ash my pokemon aren't poorly trained and filled with an assortment of deep emotion problems.

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: December 15, 2006, 11:35:18 pm »
And you don't throw them in the trashcan the second they evolve.

Offline Werechicken

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 16, 2006, 01:04:54 am »
or focus your entire stratagy on one pokemon
What have you got against intellectual midgets? They're quite smart little guys as far as i can tell.

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: December 16, 2006, 03:05:52 pm »
Or have giant tear drops appear on the side of your face. ^.^
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
« Reply #458 on: December 16, 2006, 03:42:52 pm »
Instead of reading through 31 pages of this thread, and because I can't find it online:

How many pokemon total in Pearl and Diamond? I know there is 107 new pokemon, but how many can be caught total?

They must have over 400 by now I think. And I'd like a big game.

I remember on my Blue version I got all 151. I was so proud. =)

Later Edit: Anyhow, all this talk about this game got me interested in a little research into how Pokemon has been doing since I lost touch with it. I came up across a "Banned Episodes" page on wikipedia about the series which is worth a read. It's rather entertaining.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banned_episodes_of_Pok%C3%A9mon
« Last Edit: December 16, 2006, 04:23:34 pm by Met »

Offline ArkServer

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
    • Blushyface.com
« Reply #459 on: December 17, 2006, 06:20:04 am »
Instead of reading through 31 pages of this thread, and because I can't find it online:

How many pokemon total in Pearl and Diamond? I know there is 107 new pokemon, but how many can be caught total?

They must have over 400 by now I think. And I'd like a big game.

I remember on my Blue version I got all 151. I was so proud. =)

Later Edit: Anyhow, all this talk about this game got me interested in a little research into how Pokemon has been doing since I lost touch with it. I came up across a "Banned Episodes" page on wikipedia about the series which is worth a read. It's rather entertaining.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banned_episodes_of_Pok%C3%A9mon

lol at the banned eps, some of them are funny

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: December 17, 2006, 10:33:35 am »
There are now 493 Pokemon.  I'm not sure why they keep going with the odd numbers.

And has anyone seen the new videos of Battle Revolution on the Wii?  I was pretty excited when the first showed the trailer, but unfortuantely that first one seemed to be completely CG.  The game itself looks no better than Colosseum and XD did on the Gamecube and they were sub-par even for the Gamecube, the attack animations are still boring and some of them just bizarre.  What's up with them quickly facing different directions when they use agility?  It looks very amateurish, I've seen Flash animations with more effort put into them.  And also, the battles themselves still seem very slow and disjointed - you see the Pokemon get hit, stagger backwards, get up again, and THEN they faint.

I don't mean to be a graphics whore, but I thought the whole point of these games were to make the battles look really impressive and fun to watch, but as it is they seem lower quality than what you get with the 2D games on the DS. 

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
« Reply #461 on: December 17, 2006, 11:22:04 am »
There are now 493 Pokemon.  I'm not sure why they keep going with the odd numbers.

Indeed. But are there 493 to catch in Diamond and Pearl?

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: December 17, 2006, 01:04:15 pm »
No, that's slightly more difficult to answer.  I'm not sure if anyone knows just how many are available yet.  You definetely still need the older games if you want to get some of the older Pokemon, but a good deal of them do appear in Diamond/Pearl, I think it's mainly just the starters and legendaries from the older games you can't get, along with a few of the exclusives.

But there's wi-fi now, so instead of having to go out and buy the older games, you can just find someone online willing to trade whatever you need.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: December 19, 2006, 07:36:50 pm »
Which is how I imagine most of us will get alot of pokemon I'll be willing to trade some ruby pokes for those who need them i recommend breeding those you can get throught trading just simply so you you can then trade those realy easy as well. high up on my list of pokemon to trade for will be a ditto purely for breeding purposes.

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: December 19, 2006, 07:51:36 pm »
And has anyone seen the new videos of Battle Revolution on the Wii?  I was pretty excited when the first showed the trailer, but unfortuantely that first one seemed to be completely CG.  The game itself looks no better than Colosseum and XD did on the Gamecube and they were sub-par even for the Gamecube, the attack animations are still boring and some of them just bizarre.  What's up with them quickly facing different directions when they use agility?  It looks very amateurish, I've seen Flash animations with more effort put into them.  And also, the battles themselves still seem very slow and disjointed - you see the Pokemon get hit, stagger backwards, get up again, and THEN they faint.
Yes! Thank you.

I made a post like this on Smogon and everyone was all "lawl what would YOU have them do for agility? do a bunch of cartwheels?!"

There seems to be no sign of attacks leaving lasting marks on the arena either. Oh, and they're STILL using Stadium's models for the first and second generation pokes.