Author Topic: A Comprehensive Pokémon Thread  (Read 341893 times)

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon: Diamond & Pearl
« Reply #405 on: October 05, 2006, 12:29:15 pm »
PSP is doomed. I agree /lurk.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 05, 2006, 12:43:09 pm »
It has been reported that you CAN'T transfer Pokemon from the US 3rd generation games to the Japanese Diamond/Pearl.

Take from that what you will.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 05, 2006, 02:43:52 pm »
Probably the same for UK version.

Oh, shucks, I'll just have to import it from America and get it before everyone else, then.

Edit: Although, Japanese versions of Pokémon never were compatable with US versions, but UK ones always are. Well, Advance Wars was enough confirmation for me, I'll definitely import.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 02:50:57 pm by /lurk »
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 05, 2006, 08:33:46 pm »
And I thought I was said and pathetic for still following the serious. ;) Not really.

But is it just me or is the Electabuzz evolution ugly as hell?

Besides that some of this game looks interesting, the only thing I see missing is a really good Dragon Type. There haven't been that many good Dragon types since Dragonite and Charizard (in my opinion), well except maybe Flygon but he looks like an Insect more then looking like a Dragon. They need another Dratini-type lineage in the game. Although I rarely used Dragonite for any battles, I almost always made sure I had one in my PokeBox.

http://www.filb.de/?option=news&aktion=komm&ID=460 and then look at the one named Bippa <-- Nintendo/Game Freak's attempt to replace the crappy Zigzagoon with an equally crappy Racoon based pokemon?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 08:35:51 pm by OpDDay2001 »
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline Fade2gray

• Scramble Skipper
  • ...or just go bald
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 05, 2006, 09:15:23 pm »
Sorry if this was already said recently, but I didn't feel like digging through the thread.
Any more word on what the US and Eurpean release dates will be?

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 05, 2006, 11:37:07 pm »

Besides that some of this game looks interesting, the only thing I see missing is a really good Dragon Type. There haven't been that many good Dragon types since Dragonite and Charizard (in my opinion), well except maybe Flygon but he looks like an Insect more then looking like a Dragon. They need another Dratini-type lineage in the game. Although I rarely used Dragonite for any battles, I almost always made sure I had one in my PokeBox.

Ok first of all Charizard is a Fire/flying type. Second whats wrong with Bagon-Shellgon-Salamance?

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 06, 2006, 12:34:26 am »
Don't forget Kingdra.

And they have a new Ground/Dragon in D/P, with the same stat total as Dragonite/Salamence.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 06, 2006, 03:23:05 am »
Yeah Kingdra's water type negates its weakness to ice if that doesn't make it kick arse I don't know what does.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 06, 2006, 04:19:43 am »
Kingdra's Dragon type negates its weaknesses to electric and grass-type attacks too.

Why the hell don't I have a Kingdra?

And Bippa looks like a beaver, not a racoon: it evolves into a normal/water type.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 06, 2006, 05:06:24 am »
It's only weakness is to other dragon attacks. Basically make sure you have Dragon claw on you. :)

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 06, 2006, 06:23:33 am »
And I thought I was said and pathetic for still following the serious. ;) Not really.

But is it just me or is the Electabuzz evolution ugly as hell?

http://www.filb.de/?option=news&aktion=komm&ID=460 and then look at the one named Bippa <-- Nintendo/Game Freak's attempt to replace the crappy Zigzagoon with an equally crappy Racoon based pokemon?

I really like Electabuzz' evolution, and most of the old Pokemons new evolutions, they've helped made a lot of the old crappy Pokemon really good.  Magmars evolution on the otherhand looks terrible, even if they've made him one of the best fire Pokemon in the game, why the hell did he turn in to a large fat man?

And in my opinion there are already plenty of Dragon types, if anything too many.  Kingdra and Altaria really don't look like Dragons at all, and only seemed to get the type for the sake of it.  Salamance and Flygon are really good though, and the new Shark/Dragon thing looks like it'll be pretty good.  Dragons are supposed to be rare, and extremely powerful, if they make too many, it just kind of ruins the whole thing.

What they really need is more fire types.   Diamond and Pearl only introduce three new ones.  The starter, a legendary, and Magmars evolution.  Yet they add in a good amount of new water and bug types to the already bloated list of those types.

Sorry if this was already said recently, but I didn't feel like digging through the thread.

No word yet, there's been rumours that the US release date will be November, but that seems extremely unlikely.
Probably around February/March next year for the US, and then December 2010 for Europe.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 06, 2006, 08:12:25 am »

No word yet, there's been rumours that the US release date will be November, but that seems extremely unlikely.
Probably around February/March next year for the US, and then December 3010 for Europe.

Fixed.

As for Bug types, well, they need to add lots of those, so that, perhaps, one day, they might make one that's good*. Fire types are usually prety decent, ever since Ninetales and Arcanine of the Red/Blue days.

*Yeah, yeah, Scyther, Heracross and Pinsir are desperate to prove me wrong, I know.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 06, 2006, 08:27:04 am »
I really like Electabuzz' evolution, and most of the old Pokemons new evolutions, they've helped made a lot of the old crappy Pokemon really good.  Magmars evolution on the otherhand looks terrible, even if they've made him one of the best fire Pokemon in the game, why the hell did he turn in to a large fat man?
I think it looks more like a giant baby.

Lickitung's evo, on the other hand...

Also, why the Hell do Rhydon and Magneton get evolutions?

They're completely unnecessary. I mean, Magneton and Rhydon were both already powerful. Now they're just powerful and ugly.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 06, 2006, 09:36:08 am »
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Fade2gray

• Scramble Skipper
  • ...or just go bald
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 06, 2006, 02:59:59 pm »
Maybe they're just trying to give Spore a run for its money? :P
Spore anounces that they've got a cool evolution game with spaceships so Pokemon responds by evolving one of their Pokemon INTO a spaceship. :D