Author Topic: A Comprehensive Pokémon Thread  (Read 341783 times)

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon: Diamond & Pearl
« Reply #360 on: September 26, 2006, 10:05:02 am »
So it's hit the fan now. Serebii has his hands on the game and is dissecting it right now.

Tons of new info:
http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml
and
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=152027

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 26, 2006, 10:21:43 am »
Woah, this one act from serebii almost entirely makes up for his past mistakes.  He even used spoiler tags, for a nice change.
The Penguin starter evolves into a Water/Steel type.  Very cool.   ;D

A little disapointed that the fire one is another fire/fighting though.

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 26, 2006, 10:30:54 am »
A little disapointed that the fire one is another fire/fighting though.
Yeah.. But the fact that it learns Slack Off (and Taunt) means that it's hardly going to be an inferior Blaziken.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 26, 2006, 10:46:24 am »

That pwns so much.  :D

Offline Global Nexus

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 26, 2006, 12:04:41 pm »
Naetle's final evo is not disappointing. <3 Grass/Ground, and it's an anklyotortoise!  And it has an ecosystem growing on its back.  Whoooo...the penguin's final is pure awesome, too.  Water/Steel.  Hikozaru...eh, it got the shaft, but it's not BAD.  Really disappointed that it's also a Fire/Fighting...though I suppose this means the anime will now have to have a battle between Hikozaru's final form and Blaziken.

They'd better, anyway.  That alone could get me to watch, if only for one episode.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 26, 2006, 01:05:36 pm »
I take back what I said about Serebii.  It's great that he's putting up all this information, but he's still acting like a jealous prick whenever anyone else puts up information that he doesn't have.  It would be far easier to respect this guys site, if he wasn't such a tool.

"Wah, wah, I haven't gotten that far in the game yet, that site must have made it up!!1"

He's actually going around other Pokemon sites forums, whining like this.    ::)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 01:07:53 pm by WinterSnowblind »

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 26, 2006, 01:54:29 pm »
Menu sprites of every new Pokemon.

(Website is hideously slow, though...  :-\)

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 26, 2006, 10:09:08 pm »
Hmm water/steel that would make it neutral to fire attacks. Also Grass/ground would make it neutral to water attacks.

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 27, 2006, 06:08:44 am »
I take back what I said about Serebii.  It's great that he's putting up all this information, but he's still acting like a jealous prick whenever anyone else puts up information that he doesn't have.  It would be far easier to respect this guys site, if he wasn't such a tool.

"Wah, wah, I haven't gotten that far in the game yet, that site must have made it up!!1"

He's actually going around other Pokemon sites forums, whining like this.    ::)
Hahaha
Quote from: Serebii
Gonna be starting back on with this later this morning. Unfortunately I do have University so that will stop me doing too much this morning

I do have to have a rant though;

I am far from amused about the sites that are using the screenshots that I captured from my game without credit *coughPokeJungle&TPcough* not ot mention those crediting a certain other site for information they blatently got off here. (e.g. Huge thanks to _____ when the info came directly from us)

I'm all for the free sharing of information, but credit where credit is due, especially in regards to pictures. Jeez

And then, theres the people on other forums insulting me because I am not at a certain part because there are others rushing ahead. Seriously get over yourselves. I am one man, with Coronis it's two and we work semi-together, but what you fail to realise is, the game isnt quick short routes between each town like RBYGSCRSE, its actually really really big. I'm providing in depth stuff here, not just "ZOMG I just battled Lucario rofflecopter"

But I digress

Got some bad news though, my mum has to take the camera today so I may not be able to get some good shots (Lets see you gits have pictures now). Going to try with my phone but it could be a bit blurry, will prolly redo the shots thursday.

Oh, just entered the town with the 3rd gym. Gonna do some training and then have a go at it, will keep you aprised but as I said, I do have University this morning
Pokemon: Serious Business!

Offline lolasan

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Poor Martian Bish
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 27, 2006, 07:32:12 am »
I know BM, I noticed that too. I'm also surprised to find him in university and whining like that.

Then again, a lot of us first-geners are in it now.
And with this post, I've opened yet another can of worms.

Friend: I propose a knife fight to decide

Me: But you're the only one of us who carries a knife.

Friend: Correction, four.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 27, 2006, 01:22:39 pm »
He is a super-nerd... Although playing pokemon in Japanese is enough to make you a super-nerd...

What could be nerdier than a super-nerd?  Ultranerd? Or has he gone all the way around and become stupid?

Also: OMGWTF Poison/fighting frog. Awesome. This might be the first time that I pick the Grass starter, since everyone is going to go for the damn penguin.

And ol' Ankylotortoise is going to learn earthquake.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 27, 2006, 01:32:37 pm »
He is a super-nerd... Although playing pokemon in Japanese is enough to make you a super-nerd...

What could be nerdier than a super-nerd?  Ultranerd? Or has he gone all the way around and become stupid?

Also: OMGWTF Poison/fighting frog. Awesome. This might be the first time that I pick the Grass starter, since everyone is going to go for the damn penguin.

And ol' Ankylotortoise is going to learn earthquake.
Apparently there's some ridiculously broken, uber-legendary Normal type with 120 base stats across the board...

Scary.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 27, 2006, 02:21:14 pm »
Very scary indeed.  This is the first time we'll be able to play Pokemon online, battling against other people, and for some reason they decide to throw in a super-uber Pokemon, with insane stats, and make it a normal type, so it can learn every single move?  What exactly are they thinking?  This thing just screams "broken".

In other news.  Don't you just love Lucario's pre-evo?  I'm so glad he's not a legendary.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 27, 2006, 03:44:34 pm »
Doesn't Mew have 100 stats all across the board, and can learn every single move?

And is it odd that that uberlegend sprite reminds me of Absol?

We'll probably get "No legends" options for online battles, so it'll turn out okay.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 27, 2006, 09:19:01 pm »
I'm sure there will be more no legends options in any case it just makes fighting types even better. Train the attack stats like crazy and go to town.

In other news been having fun in battle tower in Ruby although I have the worst luck sometimes. Ludico and swampert also cause me trouble as i don't have anything thats super effective and they have good stats. that evolved Wiscash (what ever its called) which has same elements of Swampert is the same but the stats aren't as good so not too bad. Everything else I come up agaisnt hasn't caused too much trouble thank god for toxic it saved my arse so many times with hard to put down pokes.

If anyone has a better stratergy than sending in medicham toxic then clam mind then psycic would be a help as i don't always have enough time to do all that.