Author Topic: A Comprehensive Pokémon Thread  (Read 342215 times)

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon: Diamond & Pearl
« Reply #270 on: August 08, 2006, 07:38:14 pm »
I don't want to get on the bd side of a Garydos. But the G/S starters really didn't look at interesting I have to admit. then again only Blaziken wa the only really super badass one from R/S Swampert wasn't too bad and septile looked dumb (plus generalyl sucked).

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 08, 2006, 07:42:18 pm »
I don't want to get on the bd side of a Garydos. But the G/S starters really didn't look at interesting I have to admit. then again only Blaziken wa the only really super badass one from R/S Swampert wasn't too bad and septile looked dumb (plus generalyl sucked).
No way! Sceptile wins for being one of the only fast Grass types in the game.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 08, 2006, 08:56:02 pm »
Yeah but grass type suck in generaly and Spetile never learns that many good moves.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 09, 2006, 06:39:39 am »
Yeah but grass type suck in generaly and Sceptile never learns that many good moves.
Leaf Blade

Although Grass-types are sort of screwed for powerful attack moves. Solarbeam? Fire-types can use it better, what with Sunny Day and all.

Come to think of it, Poison may be a lot less gypped than Grass: at least it gets Toxic and a powerful Sludge Bomb. And it only has two weaknesses (or one, is it's Koffing)
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 09, 2006, 08:59:10 pm »
Poison is weak agaisnt Psycic and Bug's and with Psycic being taken down a peg and the addition of Sludge bomb Grass is now the crappest type.

Plus leaf blade isn't all that hot It's not bad but not great. Giga drain is the closest thing to a good move and it only has a base of 5PP even if you use a ton of PP ups it only gets like maybe 7PP. Razor leaf is the only truely good grass attack.

Although at least now grass poison types are decent if you throw in th sludge bomb as you can use that as a mojor attack plus toxic and just have a bunch of secondary attacks.

I have a Breloom in my current party i almost ignore it's grass side i have an electrode to take care of water types and Swampert takes out rock and ground in any case fighting beats rock as well so it's all good.

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 10, 2006, 07:30:08 am »
Poison is weak agaisnt Psycic and Bug's and with Psycic being taken down a peg and the addition of Sludge bomb Grass is now the crappest type.
Poison is weak against Psychic and Ground, not Bug, and Grass is not the crappest type, that honour goes to Ice. Four weaknesses, and no resistances apart from itself. The fact that practically everything in the game can learn Ice Beam and/or Blizzard doesn't exactly help them much, either.

Plus leaf blade isn't all that hot It's not bad but not great. Giga drain is the closest thing to a good move and it only has a base of 5PP even if you use a ton of PP ups it only gets like maybe 7PP. Razor leaf is the only truely good grass attack.
Er.. Razor Leaf is exactly the same attack as Leaf Blade, only weaker and less accurate...  :-\

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 10, 2006, 09:25:58 am »
So now we know what the worst type is, how about the best?

I say - Fighting! It's really pulled a Rocky since the days of Red and Blue. Now it pushes Psychic around like a big man!

And with Elementpunch going physical, it can exploit the weaknesses of anything that dares to take it on!
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 10, 2006, 05:07:35 pm »

Poison is weak against Psychic and Ground, not Bug, and Grass is not the crappest type, that honour goes to Ice. Four weaknesses, and no resistances apart from itself. The fact that practically everything in the game can learn Ice Beam and/or Blizzard doesn't exactly help them much, either.

The explain why my Beedrills Pin Missile attack is super effective agaisnt all manner of Poison pokemon.

Offline Glacies

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 10, 2006, 05:28:57 pm »
You raised a beedrill?  ::)

Offline Global Nexus

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 10, 2006, 05:34:48 pm »

The explain why my Beedrills Pin Missile attack is super effective agaisnt all manner of Poison pokemon.

You're still playing the original Red and Blue, in which Poison was strong on the attack against Bug and vice versa.  It was changed to the way it currently is in Gold and Silver.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 10, 2006, 05:43:41 pm »
Ah that explains it i never played G/S and i haven't been using Bugs that much in R/S to know that.

Offline Oberic

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 10, 2006, 06:16:06 pm »
Giga drain is the closest thing to a good move and it only has a base of 5PP even if you use a ton of PP ups it only gets like maybe 7PP.
8PP at max. [/nitpick]

the system is 3 more pp per base 5pp after using 3 pp ups or a ppmax

5=8
10=16
15=24

etc.

Offline Glacies

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 11, 2006, 01:57:37 pm »
Giga drain is the closest thing to a good move and it only has a base of 5PP even if you use a ton of PP ups it only gets like maybe 7PP.
8PP at max. [/nitpick]

the system is 3 more pp per base 5pp after using 3 pp ups or a ppmax

5=8
10=16
15=24

etc.

Nice find! Giga drain pales in comparison to leafblade. I've used both in PVP.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 11, 2006, 11:25:01 pm »
You raised a beedrill?  ::)

Yeah I was trying to see if it was worth putting in agaisnt Pyscic pokemon but I found its duel as a Poison Pokemon ment it got KO'd if you couldn't take the opponent down 1st move so sucks to that.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 12, 2006, 02:32:11 pm »
Bug pokemon are invariably feeble, save the following:

Sycther
Scizor
Pinsir
Heracross
Ninjask

I would say Shedinja, but there are far to many ways to kill it.

Incidently, Oberic, Magic player?
Not a winner anymore.