Author Topic: A Comprehensive Pokémon Thread  (Read 341377 times)

TheNecromonicon

Re: Pokémon: Diamond & Pearl
« Reply #195 on: July 27, 2006, 10:17:12 am »
I once had a Raticate that could kill my friends Mewtwo. Needless to say his Mewtwo sucked lol

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 28, 2006, 09:50:47 am »
Besides Diamond and Pearl, what's the newest?
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline vonboy

• Centipede Crackerjack
  • the tiniest evil thing known to man and willosaurs
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 28, 2006, 09:59:40 am »
pokemon dungeon or whatever is the newest one i think, but it's just a spinoff. if ur talking about the classic pokemon rpg's then emerald is the latest (released like last year i think)
Quote from: ilikedirt
your spores are wack

Fatal Error: You're creature is crap. You're computer will now explode.

check out my sporepedia page!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/vonboy

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 28, 2006, 10:01:03 am »
What about the FireRed and LeafGreen stuff? Are those newer?
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 28, 2006, 10:16:46 am »
Fire Red and Leaf Green are remakes of the original Red and Blue.  They were actually released before Emerald, but have better graphics, menu's and a few other things.  If you want to get back into Pokemon, they're really the games to get.  The nostalgia is great, but it's all updated with better graphics, and things brought into it in later games, such as abilities and holding items, etc.  There's even a new set of Islands you get to travel to after you beat the Elite Four, where you can catch a lot of the Pokemon that were available in Gold and Silver.

Fire Red/Leaf Green are great to play, where as Emerald feels like a cheap update of Ruby and Sapphire with bad animations added in and a few features slapped on at the end.

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 29, 2006, 05:28:04 pm »
Fire Red and Leaf Green are remakes of the original Red and Blue.  They were actually released before Emerald, but have better graphics, menu's and a few other things.  If you want to get back into Pokemon, they're really the games to get.  The nostalgia is great, but it's all updated with better graphics, and things brought into it in later games, such as abilities and holding items, etc.  There's even a new set of Islands you get to travel to after you beat the Elite Four, where you can catch a lot of the Pokemon that were available in Gold and Silver.

Fire Red/Leaf Green are great to play, where as Emerald feels like a cheap update of Ruby and Sapphire with bad animations added in and a few features slapped on at the end.
But weren't Yellow/Crystal the same thing?

I wonder what the Diamond/Pearl equivalent cash-in will be called... They're starting to run out of things to name them after.

Offline Genesis

• Elevator Action Operator
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 29, 2006, 05:55:46 pm »
Adamantine, hopefully. And no they aren't, there are still tons of names to give them.

What will you do?

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 30, 2006, 12:24:17 am »

But weren't Yellow/Crystal the same thing?

I wonder what the Diamond/Pearl equivalent cash-in will be called... They're starting to run out of things to name them after.

They basically were, but they had more worthwhile features.  Yellow was vastly different, including a lot of elements from the anime.  The little Pikachu following you wass awesome.  Guess it didn't appeal to everyone.  And Crystal had really nice animations, and a more indepth story about Suicune.

Emerald really doesn't add anything of value, unless you're a hardcore trainer.  It's animations are just done by sprite morphing, which looks really ugly.  Most of the Pokemon just jump up and down and shake their heads.  Almost everything else it added is for EV training.  The Battle Frontier is supposed to be their for a "real" challenge, but it's completely ruined by the fact the computer very obviously cheats - always sending out a Pokemon that's super effective against yours, their teams are created based on your weaknesses, and they often use attacks that aren't just super effective against yours, but super effective on the Pokemon you're just about to switch in..  hmm..

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 30, 2006, 12:36:25 am »
That sounds interesting in a way so does it work like you say have Swampert the game will send out a plant Pokemon just to be sure. Also is the opponents team decided before the battle starts or is the next pokemon to be sent out determined based on how the battle is going?

Offline Glacies

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 30, 2006, 04:22:31 pm »
The battle frontier cheats? :o It never did that with me, and I got all the symbols.

Something weird is happening to my old fire red cartridge. I guess the hex values are busted, cause only female pokemon appear. I've never touched the thing with any sort of cheating device, so whats up?  :P Plus I really was hoping the magikarp would be male (the one you get from the fishy-lookin' guy in the pokecenter outside mt moon.) For breeding. Unfortunatly, It is female, and thus useless in terms of breeding.  >:( This happened to anyone else?!

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 30, 2006, 05:02:18 pm »
The battle frontier cheats? :o It never did that with me, and I got all the symbols.

Something weird is happening to my old fire red cartridge. I guess the hex values are busted, cause only female pokemon appear. I've never touched the thing with any sort of cheating device, so whats up?  :P Plus I really was hoping the magikarp would be male (the one you get from the fishy-lookin' guy in the pokecenter outside mt moon.) For breeding. Unfortunatly, It is female, and thus useless in terms of breeding.  >:( This happened to anyone else?!
Useless?  ???
But don't males only pass on their moves? And doesn't Magikarp only know Splash and Tackle? :-\

Offline Glacies

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 30, 2006, 05:47:25 pm »
You think I'd breed it right after I got it?  ::) plus, magikarp eventually learns flail.  :P And magikarp can't inherit moves.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 31, 2006, 01:12:28 pm »
Why would anyone possibly want to breed Magicarp?
Not a winner anymore.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 01, 2006, 12:13:28 am »
Why couldn't they just have kept it simple, instead of making hundreds of new games and cards. I had the ambition to collect all the cards and play through all the games, but I gave up years ago :/

Ignore the card game, the spin-of games, the really bad anime, and the other annoying parts of the franchise.  Just stick with the main RPG's and you'll be fine, they're only released every four years or so, not counting the the updated third versions, or Fire Red/Leaf Green, which were remake.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 01, 2006, 04:47:34 am »
Why would anyone possibly want to breed Magicarp?

Because Garydos (sp?) owns