Author Topic: A Comprehensive Pokémon Thread  (Read 341911 times)

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon: Diamond & Pearl
« Reply #180 on: July 20, 2006, 11:51:56 am »
No, what you had to do was get cut, then get yourself killed by one of the trainers on board. The trigger for the ship to leave was you going out via the exit.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

werechicken

« Reply #181 on: July 20, 2006, 11:52:58 am »
The only decent moves pincir had were...uh. Nothing really. Vicegrip. Woop!
Seismic Toss, Guillotine, and Slash and Sword Dance...

Scyther had two of those in addition to being one of the fastest pokemon in the game and lets not forget fury cutter that move is lethal also it evolve into Scizor which is one hell of a kick ass pokemon( it's only weakness is fire, everything else it has a decent level of resistance too)

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 20, 2006, 12:05:06 pm »
No, what you had to do was get cut, then get yourself killed by one of the trainers on board. The trigger for the ship to leave was you going out via the exit.

Hmm.. I must investigate this again...

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 21, 2006, 03:32:30 am »
Man I havent played Blue in ages I never got all the pokemon as I never had anyone to trade with but I think I got all the pokemon on the blue version save for one or 2 that needed to be evolved I got Poke Stadium on 64 which got me the Eevee's the other fighting poke and the other starters though.

Also my typical team from poke blue was
Blastoise
Zapdos
Rhydon
Ninetales
Mewtwo (although Kadabra would be a stand in if Mewtwo wasn't aloud in battle)
Victereebell (sp?)

Also playing Poke Ruby on the train to work this morning my Poke's caught the Poke-rus w00t uber Ev gains for me.

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 21, 2006, 07:05:43 am »
I found this chart. Is it something that everyone already knew, or have I made a breakthrough?

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 21, 2006, 08:00:12 am »
The only decent moves pincir had were...uh. Nothing really. Vicegrip. Woop!
Seismic Toss, Guillotine, and Slash and Sword Dance...

Scyther had two of those in addition to being one of the fastest pokemon in the game and lets not forget fury cutter that move is lethal also it evolve into Scizor which is one hell of a kick ass pokemon( it's only weakness is fire, everything else it has a decent level of resistance too)
I won't argue that Scizor kicks ass, but there was no Scizor or fury cutter in Red and Blue.
I found this chart. Is it something that everyone already knew, or have I made a breakthrough?
No, that's for Ruby/Sapphire, not Diamond/Pearl.

Offline Glacies

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 26, 2006, 09:18:38 pm »
So, what dya think think the starters will be? I'm thinking a fighting/dark fox-likethingy.

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #187 on: July 26, 2006, 09:21:43 pm »
I vote we get a critter that eventually evolves into something like my avatar/RP/Spore species the Necromonicon.

Offline Glacies

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 26, 2006, 09:25:06 pm »
I thiink nintendo may still be open to suggestions.  ;D But I doubt it.

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
  • I am not spying on you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 26, 2006, 11:23:14 pm »
Hey I just realized that the Dorapion looks like the Gligar in gold and silver also korobooshi looks like illumise and volbeat in ruby and sapphire also Diaruga looks like suicune and Parukia looks like a Lugia crossed breeded with a Dragonite
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 02:09:14 am by Grazony »

You'll never know why.
<_< Ż\[ ◕O ◕]/Ż >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier

Offline Oberic

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 27, 2006, 01:08:37 am »
firstly ralts-kirlia-gardevoir, bagon-shelgon-salamance, and chimecho should not be in the legendary part of that thing. secondly:

YAY!! I finally figured out Attack and SP.attack!! yay, ok for anyone who wants to know, attack only seems to work for fighting and normal, the other 12 elements seem to use SP.attack, and they are NOT so similar as i thought, most pokémon get atleast 1 or 2 normal attacks, and normal is only weak against rock and steel...

also, normal pokémon seem to not be as popular, 2 cents: they only take super damage from fighting (the other attack stat element ;))!.. well as far as I remember..

... wait a minute....... doesn't earthquake get stronger with higher attack..?? is ground an attack stat element?.... ok.. I just realised that I could be wrong, anyone else care to explain it? (if I'm wrong that is..)

EDIT:   
Attack represents the strenght of a Pokémon when using physical attacks (Normal, Fighting, Poison, Ground, Rock, Bug, Flying, Ghost, Steel) while Special Attack is the same but for special attacks (Psychic, Water, Fire, Ice, Grass, Electric, Dragon, Dark).

found this on some site. I...  :'(  I was wrong!! NO!!!! well this is awesome.. ok dragon is special.. .. ok... remember! ARGH!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 01:23:20 am by Oberic »

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 27, 2006, 05:35:21 am »
its like this

Attack is:

Normal, Fighting, Flying, Steel, Rock, Ground, Ghost, Bug, Poison.

Sp Attack is:

Fire, Water, Grass, Electric. Psycic, Dark, Dragon, Ice

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 27, 2006, 08:38:55 am »
me neither, and If I want a ridiculosly strong pokemon relative to it's lvl I'll just get a very low lvl jiggylypuff use a moonstone on it as soon as it learns sing and then teach it a bunch of tm's by the time it's lvl30 it can take on a normally evolved pokemon of around lvl 40

I go away on holiday and this is the lack of Pokeknowledge that awaits me on my return?

Evolving a pokemon early does not make it stronger

Repeat:

Evolving a pokemon early does not make it stronger

Preventing a pokemon from evolving to learn moves will not make it weaker in the long run. Evolving your Jigglypuff early won't make a difference, so it's best to wait until it's learned any natural moves that you want it to know before evolving it.

Besides, if you want a very strong pokemon, Wigglytuff isn't for you. If you want a sleep attack, try to get a pokemon that knows Spore - 100% accuracy against Sing/Hypnosis' 55%, but it's a rarer move.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Genesis

• Elevator Action Operator
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 27, 2006, 09:17:46 am »
Actually evloving it early does make it weaker, but with the ev's it becomes insignificant.

What will you do?

Offline Glacies

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 27, 2006, 10:08:34 am »

me neither, and If I want a ridiculosly strong pokemon relative to it's lvl I'll just get a very low lvl jiggylypuff use a moonstone on it as soon as it learns sing and then teach it a bunch of tm's by the time it's lvl30 it can take on a normally evolved pokemon of around lvl 40

Plus, I can take a level forty with my level twenty five! Especially in double battles.