Author Topic: A Comprehensive Pokémon Thread  (Read 341795 times)

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon: Diamond & Pearl
« Reply #165 on: July 19, 2006, 03:18:11 am »
Yeah finished Poke Ruby for the 3rd time today (by finished I mean beat the Elite 4) now I can consentrate on Battle tower.

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #166 on: July 20, 2006, 12:28:43 am »
It's amazing they're still making pokemon, and people still play it (in secret) lol. I remember my blue version, pwning all challengers with my lvl 100 Mewtwo, Jolteon, Articuno, Charizard, Blastoise, and Parasect (ya, thats right, PARASECT with SLEEP SPORE). lol

I think I may get back into Pkmn cause honestly, I really miss the little guys :(

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 20, 2006, 01:57:24 am »
I dont see whats so funny. I think pretty much everyone had a parasect in the original pokemon... it was one of the best.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Paradox

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 20, 2006, 03:57:52 am »
As big of a fan as I am for the series, I never get hyped up for the games before their release but I know it's still inevitable that I'll easily put in a few hundred hours raising at least 6 more Lv 100's. I just know it's going to screw up my A-Levels.

werechicken

« Reply #169 on: July 20, 2006, 03:59:21 am »
I dont see whats so funny. I think pretty much everyone had a parasect in the original pokemon... it was one of the best.
What Scither was the cooledt and the best. I mean come on he could do a regular attack before most creatures could do a quick attack

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 20, 2006, 04:23:19 am »
I had blue version... all I could get was crappy Pinsir... did anyone actually suceed in catching a kangaskhan at the safari zone? i think I managed to in the end, and I did it without resorting to the missingno exploit

werechicken

« Reply #171 on: July 20, 2006, 05:34:08 am »
I never really tried, it was just too fustrating

Offline Genesis

• Elevator Action Operator
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 20, 2006, 07:32:12 am »
Yes, I got one, or 4, I can't remeber how many. No more than 4 I think. As for my team no I didn't have Parasect.
Lvl. 100 all
Mewtwo
Articuno
Zapdos
Dragonite
Nidoqueen
Raticate
This takes me back to the time that I was being challenged by this "Master" of the game. During the match, I noticed a certain trend he was doing. It eventually came to our mewtwo's (Early on) in combat. Guess which move he uses? Go on guess. Don't know? Think you know? Well, you are almost certainly wrong no matter what, he used Hyper Beam! Against a mewtwo! I attack and use the off turn to recover. Then, he tries it again!!!  (The trend was that he used Hyper beam more than all other moves combined.) I won with ease, though I was pretty upset that everyone still thought he was far superior to me despite watching the thrashing personally. I had two rematches with him and he did a little better, somewhere along the line learning not to lean on Hyper beam so much, but I still won with ease. (He also had all Lvl. 100's) And everyone still says he is better. That was about 5-7 years ago though, another thing is I guided him though the maze to find that mewtwo and he said that he did it 100% by himself to everyone after. I'm not mad, after the second match and even the first time I found their ignorance amusing. Holy **** I typed a lot. Better shut up now.

What will you do?

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 20, 2006, 08:10:43 am »
But the mewtwo maze is pretty easy. Youd have to be some sort of foolish person to not get it eventually.

Having said that, the first time playing the game I didnt realise you could, and were in fact meant to catch the legendaries and mewtwo... my 11 year old brain just thought they were pretty weak bosses. Well, needless to say I restarted the game and caught them (although not all of them   :'()

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 20, 2006, 11:06:32 am »
Yes, I got one, or 4, I can't remeber how many. No more than 4 I think. As for my team no I didn't have Parasect.
Lvl. 100 all
Mewtwo
Articuno
Zapdos
Dragonite
Nidoqueen
Raticate
This takes me back to the time that I was being challenged by this "Master" of the game. During the match, I noticed a certain trend he was doing. It eventually came to our mewtwo's (Early on) in combat. Guess which move he uses? Go on guess. Don't know? Think you know? Well, you are almost certainly wrong no matter what, he used Hyper Beam! Against a mewtwo! I attack and use the off turn to recover. Then, he tries it again!!!  (The trend was that he used Hyper beam more than all other moves combined.) I won with ease, though I was pretty upset that everyone still thought he was far superior to me despite watching the thrashing personally. I had two rematches with him and he did a little better, somewhere along the line learning not to lean on Hyper beam so much, but I still won with ease. (He also had all Lvl. 100's) And everyone still says he is better. That was about 5-7 years ago though, another thing is I guided him though the maze to find that mewtwo and he said that he did it 100% by himself to everyone after. I'm not mad, after the second match and even the first time I found their ignorance amusing. Holy **** I typed a lot. Better shut up now.
Raticate? Weak... Powerful weak...  :-\

Heh, that takes me back to this time I beat this guy by using my Mew to transform into his Metwo and hitting it with five Flashes in a row. Good times...

I had blue version... all I could get was crappy Pinsir... did anyone actually suceed in catching a kangaskhan at the safari zone?
Yeah. You get used to the Safari Zone after a while.

Oh, and Pinsir > Scyther.
The only decent moves Scyther had were Slash and Sword Dance.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 20, 2006, 11:10:13 am »
The only decent moves pincir had were...uh. Nothing really. Vicegrip. Woop!

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 20, 2006, 11:16:36 am »
I caught all 151 pokemon on blue, plus the various trading I had to do :) Yes, I as the pokemon uber-master. I kind of got dissapointed when I went to this one guy in a mansion and all he gave me was a stupid diploma for capturing all of them.

I had blue version... all I could get was crappy Pinsir... did anyone actually suceed in catching a kangaskhan at the safari zone? i think I managed to in the end, and I did it without resorting to the missingno exploit

Forget Khangeskhan, Taurus took forever to get.

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 20, 2006, 11:30:22 am »
The only decent moves pincir had were...uh. Nothing really. Vicegrip. Woop!
Seismic Toss, Guillotine, and Slash and Sword Dance...

I caught all 151 pokemon on blue, plus the various trading I had to do :) Yes, I as the pokemon uber-master. I kind of got dissapointed when I went to this one guy in a mansion and all he gave me was a stupid diploma for capturing all of them.
Did anyone else find that van near Vermillion where Mew could supposedly be caught? I felt more cheated by that than by the diploma...

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 20, 2006, 11:49:03 am »
yeah, what the hell was the point of the van?

You had to make some very unintuitive decisions (get intentionally killed) to get there and it didnt do anything. The diploma sucked though. In japan they got Mew  :(

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 20, 2006, 11:49:49 am »
Yea, I heard you couldn't get cut from the ship, so you had to have some guy trade it to you. I tried doing this, but no one played pokemon anymore. At least with diamond and pearl we can trade over wi-fi. I got my own mew from a friend who had gameshark.