Author Topic: A Comprehensive Pokémon Thread  (Read 342128 times)

Offline Genesis

• Elevator Action Operator
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon: Diamond & Pearl
« Reply #135 on: July 14, 2006, 12:24:08 pm »
Why not aside from the fact that the xp gain wouldn't be of any use to you whats wrong with bringing out the 100s?
My point exactly.

What will you do?

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 14, 2006, 05:09:06 pm »
lol I use the elite four to raise the levels of any new pokemon I catch, you can go up about twenty lvls with exp. share
Its the smart way to do it. It also allows you to raise the levels of your already very high pokes without being frustrated at the slow speed at which they gain XP (because youll be concetrating more on the newbie youre training)
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Glacies

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 14, 2006, 08:12:31 pm »
Guys, what about the Ev's? D'ya bother with em'?

Offline Genesis

• Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 14, 2006, 08:23:56 pm »
Ev? I sorry I don't get it.
Unless you mean evolving. In that case, I might have to drop-kick you.

What will you do?

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 14, 2006, 10:27:19 pm »
Why not aside from the fact that the xp gain wouldn't be of any use to you whats wrong with bringing out the 100s?
My point exactly.

So there really isn't a downside to fighting with lvl 100s just there no good side hardly a reason to Never use lvl 100s.

Offline Genesis

• Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 14, 2006, 10:34:37 pm »
Its a waste of time, thats the downside, I fight with them enough getting them there. Also thats XP you could be giving to other creatures of yours.

What will you do?

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 14, 2006, 10:40:12 pm »
Wha you can't enjoy fighting with your favorite Pokemon?

Offline Glacies

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 14, 2006, 10:55:55 pm »
« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 10:58:46 pm by Glacies »

Offline Genesis

• Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 14, 2006, 11:07:28 pm »
That sounds like complete bull, if that was true then why didnt I ever gain + 8 in a single stat ever?

What will you do?

Offline Glacies

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 14, 2006, 11:09:43 pm »
Because you didnt lvl on nothing but spinda.  ;D Iys worked for me. My kyogre is gooood! 390 sp atk.

Correction: 427
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 04:44:56 pm by Glacies »

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 14, 2006, 11:27:33 pm »
Effort Values are true you the best way to test it out take a pokemon put the Macho Brace on it and do some training in the whismer cave. Whismer's give HP Ev's and the Macho Brace doubles the amount of EV's you get from a battle when you level up you will see you have a huge boost to your Health.I can't rememeber allt he good places for training certain stats. Although if I rememeber correct fighting Numels just outside the Firey path is real good for Special Attack.

Also put exp share on another Pokemon on both pokemon recieve the bonus from the Ev as unlike exp points Ev's aren't split up.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 15, 2006, 12:31:24 am »
They need to change the stat system badly.  The EV's are completely broken.  They weren't a bad idea, but now that everybody knows about them and how they work it gives some people a massive advantage.  These stats are supposed to be hidden for a reason.  Frankly, the series was a lot better back in the Red/Blue days with none of this EV crap and people just played and battled for fun.  Me and my friends that play never train our Pokemon beyond level 50.  Training them any higher just takes too much time, and that's a nice round level for battling.

In better news, Electabuzz has an evolution.
http://www.pokebeach.com/news/0706/dp.shtml

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 15, 2006, 12:45:40 am »
Actully if you ask me Ev's add an extra level to training it puts stratergy into it and allows for deeper battle straterfy do you want something that hits hard with the 1st attack or maybe something with staying power that will take a ton of damage? Do you want to just increase the the strengths of a pokemon or work on its weakness's to make it more well rounded.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 15, 2006, 01:48:20 am »
If you ask me EVs are counterintuitive. Surely it should depend onwhat your pokemon's actions are. For example, if they take a lot of damamge then they should have larger defense and HP gains, if they dole out lots of damage, they should gain attack/sp. attack. I dont see whay only attacking spindas would cause your poke to become a mighty attacker. It makes no sense. Also, you can just use vitamins. Since EV are capped and by the time youre doing things like this money wont be an issue, theres no point in attacking whismurs 'till your thumbs bleed
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Genesis

• Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 15, 2006, 02:01:02 am »
If you ask me EVs are counterintuitive. Surely it should depend onwhat your pokemon's actions are. For example, if they take a lot of damamge then they should have larger defense and HP gains, if they dole out lots of damage, they should gain attack/sp. attack. I dont see whay only attacking spindas would cause your poke to become a mighty attacker. It makes no sense. Also, you can just use vitamins. Since EV are capped and by the time youre doing things like this money wont be an issue, theres no point in attacking whismurs 'till your thumbs bleed
You know thats kind of what I thought when I saw the EV thing.

What will you do?