Author Topic: A Comprehensive Pokémon Thread  (Read 341499 times)

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon: Diamond & Pearl
« Reply #90 on: June 30, 2006, 04:07:01 am »
Karate chop is better against rock type pokemon and its one of the weakest fighting moves around... besides, how many rock types do you seriously expect to see? The only ones actually worth having in your team are Golem, Rhydon and Tyranitar (probably the best pokemon ever)

I don't have rock smash on any party pokemon that i use I was just complaining about how crap the move is and because you need to to pass areas some poor bastard pokemon has to get lumped with it and you have to switch in and out of your party to progress I'm doing voctory road I got 2 of my regular party stored on computer because I need so many HM's to get to the end of this thing.

Is it me but are the only Rock types worth having duel as Ground type as well? I'm not sure if Tyranitar is duel rock and ground never got that one yet. I seriously need to be able to trade one day so I can get Golem as well hopefully with wi fi I can do that.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 30, 2006, 04:44:37 am »
Tyranitar is rock/dark. Its double vulnerable to fighting types but otherwise it awesome... damn, I wish I could trade it over to Sapphire from Gold.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 30, 2006, 05:47:56 am »
Just take a really sucky 'mon that you only caught to fill your 'dex, and give it as many HM's as it can learn. Water types can all learn three, plus often strength or flash. Problem solved.

No-one expects you to actually put HM's on pokemon you intend to use, with the possible exception of surf.

Fighting types are doing the business these days, what with the slapping down of Psychic and all. I find that the best rock-types are often the fossil pokemon, which are always pretty nifty. Armaldo's a good one.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 30, 2006, 06:56:56 am »
My problem isn't giving HMs to crap poke's I got that part down pat my problem is I'll be walking along a path find a rock is bloaking the path now f*ck I have to walk back tot he Poke-centre to get the poke that knows rock smash along the way I'll come across a shrub F*ck I traded out the poke that knows Cut for the one that knows rock smash.

Like I said with Victory road you need Rock smash i think strength, flash, surf and waterfall thats more than one team member you have to switch out. Especially if you made your diver your waterfall poke as well then you can only fit 2 other HMs you could make a poke designed for getting you through the cave if you standard water fromy yiour party knows surf but still to find a poke that can learn the other moves is a pain and you still need 2 pokemon anyway. I'm just lucky one of my standard 6 knows Strength and I only gave him that (aside fromt he fact I didn't want to switch for every time I wanted to move rocks) was that it was only just barel strong enough to finish off enemies who are in the red and I didn't want to waste PP from my strongest attack to get rid of 20 hp.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 30, 2006, 08:09:40 am »
Just take a really sucky 'mon that you only caught to fill your 'dex, and give it as many HM's as it can learn. Water types can all learn three, plus often strength or flash. Problem solved.

No-one expects you to actually put HM's on pokemon you intend to use, with the possible exception of surf.

Fighting types are doing the business these days, what with the slapping down of Psychic and all. I find that the best rock-types are often the fossil pokemon, which are always pretty nifty. Armaldo's a good one.
Bah! I had to go and choose Cradily. Cradily= sucks. What does its anchor power actually do anyway?

Offline Genesis

• Elevator Action Operator
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 30, 2006, 11:06:42 am »
I perfer Gardevior to them. (I still would if Psychic wasn't overpowered.)

What will you do?

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 30, 2006, 11:32:45 am »

Bah! I had to go and choose Cradily. Cradily= sucks. What does its anchor power actually do anyway?

It stops it from getting switched with Roar and Whirlwind 'n' stuff. It could be worse. The first time I fought the elite four, that Cradily wiped out my Swampert (no weakness to Earthquake, and x4 power giga drain is mean :( )

But again, fighting 'mon are the biz'. How do you like CROSS CHOP, huh, Cradily, huh?
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 30, 2006, 11:25:04 pm »
Your Ice and bug attacks are great agaisnt Cradliy just you have to becarefuly most Ice is also water type and few good bug type. Although your fighting pokes will cream Cradily there are plenty of good fighting type in the ruby and saffire.

Offline Flamester_

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 30, 2006, 11:36:49 pm »
Come on just about everyone knows about pearl and dimond wheres the love forpokemon mystery dungeon at?
Quote from: Mr. Wizard
Flamester is truly a god among us.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 01, 2006, 03:23:02 pm »
I perfer Gardevior to them. (I still would if Psychic wasn't overpowered.)

Yeah, Gardevoir is pretty good, syncronise can be really helpful and it learns future sight, which is always useful against highly resistant pokes.

werechicken

« Reply #100 on: July 01, 2006, 08:33:21 pm »
Steel all the way, best defence of the lot

Offline Genesis

• Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 01, 2006, 09:05:09 pm »
I only found one steel non-legendary that has any use, is Beldum and its eve's.

Can't they come up with better names?  :(

What will you do?

Offline Global Nexus

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 01, 2006, 10:34:29 pm »

Have you HEARD of Skarmory? [/Jack O'Niell]  ;)

Offline Genesis

• Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 01, 2006, 10:37:13 pm »
Yes, and I never found use for it. It just didn't work at all.

What will you do?

Offline Global Nexus

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 01, 2006, 11:01:33 pm »
I'm not really going to get deeply into it, but Skarmory's type combination makes it weak only to Electric types.  Combined with pretty darn good stats and good move potential, I'm afraid you'll find many very good Pokemon team builders utilize Skarmory in a variety of roles.  Unfortunately, I've never used one myself, but I know I've seen many teams that have utilized a Skarmory to good effect.  I've also seen Aggron, Steelix, and Magneton.  I frequently utilize Magneton, actually.  :)