Author Topic: A Comprehensive Pokémon Thread  (Read 342000 times)

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon: Diamond & Pearl
« Reply #75 on: June 26, 2006, 07:09:55 pm »
i was gonna go buy the new pokemon games tomorrow, but once I think about it, Oberic is right. I'll wait. I'll waste my money on Motley Crue albums instead :P

I think those games are not out yet.

Offline Damned_Zombie

• Cobra Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 26, 2006, 07:15:41 pm »
*smacks forehead*

Whatever...

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 26, 2006, 07:44:53 pm »
(I'm sorry for talking about fire red, but I don't feal like it needs it's own thread)

Did a good 16 hours on poke'mon at the lake. I like the updates they added, exept for the fact some people wont just give you the TM. You have to take the poke'mon you want to them so they can learn it. It's a real pain because you forget were people are.

Oh, and I need some help if you don't mind

Right now I'm stuck on the snorlaxes. I want to catch them, but he keeps resting and even when I do get him low he just pops out of the great ball. And I can't buy ultra balls (I dont think)

Oh, and is there a way to trade with Sapphire? I herd you can, but you have to do somthing. On that note, can you trade with any of the other versions? I would like to get my lvl 100 mews off my blue

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2006, 12:07:04 am »
Paralize it or put it to sleep or self then get the health down but just wear him down into the red and catch. Also if you hit it with lots of accuracy reducing moves you can really take you time bringing down the health to get it really low the incedibly low health combined with sleep or paralize should do it also if you want you can just sit there and wait for it to run out of PP for the move.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2006, 12:22:22 am »
You can't trade to Sapphire until you get the National Dex, and fixed the trade machine on One Island.  which is right at the end of the game.
It's very annoying how they limit which Pokemon you can use like this.  I wanted to start again on Fire Red recently using a few Johto and Hoenn Pokemon, but you can't.

I guess it's to stop you from trading over insanely high Pokemon from other versions, but surely there's a better way they could limit that?

Snorlax can be a pain to catch, do everything else you can first, beat Erika, fight all the Team Rocket guys in the Silph building, etc.  If you still can't catch Snorlax after that, then just kill one of them, and come back for the other later on.  You'll only need one, as you can breed more of them later on. 

Unfortunatly though, there's no way to trade between the older games.  The GBA games only work with other GBA and Gamecube games, apparantly it's impossible for GBA games to communicate with old Gameboy games, plus the stat system was completely reworked in Ruby/Sapphire.  They have at least promised that Diamond and Pearl works with all the GBA games.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2006, 04:16:36 am »
I think the trading restriction has more to do with discouraging people from restarting fire red/leaf green over and over to get all three starting pokes and both fossils.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2006, 07:14:12 am »
I agree with Krakow Sam.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2006, 11:52:25 am »
There's nothing to stop you doing that though, you can trade over any of the original Pokemon to Fire Red/Leaf Green at any time.
It's only the ones that didn't originally appear, Totodile, Torchic, etc that it won't let you trade in.  Same goes for Emerald, it only lets you trade in Pokemon that can be caught in Hoenn until after you finish the game.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 28, 2006, 02:11:02 am »
Oh, thats ok then. So I'd just need to breed an army of pikachus or geodudes in sapphire, then trade over loads of original good pokes like ditto (then I can finally breed my Blaziken and actually give it good moves, instead of ones which were 'necessary' at the time. HMs suck (except fly)

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 28, 2006, 05:30:28 am »
Should have done what i did with my copy of ruby just kept restarting until I got a female pokemon to start with I can get myself as many Mudkips as I like.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 28, 2006, 06:48:32 am »
Well, when I started I wasnt aware that ruby/sapphire was a ditto free zone and by the time I realised that I had built up too good a team to consider restarting.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 29, 2006, 04:38:07 am »
I've played through the game a few times starting again once or twice I'me on a run through with mupkip starter its one of my best playing the game teams although I'll have to find some others for if I ever want to complete agaisnt people as the team is somewhat weaked by being forced to have some HM's in the party. I mean there are 3 water HM's you need an alternate in you team or you basically ruin the move set of your water pokemon of choice Surf it's self is a decent move but whats the point of having that and dive and waterfall. Also even if you have a fighting pokemon you don't want Rocksmash in your list way to weak for anything. Fly is a decent attack for solo play at least but if you ever compete agaisnt other people you be better off with Arieal Ace.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 29, 2006, 05:18:25 am »
What were they thinking with rock smash? Its probably the suckiest move in the game after splash.

werechicken

« Reply #88 on: June 29, 2006, 05:22:46 am »
What are you talking about it's a killer move against rock type pokemon

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 29, 2006, 05:25:49 am »
Karate chop is better against rock type pokemon and its one of the weakest fighting moves around... besides, how many rock types do you seriously expect to see? The only ones actually worth having in your team are Golem, Rhydon and Tyranitar (probably the best pokemon ever)