Author Topic: A Comprehensive Pokémon Thread  (Read 341764 times)

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon: Diamond & Pearl
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2006, 12:21:14 am »
I need a guide to all the new stuff. I think I left when the TV show got rid of Brock and misty (like I said, I was in 6th grade)

I didn't say the game was for kids though. It's a very good RPG, and I might rent the new poke'mon game for old time sake

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2006, 01:16:53 am »
I still say Psycic's are over powered Ghosts aren't that great although I'll admit some of them from the new ghosts are better still they lack some good moves and crunch is the only decent dark attack and even then there aren't really any really good Dark pokemon Umbrion isn't too bad other than that not many good choices.

Offline Fink

• I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2006, 01:20:15 am »
I never used Psychics. I didn't use any strategy, I just ran in there with brute strength sacrifice poke'mon until I won.... well it worked did it  :P

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2006, 02:53:17 am »
I will always say Pokemon games aren't just for kids I have suck countless hours in to Poke Blue and Poke Ruby. I'm now 23 the TV series yes stay away from that it's terrible but they make solid games that can be played through many times.

Having said that I don't know why you can say its a balanced game some pokemon are so incredibly over powered even still Psycic pokemon are a little over powered its been reigned in a bit with the inclusion of Dark pokemon but until a really really good Dark pokemon is made Psycic will rule.

Also Bug pokemon are under powered most bug are seen in the 1st area evolve into a butterfly like creature and are useless after level 20. Theres needs to be some killer bugs that are on par strength wise with the starting poke you get. Also that should help even out Psycic pokemon.

Lets not get started on how crap Poison ones are.

Any Dark or Ghost Pokemon will rape a Pshycic type.  It's more than easy enough to make a team of Pokemon that doesn't include a single Psychic.  In the original Red/blue, yeah, Psychics were horribly overpowered, but that's why there's a dark type now.  Even a simple Arcanine with Crunch can anhilate a Mewtwo.  There are a few "uber" Pokemon that are just insanely overpowered, but these are generally considered bad practice, most people won't use them on their team, let alone battle against them.  And yeah, there are still some weaklings, but there has to be some kind of variation.

And there are plenty of really good bug Pokemon.  Heracross, Scizor, Armaldo and Shedinja are up there with the best of them.

Ive got to agree with Heracross. Heracross is part of my pokemon Saphire Ultimate Team... shedinja isnt really that good, its just a freaky novelty like ditto or something. It doesnt really have any decent attack power... I suppose Flygon (another component of the ULTIMATE TEAM) could count as a Bug, despite the fact its actually... wait, now I cant remember... is it flying and earth or is it bug and earth and has levitate?
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

werechicken

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2006, 05:42:23 am »
I prefer steel, phycic and ice pokemon, I can usually take on anything but a very strong fire pokemon collection

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2006, 05:56:02 am »
Heracross I'll give you that and that only.

Flygon is a Dragon/Ground pokemon with levitate but I agree Flygon was in my team for my assults on battle tower.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2006, 05:57:04 am »
Flygon+ Earthquake = instant win.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2006, 06:07:26 am »
Flygon wasn't a bug pokemon but I found that pokemon invaluble it was like 3 elements in one when you factor in levitate I think I might have to get back to Pokemon finish off my current game try out battle tower again. I so with they let bred pokemon in to that thing.

Anyone recommend a team from the Ruby side of the game last time I had Flygon Miltoic and Metagross thinking of dropping Metagross it was a bit of a weak link might see if a grab an electric so i can take care of Water Pokemon as thats the only real weakness that team previously had. Shame most electrics aren't built to take alot of punishment.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2006, 06:29:05 am »
I always attempted the battle tower with Flygon, Heracross and Kadabra

Offline Genesis

• Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2006, 06:40:11 am »
Flygon gets raped by ice, which I tended to use so its not that good at all....

What will you do?

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2006, 06:56:36 am »
Yeah but everyone gets raped by something so not much you can do there all you can do is make sure you have other in your team to compensate hence I'm looking for a good electric type.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2006, 07:28:00 am »
Flygon gets raped by ice, which I tended to use so its not that good at all....
But Heracross can rape most ice types, so it works out well.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2006, 07:36:06 am »
Really what attacks does Haracross learn that gives it the advantage over Ice? I didn't even know Bug had a type advantage for ice.

werechicken

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2006, 07:37:19 am »
doesn't ice squish bugs?

Offline Genesis

• Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2006, 07:51:30 am »
Yes, it does.  :D

And elec. doesn't have the advantage over it either.

NULLIFIED!

TRY AGAIN!

What will you do?