Author Topic: A Comprehensive Pokémon Thread  (Read 341378 times)

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon: Diamond & Pearl
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2006, 12:50:04 am »
I just think that it's better if you can complete the whole game without having to trade, or having to buy more games.

To be fair, you don't need all the Pokemon to complete the game.  The only point of having more is so you can build different, and perhaps better teams.
I really like the trading aspects of the game, and if there wasn't any exclusives, there wouldn't be much point.  If anything, I think they need to promote trading more, by having more variations of each Pokemon, or being able to customise them or something.

They've definatly taking trading a little too far recently though, it worked between two games, and perhaps even a third on the gamecube.  But now that it's become around 14, it's just stupid.  Wi-fi should help sort this out though, and I'm guessing most of the Pokemon that aren't in Diamond and Pearl will be in Battle Revolution for the Wii.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2006, 02:24:46 am »
I think the idea of colour variation would be cool... ever since I saw a glitched purple crabby in pokemon gold... I didnt have any pokeballs so I didnt manage to catch it  :'(
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2006, 03:03:55 am »
All the old GBA games are compatable, so if you have a fully complete Pokedex in Emerald, you can trade them all over to Diamond and Pearl.

I hope so that way I can bring all my ruby Poke's over possibly even then trade them online for the rest I never had anyone to trade with so I was always stuck with the Poke's that came in the box Wi-fi will answer my pokemon collecting dreams.

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2006, 05:22:22 am »
I think the idea of colour variation would be cool... ever since I saw a glitched purple crabby in pokemon gold... I didnt have any pokeballs so I didnt manage to catch it  :'(
Those weren't glitches. Rare, coloured pokémon were a deliberate addition to the Gold/Silver games.

They've definatly taking trading a little too far recently though, it worked between two games, and perhaps even a third on the gamecube.  But now that it's become around 14, it's just stupid.  Wi-fi should help sort this out though, and I'm guessing most of the Pokemon that aren't in Diamond and Pearl will be in Battle Revolution for the Wii.
Yeah...  :-\
And odds are, nobody's going to want to trade their Mewtwo or whatever for some crappy pokémon anyone can catch in the new games.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2006, 05:31:05 am »
I'll be happy to trade back and forth just so I can say the Poke-dex says I got the thing.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2006, 05:39:21 am »

The Pokemon Stadium games on the N64 did this, depending on the nicknames of your Pokemon, they would slightly change colour.  So your Charizard for example could go a much brighter orange instead of the standard orange, or could even go bright red, or anywhere inbetween.  It was a great little addition that they've never used since, I'd love to see something like that included again.

But yeah, the purple Krabby wasn't a glitch.  All the games since Gold and Silver have used "rare coloured Pokemon" or shiny Pokemon as their commonly reffered to as.  Basically there's a 1 in 9000 chance the Pokemon you encounter will be a different colour from usual.  If you remember the Red Gyrados in Gold/Silver, that was one you got for free.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2006, 07:58:05 am »

The Pokemon Stadium games on the N64 did this, depending on the nicknames of your Pokemon, they would slightly change colour.  So your Charizard for example could go a much brighter orange instead of the standard orange, or could even go bright red, or anywhere inbetween.  It was a great little addition that they've never used since, I'd love to see something like that included again.

But yeah, the purple Krabby wasn't a glitch.  All the games since Gold and Silver have used "rare coloured Pokemon" or shiny Pokemon as their commonly reffered to as.  Basically there's a 1 in 9000 chance the Pokemon you encounter will be a different colour from usual.  If you remember the Red Gyrados in Gold/Silver, that was one you got for free.
Oh, cool. So are there rare coloured pokes in ruby/saphire as well?

Offline Global Nexus

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2006, 10:37:59 am »
Yes, I've caught several Shinies before, including a Wurmple and a Makuhita.  Shinies seem more common in R/S, though, but I do like them a lot.  If only for variety.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2006, 11:23:08 am »
Do they evolve into different coloured pokes as well or do you have to keep them stunted to preserve their colouration?

Offline Global Nexus

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2006, 12:37:04 pm »
They all evolve as normal.  Every Pokémon, save possibly the Legendaries, have Shiny forms, so evolution isn't a problem.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2006, 01:10:54 pm »
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/rsgbapicsshiny.html

Pictures of all the Rare coloured Pokemon.
Unfortunatly most of them are just simple pallete swaps.  Most blue coloured ones turn purple, green turns yellow, etc.  But some of them have a lot more effort put into them, the Charizard for example goes black.  Hopefully in Diamond & Pearl they put that much effort into all of them.  Having a red Mewtwo, or a yellow Scizor or something would be awesome.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2006, 01:19:50 pm »
It works with ones which hatch from eggs too, right? <goes to breed 8000 trapinches in the hopes of getting a shiny flygon>

Offline Global Nexus

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2006, 01:27:45 pm »
Yes, Shinies can come from eggs, too.
I'm guessing you really want one?  ;D

EDIT: Looking at that one page, it looks like Legendaries CAN be Shiny.  I did not know that.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 01:29:17 pm by Global Nexus »

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2006, 01:44:20 pm »
Wow, theres practically no way of getting a shiny legendary though. Youd literally have to play over 8000 games just to have a realistic chance of getting one... and even then satisfaction is not guaranteed. Man, youd have to be super lucky to just get one by chance.

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2006, 02:33:19 pm »
I found my old sapphire game, and I plan on playing it again for fun. The odd thing is I had a dream I was playing the game. I was out in a field with no pokey balls. It was really odd  :-\

I need to stop reading the forums befor I go to bed, or I'll have Damned Zombie spaming my dreams