Author Topic: A Comprehensive Pokémon Thread  (Read 377665 times)

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon: Diamond & Pearl
« Reply #1560 on: February 25, 2008, 08:04:09 am »
Darkdragon, I'll try to help a bit if I can, you did allow me to see the new spore videos after all :P

First, buy a lot of super repels, I would say, maybe 995, 999 just to be safe.. (ok thats too extreme, just, get a lot of them.) Because if you DO get to 40, it can sometimes still take a long time refreshing the radar to get a shiny (watch your step.), It is possible, to get more than one shiny in a chain. Most I've got is 3, but I tried for a fourth just.. because... Until it got annoying boring.

You're doing the pattern right, dunno why you can't get past 14.. I tend to be able to get to 40 now a lot more.. Hmm.. I would say, try bigger grass patch yet? Or I might say, Determination is key, don't give up, it only takes time.. Sometimes a LOT*.  Yeah, they can appear early in the chain.. VERY early.

Don't forget, if you DO get the chain to 40, you CAN get

Psyduck family, Poliwag family, and Wooper family can have damp, get one of them if you plan on catching an exploder, but don't have enough master balls to waste.

False swipe is the best move for catching.. Anything.. Except ghosts and super-hard pokémon like steel and rock, but still a lot safer than getting a critical hit and wasting a shiny (I hope this never happens to anyone, ever.)
~~~ Use Serebii.net and maybe you can find something you can get that can use both False Swipe and Odor Sleuth/Foresight :o ~~~

I got my Gastrodon before I knew the 40-chain secrets and the distance to walk secrets, but the shiny tile appeared at a chain of 3 gastrodons, I was only trying to level up. Oh, and when I was hunting for my ponyta for.. days, it happened at 33 of the chain, yeah, I'm real lucky with the number 3.... weird.
Pokéradar rocks, Got myself 3 Shiny Shinx (siblings get the spares as gifts.), 2 Shiny Electrike (spare to trade with a sibling, whoever gets a spare shiny first.), 1 Shiny Buneary (proud of this one, it appeared on like, 10-11 of the chain 8)),
* and FINALLY got that Murkrow. It took well over (atleast) 120 Super Repels. and like 2 or 3 hours! It just would not appear after I got the chain to 40! ARGH!..!!..!!!!1!!!1!1Eleven!!11!!!!! :P  Named it "Cello".. yeah.

Oh, and several "LOL"s dotted here and there, would look too sloppy if I put 'em up there.

There isn't any easy way to get shiny water Fish pokémon right? (So far I've got one shiny fish, my Sharpedo.)

Never give up, never surrender! oh.. 4:22 AM here.. Sorry for making so many words in one white-grey-ish box. Hope something was useful or inspiring or what-bloody-ever.

hehe, thanks a lot. I was doing everything right, just unlucky... then yesterday a Shiny Male Floatzel appeared on a chain of 22, I caught it with a Luxury ball and then on the 23rd chain another one showed up (this time a female) and I caught it with a heal ball, it was fun, I got a couple of Shiny Floatzels xD

Right after that I took my raichu and went to hunt for Shiny Shinx cause I love the color and got one on a chain of 2!

That was about it, after 4 days I finally got 3 shinies in one day xD
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: February 25, 2008, 10:19:43 am »
Guess who just got a shiny roserade?

Chaining that roselia took ages :-p

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: February 25, 2008, 10:25:16 am »
Pfft, I had a shiny Roserade ages ago.

Of course, it's one of my only two shinies, both of which popped up randomly since I'm so bad at chaining.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: February 25, 2008, 10:44:11 am »
Seriously? My Roselia chain always got broken by my arch-nemesis in Trophy Garden chaining...

Pichu.

Offline Paradox

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: February 25, 2008, 12:46:24 pm »
Finally picked this up ready to build a team. Milotic and Heracross from R/S, but I'm going old skool with Charizard, Gengar and Umbreon, the final slot is undecided but I might just go with Lanturn as I already have 2 at Lv 100.

Is it just me or did anyone else not know you can clean the gym badges?

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: February 25, 2008, 01:07:49 pm »
Clean... Gym... Badges?

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: February 25, 2008, 01:17:53 pm »
For people who are insane. Don't worry too much about it.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: February 25, 2008, 04:19:21 pm »
Yeah, if you tap them with the stylus you can clean them and make them shine xD

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

gec05

« Reply #1568 on: February 25, 2008, 05:32:10 pm »
Each one plays a note so you can make music out of it. Clean a badge maybe half way for a flat note and in between. A waste of time really.

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: February 25, 2008, 06:22:23 pm »
I cleaned them all up to 4 sparkling stars in 5 minutes (they were all dark gray or whatever).

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: February 26, 2008, 11:50:23 am »
Ugh, I got up to 27 in a chain, whichwas 10 more than my previous record, then lost it. It's incredibly irritating.

What exactly does a shiney sparkle look like with the pokeradar? And what happens if you use the pokeradar in long grass?
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: February 26, 2008, 11:56:28 am »
You can't use in long grass, and shiny patch is yellow sparkles/stars.

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: March 02, 2008, 11:31:28 am »
I know this isn't family friendly and is disgusting, but....

I just breed my female Gloom, then looked at it's face afterwards and laughed. Go look at the Gloom sprite, seriously. Besides the obvious, the faintly disgusted face is a giveaway.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: March 02, 2008, 12:01:51 pm »
*Checks*

*Laughs for three days straight*
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: March 02, 2008, 03:08:50 pm »
Looks like that Gloom is having some dirty fun :P

gamingsteve.dyndns.org