Author Topic: The Æthirans  (Read 44042 times)

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
Re: The Æthirans
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2006, 02:24:29 am »
"In Soviet russia oil changes YOU!!"
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2006, 09:02:42 am »
The Temporal Guardian

The Conclave have for a very long time constructed Guardians to protect and prevent the use of technology. The most famous of these Guardians is the Temporal Guardian that watches over Æthiran Space. A very advance AI that is classified as a 3.99999... dimensional machine. The construction method is still kept secret and is not know if even the Conclave know how it works anylonger. Some even say is a myth to stop curios Technomancers from experimenting with extream Spacetime manipulations but one can put a blind i to the strange phenomena that happens to ships traveling in FTL speed through Æthiran Space. Some ship end up at the wrong place. Some ship exit FLT speed severally damage. Others ship just dispears with out a trance. Most other species just continued these accident to a space piracy which is also common or natural phenomena but the problem did not exist until after Conclave is said to have build the Temporal Guardian. Also as the Æthiran Empire expand so have the area guarded. When a new star system is officially added to the Æthiran Empire after the ownership of that world have bin resolved a construction team from the Conclave is quickly send out to build a Guardian Beacon and a Jump Gate. It is not uncommon to find Technomancer just outside the Guardians reach preforming experiment that manipulate Spacetime but very few technomancer would ever dare to do that within the border of the Empire. (Is also illegal to do so within the borders of the Empire.)

There are 3 regular types of Guardian Beacons. The True type as it is called which is only found in the Empire and have heavy effect of FTL travel. The there is the simpler type which is sold to other races which have minor or no effect FTL travail but is claim to protech the user form Timetravel. Sometimes those that by them figure out way to boost the performance of the Beacon which then can be use as a primitive way to stop safe FTL travel. And last there are small charms often in form of amulets. How mush effect these charms have no one is really sure of but is not recommend that someone trow them at the FTL drive or transport a lot of these on there ship (well one or two charms on every crew member seem to have little effect but some traders have lost there ships when loaded with only charms like this.) Simple beacons and charms are one of the few thing the Conclave gladly sells to other species. A few races see these charms and beacons as way to ward of bad luck so is a relative lucrative business for those that dare travel to Æthirans space. There are also knockoffs of these but is often easy to know if is a genuine Conclave one. also exported all over the universe.

The Jump Gates

Because of the interference of the Temporal Guardian to regular FTL travel a network of Jumpgates have bin constructed. Every new system that is added have at least one small gate build by the conclave. The local lords often build their own larger gates to reduse traffic jams and to not get depended on the conclaves network of jump gates. these gates also makes it easier for local feudal lord to take out tolls and to hunt down pirates. (Even if the majority of piracy is actually conducted by the local feudal lords them self that legally take what ever they want from ships that are in there space of influence.) The Exiles also have a few Jump gates linked to world that are under there protection but because they can not trust the local feudal lord but sometime still have to travel through their space the exiles have develop technology that make smaller ships safely travel at FTL speeds. Some of this technology have found it way to small feudal lord. It also said that Some of the more powerfull Technomancers know how to trick the guardian to move even large object without the use of Jump gate network.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 10:40:55 am by Yokto »
Check out my Creatures.
The Æthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2006, 08:04:21 am »
Now a little post on the star system the Æthirans live in.

A simple map of Æthyx the Star system the Æthirans live in.

=Æthiran Star system=

Listed the planets in order.

Æthyx

Bight white star that is larger then Sol.

Æthyxir

Small hot rocky world that have a orbit that is very close to the Æthyx. Long day makes one side of the planet very hot wile the other cold even if is so close to the Æthyx. Have no atmosphere.

Othyxir

Large hot semi-molten world. have a dense atmosphere

Uthyxir

Blue gas giant with 3 major moons. 2 with primitive life. have a small sliver planetary ring

Ithyxir

Dark blue gas giant with 5 major moons. 3 supports life. The moon Æthir is home to Æthirans. Have lager sliverbluish planetary ring.

Næthyxir

Very large yellow/orange warm looking gas giant with 7 major moons. Have a very large planetary ring with smiler color to the planet.

Nothyxir

large red gas giant with 4 major moons. Small planetary ring

Nuthyxir

Small green gas giant with 2 major moons. very small Half shaped planetary ring.

Nithyxir

Small rocky iceplanet. Have no atmosphere.

Kæthyxir

Small rocky iceplanet. Have no atmosphere.

Kothyxir

Small rocky iceplanet. Have no  atmosphere.

Naming system.

As a added bonus i will also tell you about the naming system for the planets in the Æthyx system.

Yx = Star
Ir = World (Often moons)

Æthyx = First Star (The name of the Æthir home star)
Æthyxir = First Star World
Axir = Star World (Aka Planet)

Cardinal numbers

Ash = 0 (Note: not pronused like a as in ash tree but as a in father)
Æsh = 1
Osh = 2
Ush = 3
Ish = 4
Næsh = 5
Nosh = 6
Nush = 7
Nish = 8
Kæsh = 9
Kosh = 10
Kush = 11
Kish = 12
Dæsh = 13
Dosh = 14
Dush = 15
Dish = 16

Ordinal numbers

Ath = 0th
Æth = 1st
Oth = 2nd
Uth = 3rd
Ith = 4th
Næth = 5th
Noth = 6th
Nuth = 7th
Nith = 8th
Kæth = 9th
Koth = 10th
Kuth = 11th
Kith = 12th
Dæth = 13th
Doth = 14th
Duth = 15th
Dith = 16th

Ithyxir Æthir is the full name of Æthirans homeplanet.

And rember if you got any question just ask.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 03:23:40 am by Yokto »
Check out my Creatures.
The Æthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
  • Raised from the dead!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2006, 08:32:03 am »
a pic of a planet would be nice,lol dish is 16, so thier numbers are based on a 4 system since it changes the first letter every four numbers. also you made a typo 12 should be kith since 10 is koth or is 10 and 12 the same number.
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2006, 08:35:16 am »
thanks i will fix that.
Check out my Creatures.
The Æthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2006, 02:01:51 pm »
On request i decided to post a picture of one of the plants. First planet i have ever made and i used the GIMP.

Othyxir. Second Planet in the Æthyx. Picture is taken before the colonization of the planet. 
Check out my Creatures.
The Æthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2006, 06:35:22 pm »
Nice planet and solor system info. How can colonization even be possible on a lava planet?

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
  • Raised from the dead!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2006, 07:14:21 pm »
you used GIMP! I have the same program but i can't make that,what did u use and how did you get that atmosphere,teach me how!!!!i got to know!!!!
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2006, 01:46:22 am »
Nice planet and solor system info. How can colonization even be possible on a lava planet?
As the planet is only semi-molten the are areas where the lava have cooled down and form continents. The planet is smiler to Giedi Prime from Dune or Mustafar from Starwars. (More like Giedi Prime then Mustafar.) Technology also help as even if Æthirans only build on the cooler part of the Othyxir was still a hot planet. In the galactic age era Othyxir is home to giant industrial complex and mining operations using the lateset technical advances in Moho mining (even if it the technology is mainly used on the surfices.) A lot of junk is also dump on the planet where it recycled especially sins the Conclave and some of the local feudal lords are trying to clean up the planets in the habitat range. The Archkings of Othyxir have long bin some of the riches Æthirans known in existens because of their controle of this plant.

Hope that answer some of you questions. If you have more ask.  :)

you used GIMP! I have the same program but i can't make that,what did u use and how did you get that atmosphere,teach me how!!!!i got to know!!!!

I found a guide a Planet making tutorial that i think should help you out. I notices after reading it how to make a red atmosphere halo like the one i use on Othyxir is no described. So i will add a bit extra info.

To make a atmosphere just make a Alpha to Selection on the surfices surface layer. Now make a new layer called "glow" or "halo" or what ever you find appropriate. paint the masked area the color you want to use. Now use Filters -> Blur -> Gaussian Blur and enter a value you find fitting. You may want to increases the size of the glow layer a bit however so the halo do not get to obscurd by the planet.

Ask if their is something you do not understand. (But please do not ask a lot of question about the tutorial as i did not write it. I will answer any question on the "Halo" part however.)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 03:32:11 am by Yokto »
Check out my Creatures.
The Æthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2006, 01:52:09 pm »
Transmission from ViS administration head office, to be relayed to an Aetherian of apropriate seniority.
// Greetings fom ViSta, noble Aetherian people. I speak as the absolute ruler of the ViS. I have already made contact with one of your subordinates, the esteemed Archduke Irongut. I have heard many talkes of Aetherian greatness and I come bearing gifts of goodwill.
My people recently aquired an alien artefact of unknown purpose while assisting with the takeover of a distant world by the space war union. I would like to present it for the approval of you and your technomancers with the blessing of my people. A transport holding the item will reach your borders in several hours. I hope we can establish friendly relations which will profit us all.// 

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2006, 02:29:47 pm »
The Conclave quickly is send a videoless cold replay in their usual manner to the ViS.

//We speak for the Emperors will and are the protectors of the Æthirans Empire! We will accept you artfact but know this and we will send a star ship to pick it up. We warn you we do not tolerate any hostility or trickery aim at the Empire! We we will attack if you try to spreed any heretical faith in to our border! We be at peace for now.//

At the same time a heavily encrypted message is directly to the ViS through a channel usually use for military communication.

//Do not be alarmed. I am Silvershell and I'm a Exile. The Conclave do not like when we take matter in to our own hand but i thought i should warn you. The Conclave can get very violate if you provoke them. The have allready fought several Galactic wars other Galactic races and allways won. Also watch out for the local feudal lords. When you are in there space you better be on you toes. I do not know mush about Archduke Irongut but just be on you toes. Please do not send this message to the Conclave. Also do not try to contact us the Exiles because that could mean trouble for both of us.//

And then a third massage came in.

//I am Mage Stargazer. So that incompetent Archduke finally found someone stupid enough to hire him. Well what ever you paid for his services it was to mush.//
Check out my Creatures.
The Æthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2006, 02:41:11 pm »
//We speak for the Emperors will and are the protectors of the Æthirans Empire! We will accept you artfact but know this and we will send a star ship to pick it up. We warn you we do not tolerate any hostility or trickery aim at the Empire! We we will attack if you try to spreed any heretical faith in to our border! We be at peace for now.//
//Do not be alarmed. I have no hostile intention toward you. I do not wish to spread any heretical ideas. If you were to study data regarding my people you would see that they have no faith at all.
In our part of the galaxy species do their best to cooperate and coexist peacefully. I am sure a friendship between us would benefit us both much more than a war would.//

//I am Mage Stargazer. So that incompetent Archduke finally found someone stupid enough to hire him. Well what ever you paid for his services it was to mush.//

//Greetings Stargazer. I note your concerns regarding the Duke. Dont worry about how much I paid him. Individuals of my species are essentially valueless, and I now have over two thousand spies working in his libraries. Perhaps when I have no more need of his services I can be persuaded to sell you some information about him that might give you an advantage were you to face him in battle.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2006, 02:59:46 pm »
//Do not be alarmed. I have no hostile intention toward you. I do not wish to spread any heretical ideas. If you were to study data regarding my people you would see that they have no faith at all.
In our part of the galaxy species do their best to cooperate and coexist peacefully. I am sure a friendship between us would benefit us both much more than a war would.//
The Conclave ignores you replay.

OCC: Remember the denial of a ever vigilant Emperor is also Heretical so do not try to insult them by claiming you have no faith. Best is if you do not try to speak about religion of philosophy at all if you are not trying to join the empire and become one of the lesser feudal lords which i do not believe you wish.

//Greetings Stargazer. I note your concerns regarding the Duke. Dont worry about how much I paid him. Individuals of my species are essentially valueless, and I now have over two thousand spies working in his libraries. Perhaps when I have no more need of his services I can be persuaded to sell you some information about him that might give you an advantage were you to face him in battle.
Stargazer replays.
//Hmpf... He have most likely sold them to others or taken them to a lab to studier. He may be dumb but he would not send to his worthless library. No that their is anything of value to steal their anyway. I bet we will soon see small ViS clones running around doing some simple task not even worthy of a Æthiran serf. The vary thought of that makes me puke. Maybe if I'm lucky they will be turned to nutriante supplement for the Sky Reapers after his incompetent Technomancers realizes that those slaves he bought are of no value. But you still made a bad deal so do not get my wrong!//

OOC: I will make a story about what happen to them later.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 05:40:13 pm by Yokto »
Check out my Creatures.
The Æthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2006, 05:06:49 am »
Added this section for those that would like to join.

Oath of fealty and voluntary slavery

To pledge once allegiance to the Empire and the local lord about the only peacefully way for a Alien race to join the Empire with the exception of become a slave. Both the Conclave and the Lord (which can be of any rank higher then Archkight or Archscribe.) The Conclave will judge you worthiness base on you loyalty to the Shadow Emperor which must be adopted as Religion and philosophy by the Vassal. The Lord is often motivated by personal gain. The potential Vassal is usually not excepted if the Vassal could bring trouble for the Empire. Vassal can however be loyal to two or even more lords but the Conclave can not accept any other loyalty then that to the Shadow Emperor. Being loyal to two lord is however not a easy thing. Every time one gain a rank the Vassal have retake his oath for him to accept his title. The Vassal never gain a title higher then his lord. In return the Vassal gain protection. Voluntary slavery (or sometimes serfdom) is also accepted. To be accepted as a slave you only need the approval of lord with the rank of Freeman.

Xeno Lord
A rank given to Alien that gives the the temporary title of Xeno Lord (or Xeno Baron and so on.) The Lord that gave this title do so only during a limit time and is often regulated by contract. All the Lord men will not take order from the New Xeno Lord as if he was of the same rank as his Xeno title. A Oath of fealty is not often taken by the Xeno lord but he must follow the terms of contract.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 05:15:22 am by Yokto »
Check out my Creatures.
The Æthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2006, 09:49:22 am »
Cool, Nice names and Feudal-type system.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.