Author Topic: The Ęthirans  (Read 44105 times)

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
Re: The Ęthirans
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2006, 02:11:08 pm »
nice pic...looks a bit like a nano-suit torpal to me though :-\

But i bet you suit can not walk through walls like the Spectral armor. ;)

And you can not expect that a fellow hexapod will look that diffrent in armor. but I'm glad you liked it. made it only with gimp without even using a any model to go by. Not even a scanned drawing to go by.
Walk through walls? <drools>

Do the Technomancers like to trade technology?   ;)
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2006, 02:21:30 pm »

Acually it reminds me of my very first nano suit character called Updraft. He was a human with electro-kinesis powers who wore a nano suit which could be programs to take the shape of a gargoyle. This my super hero phase in High School. :D

Up Draft
http://www.deviantart.com/view/14906278/
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 02:23:13 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2006, 02:23:42 pm »

But i bet you suit can not walk through walls like the Spectral armor. ;)

And you can not expect that a fellow hexapod will look that diffrent in armor. but I'm glad you liked it. made it only with gimp without even using a any model to go by. Not even a scanned drawing to go by.
Walk through walls? <drools>

Do the Technomancers like to trade technology?   ;)

Not the hate to trade technology. Sure they hand out the Nucleare weapons or Nano enchasted plague to cavemen from time to time but that a other story. If they think you even got the slightest chance of figuring out how it work then they will not trade. Still they do sell equipment if they are sure it can not be use against them. But is not often smart to trade with the feudal lord. You often get a hole lot more then you bargen for. Heck they invented spyware (Do not ask me how) before the steam engine.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2006, 02:26:23 pm »
Actually i think i will see if i can change the color of the Armor. Most of the Spectral armor is black and not gray.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2006, 02:59:06 pm »
OK i have uploaded a Spectral armor with a darker more sinester pallent. If is to dark i can remake it. Is more correct to how it would look in really now.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2006, 05:59:35 am »
Oh well back to the history. We are now in about Civ time.

The Exodus of the Exiles
In the new awaken world of the giant city state duering the second industrial revolution tention grew betwine the serfs and their master. Most who lived in the city's lived in terrible conditions as many still do to day in the Empire. One day however the Technomance "Tranquilmind Daughter of House Greenspire" in the small city Greenspire started to use her technical knowledge to help her serfs. Not only that her started a massive teaching program and started to give rights. Soon serfs of other local lord started to demand that same benefits or try to flee to Greenspire where Tranquilmind accept anyone. Because of this the local lord first try to stop Tranquilmind (often known as Recklesshand in the Empire ) by challenging to a duel. But she did not except even if thosends of skilled warriors where willing to take her place. Tranquilmind defended her action by stating: "duels is not a good way to know the will of the Shadow Emperor, Only from know one self can one be a peace with the Shadow Emperor. One must learn to recognizes that all things are one and all things are connected." The local feudal lords hoped by declining to duel Tranquilmind would also change her way and stop his reckless ways in accordance with the traditions of the Duel. But he did not such thing and continue to teach and help is serfs and other that came to her. The local feudal lords where enrages by this careless act declared war on Greenspire. Tranquilmind was afraid that this would happen and therefore have train not only her serfs in the way to build technology but also in the art of war. Outfitted with the finest equipment and taught in the way of not only traditional combat by also in the stealthy arts of deception Greensipers troops could easily stand up against is aggressors. The added influx of serfs from the local feudal lord did also help to strenghten Greenspire and at the same time weaken the enemies of Tranquilmind. In combat Tranquilmind forces where unequal as the giant landship steamtank attacked mechanizes troops from both sides. Hoard of heavily armored cavalry clashed down from the hills. Even some highly advance Steam Mechs where  imported from the Technomance far south. Greenspire send out large Airship to bomb the city's of his enemies and at the same time send several specially train Assassins to try to kill the feudal lord to end the war. The war was total fought on land and seas, up in the Air and down in the subterran caves blow.  At this time the Conclave have mostly put a blind eye on what Tranquilmind was doing in Greenspire but fearing the conflict would affect other part of the Empire the Conclave called for a Tribunal to determen the guilt of Tranquilmind. To everyonce astonishment Tranquilmind accepted to be taken to the Tribunal and a immediate cease fire was announced by the Conclave that must be honed by all sides. The Tribunal lasted from many months  but Tranquilmind never tried to deny her guilt. Tranquilmind instead use her time to attack the very foundations of the Empire calling is a unjust and outdated. But he did not convinces the Conclave and was sentens to death. All of Greenspire was going to be divided by the local feudal lord as a compensation for the damage they have suffered. But Tranquilmind loyal people could not except this an was able rescue Tranquilmind before his execution. Duering the trail Tranquilmind people have build several ship and modified the landships and battleships to carry greenspires population from the old world to the only then speculated new world Silithia¹ in the east. It seem that Tranquilmind have planed the exodus all along and using the peace during the cease fire to finish of the conscution of the new ships. Tranquilmind and his followers quickly set sails with their giant steam ship toward the new world and at the same time the Conclave enraged by the action of Tranquilmind and his followers announced the total extermination of all the people of Greenspire. All the feudal lord where obligated to attack Tranquilmind or be them self be exterminated. But Tranquilmind was able to outrun her opponents and make it over the almost endless sea to the new world. In the new world the Freemen as they no call them self build up a new nation. Sadly a lot of technology was lost in the exodus but still the Freemen where safe and could start over. In the old world the Conclave started a new purge that we to severally set back the Empires technology development. Many where executed and the Technomances became once again even more secretive. The time that follow was know as the second dark age of technology when little development would happen. A lot was forgot during this time but nothing was forgot about the Exiles betrail and their Exodus to the new world.

1. The continent Silithia was name after a animal called the Silith by the Ęthirans because of is likeness to the Silith. the Silith also became the symbol of the Exiles.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 02:38:36 pm by Yokto »
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2006, 03:33:29 pm »
Ęthirans Empires Hierarchy

English translation of titles for the Ęthirans Empires Highest rank first rank. Is base on western ranks of western nobility and secretive mystic orders tiles like freemason order. Technomancer and Nobilities ranks are equal. And remember that this is all a translation to English and Ęthirans of course do not speak English.

Super ranks
  • Shadow Emperor (Highest of the high)
  • Conclave Member (Even a Liberian is in the Conclave is considered high rank then a Archking.)

Nobilities ranks
  • Archking
  • King
  • Archduke (or Prince)
  • Duke
  • Archcount
  • Count
  • Archbaron
  • Baron
  • Archlord
  • Lord
Warrior ranks
  • Archknight
  • Knight
  • Archsquire
  • Squire
Men with free will yet no nobility rank
  • Freemen
Men without free will
  • Serf or Slave (Depending if they are the property of the state or the local ruler.)

Technomages ranks
  • Archmage
  • Mage
  • Archphilosopher
  • Philosopher
  • Archadept
  • Adept
  • Archinitiate
  • Initiate
  • Archscholar
  • Scholar
Librarian ranks
  • Archscribe
  • Scribe
  • Archsupplicant
  • Supplicant
Men with free will yet no Technomancer rank
  • Neophyte
Men without free will
  • Serf or Slave (Depending if they are the property of the state or the local ruler.)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 07:44:18 am by Yokto »
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2006, 07:03:13 am »

A artist render of what he believes the Emperors Shadow looks in is natural form.

Emperors Shadow
Emperors Shadow not be be confused with the Shadow Emperor him self is a Mythlogical creature in Ęthiran culture. A creature that is said to lurk just beyond the border of known space. Is a shapeless oozing black blob that is very intelligent and can take the form of any creature. Is also know to be able to grow to increasable size or be smaller then a thumb. It can digest anything even solid walls and anyone could be is next target. It can infiltrates even the most well guarded technofort and not Archduke or King is safe form it. It seek out it pray the darkest tunnels and can change shape to give it self wings and fly up to the highest spire. Nothing scares the Ęthirans as mush as the Emperors Shadow but most Ęthirans today believe it to be just a myth and is often use as a scare tactic by Ęthiran parants to get their children to go to bed. But is not uncommon for adult Ęthirans Amoebaphobia and smiler irrational fears for shapeless forms, especially if they black. A few times "Witchhunts" have bin started by the lower classes to find Emperors Shadows that walks with them but the Conclave do not often support these trails of the mob and try to concentrate on finding renegade Technomancers and hertics instead. The most scary part about the Emperors Shadow for the Ęthirans is that other species that have encountered share smiler believes about a Dark oily regenerating blob that can change shape and color so their may be some truth behind it after all.

Watch out! Is behind you!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 04:25:03 pm by Yokto »
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
  • Spore account name: RubyClaw, search me out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2006, 02:02:59 am »
Looks yummy...  :)

Hope I'll never meet one

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2006, 06:38:17 pm »
good stuff, good stuff  :)
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2006, 12:18:56 am »
uh i hate licquorice, the shadow lord taste like licquorice. ;D
No way dude, you're trolling me.

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2006, 12:23:14 am »
The one thing missing from 007's car: a sentient oil slick. I'd like to see Jaws or Oddjob handle THAT ;)

Offline Tesla

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2006, 12:33:09 am »
The one thing missing from 007's car: a sentient oil slick. I'd like to see Jaws or Oddjob handle THAT ;)
haha it doesnt just slow you down it grabs the wheel!
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Genesis

• Elevator Action Operator
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2006, 12:49:10 am »
And eats it!  :D

What will you do?

Offline Tesla

• View Profile