• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
Idhežu
« on: June 12, 2006, 12:52:13 pm »
Idhežú
[/size][/u]
!Emei!
[/i][/size]

The Idhežú are members of a sapient race residing on the planet Avéla. They are distinguished by their ornate horns, which double as biological Alpine Horn of sorts. An Idhežu is capable of producing a wide variety of notes simultaneously with its horns. In earlier times this music was used to communicate and mark territory over large distances. Also, the horns (especially the large crest-like mass in the forehead) were used during rutting, for smacking their opponent into submission, and for "scaring" their opponent with the better blast of sound.

At your first look at an Idhežu, you might think it was an Earthling. Indeed, other than its remarkable horns, it appears quite unremarkable. It stands at an unimposing 1.5 meters tall, and its body resembles a kangaroo. Still, there are subtle differences. While a member of the family Macropodidae possess large feet upon springlike legs, an Idhežu has much smaller feet. And although they are in the same general, 'long' shape, the bottoms of an Idhežu's feet are composed of a keratin base, the sole to a shoe, while flexible toes hang out beyond that base. Additionally, Idhežú don't hop. They run bipedally, shifting their 'upper' body left or right to counterbalance.

There are other differences. The tails of an Idhežu are small in contrast to a Kangaroo. Also, the hands of Idhežú have six fingers (two opposable thumbs on either side), and are very good at manipulating objects around it. Having ears right next to an amazingly powerful sounding-horn could be a pain. Luckily, this isn't so for the Idhežú. While they have long and sensitive ears hanging from the back of their head, powerful muscles at the base of these ears helps to move the pinnas in such a way as to cup to sound being produced away from the eardrum, as well as blocking the aural canals in general.

Ancestral Idhežú dwelt in the mountains of a rather isolated sub-continent. Upon reaching sentience, they spread far and wide, diversifying into many cultures. To try to cover them all in-depth would be an injustice to the entire group, as you would get a clear idea of none of them. Therefore, I have decided to focus mainly on the region known as lrerih-Ire. It is a land of many cultures over the ages, but it is far less daunting to cover one small area then the entire planet!

Offline arriman

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
Re: Idhežu
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 01:11:45 pm »
they sound really interesting, keep it up, maybe elaborate on their culture or something

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 01:42:17 pm »
Warning! Warning! Furry detected! Notify Hydro-patrol!

You get + points for doing a good picture though  ;)
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Kyyp

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Multipass!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 01:47:06 pm »
It's only a furry if it looks like a human.

It stands at an unimposing 1.5 meters tall, and its body resembles a kangaroo.

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 04:52:04 pm »
Ya, no knocking the kangaroo. Its a hell of a sight better than those faggot Prodeerian or slutty Shewaf
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 06:19:50 pm by TheNecromonicon »

Offline Chanteurs

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 05:16:58 pm »

I just finished this map and I wanted to share it with you all. However, it is getting late, so I'll write up a proper caption for it tommorrow. Thank you for all your kind responses so far! :)

Offline Kratok

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
  • Probably dead at this point!
    • View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2006, 05:21:02 pm »

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2006, 06:01:20 pm »
Warning! Warning! Furry detected! Notify Hydro-patrol!

You get + points for doing a good picture though  ;)

Hydro: Get your guns ready boys we got another furry!!!  ;) *gets out pokeball* I choose you "Kilfurri"!!
Kilfurri: KILL KILFURRI!!!

Offline Kyyp

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Multipass!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2006, 06:16:17 pm »
It's only a furry if it looks like a human.

It stands at an unimposing 1.5 meters tall, and its body resembles a kangaroo.

Offline Caltrop

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2006, 01:15:51 pm »
Nice creature. Please don't forget to update. Too often exciting new creatures sink to the bottom of this page and into oblivion.
Spore RPG: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=2069.0

STRAWBERRYCLOCK IS KING OF THE PORTAL

Offline FluffyJane

• Atari Combat Vet
  • Do you really think so?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2006, 06:24:30 am »
Intersting way of communication, looking to hear some more.
If its fluffy, I like it