Author Topic: Jane's Creature: The Shewaf  (Read 5753 times)

Offline FluffyJane

• Atari Combat Vet
  • Do you really think so?
    • View Profile
Jane's Creature: The Shewaf
« on: June 10, 2006, 02:55:17 am »
Hi there everyone, my name is Jane and as you can see in the number of my posts I am new here.

I've been looking at this forum for a few weeks and heard about spore about two month ago. You guys have some real nice creatures here (I especially like the Kazea and the fluffy ones :) ). So I thought I would make a creature here for the heck of it and see how it goes.
By the way my English is not perfect so I hope you'll understand.

The Shewaf

Appearance:
I am afraid although I draw pretty good I have no scanner so for now no pictures :(.
Height: About 4 feet, 1.20 meters.
They have light purple fur all over their bodies, each hair is about 30 cm and therefore falling back looking like they have very long hair (not including their faces, there it is usually about 2 cm so they can see :P ).
They have small heads with two smell and hearing sensing antennas, three very big adorable green eyes (One slightly bigger and slightly lower), two big front teeth and a little mouth.
They have two small and flat legs with four fingers each standing in a diffrent direction (90 degrees between each of them).
They have two sets of arms. The first two are lower, smaller primitive 3 finger graspers and the second two are higher, much longer arms and have very sensitive 4 finger graspers. They have a round body and covered with many fat layers because they're home planet is an Arctic tundra planet.

They live from around 40-50 years. When they die they explode using many colors. To some races this might look discussting considering there are body parts all over the place but the Shewaf find it funny and beautiful. They become adults at the age of 6. They can only have children from the age of 12.

Their home planet and their place in the food chain:
The Shewaf's home planet is a small (therefore low gravity) icy planet. All of its oceans are frozen (about 2 meters lier of ice) and there are very little plants on the surface. Most land living creatures live in the shrubby planes: great huge planes with a few big shrubs and small trees (much like the Savannah on earth). The Shewaf evolved from a very small herbivore creature who mostly ate nuts and roots. as they got bigger they learned to use social behavior in order to get bigger roots, help each other and mainly in order to survive carnivore attacks. When a big carnivore like the Rataka (3 legged furry long fangs creature) attacks the herd they all work together and most of the time scare him off by making their fur stand up and standing next to each other looking like a huge spiky animal. 

General Culture :
The Shewaf are one of the most peaceful races in the galaxy. Unlike other space hippies (:P) they are not just friendly, they wish to move to other race's planets in order to make them happy and sometimes even serve them from good will. Instead of a religion they have great believe in love. All Shewaf are biosexual and xeno-sexual (meaning they tend to have sexual relations with other races). Marriage doesn't exist in the Shewaf culture. Instead from the age of 6 - 12 they just fool around trying to make as many beings happy and pleasuring them. Then from the age of 12-36 they start a family with one being (can be other races, their DNA is quite simple and tend to mix quite good with other creatures) and raise youngsters. And then from the age of 36 to death they open a new family.

I will write more later, so what do you guys think so far?

Also if anyone could draw them I would really really thank them  ;), hope you will.

If its fluffy, I like it

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
Re: Jane's Creature: The Shewaf
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2006, 04:10:04 am »
No, missionaries from outer space! I can't imagine how annoying it must be to get pleading messages everytime I start an interstellar war with someone.  :P

Try using a digital camera or something for the picture.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 05:12:58 am »

They live from around 40-50 years. When they die they explode using many colors.

This sounds like a race the ViS would hate. Oh the colors!!!

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
  • Spore account name: RubyClaw, search me out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 07:08:50 am »
Welcome to the forums!

These guys really "Love" others don't they... Creepy but cool in a way. Always happy to hear more peaceful races are made.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2006, 07:12:47 am »

They live from around 40-50 years. When they die they explode using many colors.

This sounds like a race the ViS would hate. Oh the colors!!!
The ViS dont have colour vision so it would mean nothing... they would be highyl indifferent to them since they dont have sex either.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2006, 12:04:15 pm »
Holy crap... you just created the perfect prey for Necromonicons... weak little pacifists who reproduce like rabbits. I can't wait until I encounter your icy home planet and consume all its furries and its rich water supply  ;D

Or even better yet... I my spare your species and use them as personal slaves on board the Pod Ships. Can they cook a mean lava shark casserol? They'd be perfect for repairing hull damage, just toss one out an airlock and don't let it back in until the jobs done  ;)

Yes... this could be a very good turn of events for the herd indeed... very good turn.

P.S. I'm wondering if you're anything like your Shewaf, Jane. I'm up for some xenosexual action if you are  ;)

Offline Genesis

• Elevator Action Operator
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2006, 12:10:01 pm »
I know the Ryndalians would love to attain such an adaptable D.N.A. structure...  ;)

What will you do?

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2006, 12:15:16 pm »
All Shewaf are biosexual and xeno-sexual (meaning they tend to have sexual relations with other races). Marriage doesn't exist in the Shewaf culture. Instead from the age of 6 - 12 they just fool around trying to make as many beings happy and pleasuring them.

space floosies!  :D
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline FluffyJane

• Atari Combat Vet
  • Do you really think so?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2006, 12:19:31 pm »
P.S. I'm wondering if you're anything like your Shewaf, Jane. I'm up for some xenosexual action if you are 

If you are anything like the Necromonicon I'll pass :P.

And for the Shewaf's response to the Necromonicons: (somebody correct me if I did that transmission thing wrong)

\\Greetings big and funny Necromonicons.
We are the Shewaf, a lovely race of happy little fellows. Can we play with you? Hooray! fun for all...
Let us all enjoy life and celebrate for ever, for this is what we were created for. So we offer you big cute beings: Lets help each other, enjoy together, trade and create the biggest love of all times! Yeah, happy times! Oh and please stop destroying Innocent creatures, we can have fun with them too...//

And for a message to all the beings of the universe:
\\Greetings all the happy beings of our lovely universe. We are the Shewaf, a peaceful loving race of creatures.
We offer everybody to come and visit us, trade with us, share with us, and love us! Hooray happy times will come!\\
If its fluffy, I like it

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2006, 12:23:49 pm »
\\Greetings all the happy beings of our lovely universe. We are the Shewaf, a peaceful loving race of creatures.
We offer everybody to come and visit us, trade with us, share with us, and love us! Hooray happy times will come!\\

After receiving your message, the torpal have a sudden urge to kill things...more so than usual. 

;) :D
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline chaosandwalls

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Opening a new can of spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2006, 12:27:40 pm »

The first words heard in the Xometrian high command center after that message were "Trace the message, order all ships to converge and ANHIALLATE!

Hehe not really
There are 10 types of people in the world.

Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2006, 12:30:58 pm »
And for the Shewaf's response to the Necromonicons: (somebody correct me if I did that transmission thing wrong)

\\Greetings big and funny Necromonicons.
We are the Shewaf, a lovely race of happy little fellows. Can we play with you? Hooray! fun for all...
Let us all enjoy life and celebrate for ever, for this is what we were created for. So we offer you big cute beings: Lets help each other, enjoy together, trade and create the biggest love of all times! Yeah, happy times! Oh and please stop destroying Innocent creatures, we can have fun with them too...//

*While the Necromonicon cannot reply because they haven't acctually encountered any beings from your section of the galaxy yet, expect an answer in the next few days... the rest of you, expect to fight for your lives*

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2006, 12:37:56 pm »
//Zrithig Brain: Who are you guys. You're funny.
OK, both of you die and let us know what happens.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2006, 12:42:59 pm »
Heirs response:

//Good grief. /ignore_racename Shewaf.
Ahhh. much better//
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2006, 12:50:17 pm »
//Zrithig Mouth: I was wondering Brain.
Zrithig Brain: About what?
Mouth: Well if we took over those Shewaf would we become peaceful hippies?
Brain: *shudders* Dont know, lets find out! *evilgrin*
OK, both of you die and let us know what happens.