Author Topic: A mysterious signal...(Species Introduction to the GALACTIC SCALE)  (Read 7567 times)

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
Re: A mysterious signal...(Species Introduction to the GALACTIC SCALE)
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2006, 01:49:40 am »
Go on then....

An Auyuelcliad mining vessel picks up the message. It attempts to communicate with the signal by sending out messages in avrios galatic langauges, and some precursor ones. They also transmit a picture of an Auyuelcliad to them.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2006, 12:57:10 pm »
Some time has passed since the enigma signal was broadcasted from the Nilhes system. However, soon, a much stronger signal, obviously ment as a communication outside the system is soon picked up by all who listen. This signal, instead of the limited audio conversation of the last one, is a video feed. A rough image soon would be brought up on the screen, a humanoid figure, surrounded by other, smaller ones. The tallest, obviously the leader, has blue skin, pointed ears, and luminous yellow eyes. His compatriots range in colors from gray to a pale white. Each of them appear to be wearing helmets, most of them with one, straight spike poking from the top, fewer ones, probally higher in rank, with two curved spines, giving their helmets the apperance of being horned. The leader has a straight spike and the two curved spines as well. After adressing the audience in an unknown language, a small, pale being with no helmet brings a computation device with a screen. The leader uses this screen, and on it, an image is shown of two stick-figures, greeting each other. Another image is brought up, showing a picture of the two stick figures tapping their fists together, possibly a sign of friendship. The next image shows the stickfigure on the right brandishing what appears to be a weapon. The final image shows the figure on the left standing over the threatening creature, a sword jammed into it's head. Perhaps this stands as a greeting, and a warning to those who have hopes of hostility among these humanoids.

Offline HolsteinCow

• Vanguard Venturer
  • NOT A TROLL
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2006, 06:02:18 pm »
((Ah, I see. Because I don't write seven pages of information or don't have 12 pages of art I am ignored.))

There's no need to get moody on us, X.

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2006, 06:21:29 pm »
I may have no need but I do have a right :D.

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2006, 07:03:01 pm »
A while has passed since the alien communication was recieved, and no reply of any sort has been given. The citizens of the Nilhes system are in uproar, confused and demanding answers. On the capital city on planet Nihelios, in the towering fortress known as The Citadel, the emperor of the Ghulos, Imperik Klim'heer, adresses his people. A crowd of thousands, perhaps even approaching a million gather around to hear his speech, while others watch patiently at home.

The emperor, garbed in his three-horned helmet, wearing his cape and with his ceremonial sword sheated on his back, steps out onto a balcony of the Citadel. His voice, amplified by hundreds of speakers, is cast out upon his audience.

"My brothers, my sisters! Cease your vocalizations! We have clearly been sent a message, a message from otherwordly life. The great question has finally been answered! Although our reply has yet to be answered, we must look to the stars! As I speak to you, young ones, expeditionary ships are being launched and will soon escape our system, in attempt to find and communicate with our universal neighbors. This is a great time for us all. You all will be able to speak to your offspring, that you were alive when we met our Space-brothers. However, this is also a time for concern. We have only begun to crack the secrets of the Other's message, and we do not know their intent. But hear me, citizens, if they wish to coexist in peace, it shall be done. But if they have intents of hostility, they will be crushed underfoot! The Son of Ghil has spoken!"

Over the planet, and indeed, of all colonies in the system, the Ghulos rejoice. This incarnation of the Emperor has always had nice speeches. They hope their expeditions will soon meet their galactic comrades, and they wonder, what will be next? What will be learned? What will be gained?

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
  • Raised from the dead!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2006, 09:12:16 am »
can't wait to see what happens if they meet the vis,torpals,or the Necromonicon  :D, besides that this reall good keep it up i want to know who they meet.
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2006, 10:37:12 am »
An Omic ship enters this area, does its usual scan for life and finds this signal, they're are not scared it's not translated because they're relatively new in space so not much languages are documented.

//Hello? Orcogic? Saryonoc?//

The Omics say hello in three languages, english (how do they know it? No idea) The Omic main language, Omic, and Cornyic, the Omic language used high in the mountains?
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2006, 07:55:20 pm »
The omic signal is picked up by a small asteroid colony. An alert signal is activated, and soon the Omic ship is surrounded by many larger ships, with large amounts of powerful, although seemingly outdated weapons.(I assume the Omic ships are small since the omics are tiny). The largest of these ships quickly discharges a small capsule, if the Omics were to take this onboard and open it, they would find it to be filled with gifts of silver jewelry, animal hides, and a small data-storage device, which, if properly processed through a computer, can get a rough translation program of the Ghulos language.

Offline Tesla

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2006, 11:31:59 pm »
"what the...?" says captain wik in surprise, "cadet, pull that capsule in!" When it is on board Wik loads in the translation, //hello beings! We are the Omic, please install this program//, he transmits a translator file.  //thanks for the gifts too.//

OOC: this Omic ship is 20 metres tall and 5 metres wide!

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2006, 07:13:35 am »
The omic translation program is uploaded into the Ghulos's computers. A test transmission is broadcast. "Test. Test. We are Ghulos. Do you Understand?"

Offline Tesla

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2006, 07:31:12 am »
//Yes, we hear you loud and clear! Now, guys, listen, as Head of Telecommunications in CAB, we reserve the right to give your translator to other CAB members ok? thanks for the gifts too!//

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2006, 09:15:46 am »
//There are others? We wish to meet them. Can you transmit coordinates to them so that we may meet?//

Offline Tesla

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2006, 09:18:58 am »
//ehhh ok then...// transmits present coardinates to CAB hq and all CAB embassys. Also transmits the language. //now we play the waiting game  8) ... sooo, tell us about your species//

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
  • Raised from the dead!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2006, 10:19:23 am »

//hello this is moc,what seems to be the trouble, is there somthing wrong at these cordnates//
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Tesla

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2006, 02:27:08 pm »
//we are transmitting these coardinates because a new race called ghulos wants to meet you and the other CAB members.//