Author Topic: A mysterious signal...(Species Introduction to the GALACTIC SCALE)  (Read 7580 times)

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
The Nilhes system. A small system in a corner of the galaxy riddled with asteroid belts and a few minor planets. Considered by most to be a boring, useless system.

That is, untill a strange signal is broadcasted from the largest planet in the system. Most of the signal is static, although about halfway through the film, a strange rasping sound can be heard. It appears to be some form of speech, low and uttered quickly. Although riddled with static, some few words, not in any known language, can be picked up. "Kheros....gal'chik....nehiu......Imteros..."

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
Re: A mysterious signal...(Species Introduction to the GALACTIC SCALE)
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 06:29:21 pm »
((Ah, I see. Because I don't write seven pages of information or don't have 12 pages of art I am ignored.))

Offline Genesis

• Elevator Action Operator
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 06:31:38 pm »
Mabye a little more than THAT would help.  ::)

What will you do?

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 07:28:39 pm »
(You people could learn more about my creature if anyone actually was interested. But it seems that I am to be ignored.)

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 07:31:36 pm »
Well, to tell the truth, it is a fairly basic intro, but maybe more attention would be draw to it by mentioning attributes/characteristics. All we have to go on is a few words. But here is what I am interested in...

Mind translating what they said?

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 07:32:47 pm »
(You people could learn more about my creature if anyone actually was interested. But it seems that I am to be ignored.)

i'm intrigued, damnit! :D ...just too lazy to post
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2006, 07:34:07 pm »
Well it's a creature I already have a topic about on the boards. And since I've only made two topics, and one of the species have already made contact with other races, you people could narrow it down, dangit.

Offline Genesis

• Elevator Action Operator
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2006, 07:36:43 pm »
That you didin't say...

What will you do?

Offline Kyyp

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Multipass!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2006, 07:53:39 pm »
I don't know what you're complaining about.
My creature has a good history and lots and lots of pictures and I still only get like 1 or 2 replies to each of my posts.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2006, 10:10:32 pm »
Draw a picture!. Of course Necocomicon creatures were good and they did not have a picture. *shrugs* Draw a picture! I want to know more about the picture! :P

I don't know what you're complaining about.
My creature has a good history and lots and lots of pictures and I still only get like 1 or 2 replies to each of my posts.

I like your creature Kryp. And i post for yours :D

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2006, 10:28:38 pm »
Draw a picture!. Of course Necocomicon creatures were good and they did not have a picture. *shrugs* Draw a picture! I want to know more about the picture! :P

they already have a picture...pretty good one too, if you ask me  ;D
"You hate people!"
~Clerks
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2006, 10:33:10 pm »

Where?

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2006, 10:38:04 pm »

Where?

*cough* http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=4552.0  *cough*
"You hate people!"
~Clerks
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2006, 10:42:31 pm »
I was wondering if you meant theres a picture of Xarionis' creature, or my creature. Good to have that clarified. Go Ghulos! Cause theres no picture of my Necromonicon yet. But im workin on it.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2006, 10:54:23 pm »

Where?

*cough* http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=4552.0  *cough*

Ooo thank youz!

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2006, 01:49:40 am »
Go on then....

An Auyuelcliad mining vessel picks up the message. It attempts to communicate with the signal by sending out messages in avrios galatic langauges, and some precursor ones. They also transmit a picture of an Auyuelcliad to them.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2006, 12:57:10 pm »
Some time has passed since the enigma signal was broadcasted from the Nilhes system. However, soon, a much stronger signal, obviously ment as a communication outside the system is soon picked up by all who listen. This signal, instead of the limited audio conversation of the last one, is a video feed. A rough image soon would be brought up on the screen, a humanoid figure, surrounded by other, smaller ones. The tallest, obviously the leader, has blue skin, pointed ears, and luminous yellow eyes. His compatriots range in colors from gray to a pale white. Each of them appear to be wearing helmets, most of them with one, straight spike poking from the top, fewer ones, probally higher in rank, with two curved spines, giving their helmets the apperance of being horned. The leader has a straight spike and the two curved spines as well. After adressing the audience in an unknown language, a small, pale being with no helmet brings a computation device with a screen. The leader uses this screen, and on it, an image is shown of two stick-figures, greeting each other. Another image is brought up, showing a picture of the two stick figures tapping their fists together, possibly a sign of friendship. The next image shows the stickfigure on the right brandishing what appears to be a weapon. The final image shows the figure on the left standing over the threatening creature, a sword jammed into it's head. Perhaps this stands as a greeting, and a warning to those who have hopes of hostility among these humanoids.

Offline HolsteinCow

• Vanguard Venturer
  • NOT A TROLL
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2006, 06:02:18 pm »
((Ah, I see. Because I don't write seven pages of information or don't have 12 pages of art I am ignored.))

There's no need to get moody on us, X.

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2006, 06:21:29 pm »
I may have no need but I do have a right :D.

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2006, 07:03:01 pm »
A while has passed since the alien communication was recieved, and no reply of any sort has been given. The citizens of the Nilhes system are in uproar, confused and demanding answers. On the capital city on planet Nihelios, in the towering fortress known as The Citadel, the emperor of the Ghulos, Imperik Klim'heer, adresses his people. A crowd of thousands, perhaps even approaching a million gather around to hear his speech, while others watch patiently at home.

The emperor, garbed in his three-horned helmet, wearing his cape and with his ceremonial sword sheated on his back, steps out onto a balcony of the Citadel. His voice, amplified by hundreds of speakers, is cast out upon his audience.

"My brothers, my sisters! Cease your vocalizations! We have clearly been sent a message, a message from otherwordly life. The great question has finally been answered! Although our reply has yet to be answered, we must look to the stars! As I speak to you, young ones, expeditionary ships are being launched and will soon escape our system, in attempt to find and communicate with our universal neighbors. This is a great time for us all. You all will be able to speak to your offspring, that you were alive when we met our Space-brothers. However, this is also a time for concern. We have only begun to crack the secrets of the Other's message, and we do not know their intent. But hear me, citizens, if they wish to coexist in peace, it shall be done. But if they have intents of hostility, they will be crushed underfoot! The Son of Ghil has spoken!"

Over the planet, and indeed, of all colonies in the system, the Ghulos rejoice. This incarnation of the Emperor has always had nice speeches. They hope their expeditions will soon meet their galactic comrades, and they wonder, what will be next? What will be learned? What will be gained?

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
  • Raised from the dead!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2006, 09:12:16 am »
can't wait to see what happens if they meet the vis,torpals,or the Necromonicon  :D, besides that this reall good keep it up i want to know who they meet.
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2006, 10:37:12 am »
An Omic ship enters this area, does its usual scan for life and finds this signal, they're are not scared it's not translated because they're relatively new in space so not much languages are documented.

//Hello? Orcogic? Saryonoc?//

The Omics say hello in three languages, english (how do they know it? No idea) The Omic main language, Omic, and Cornyic, the Omic language used high in the mountains?
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2006, 07:55:20 pm »
The omic signal is picked up by a small asteroid colony. An alert signal is activated, and soon the Omic ship is surrounded by many larger ships, with large amounts of powerful, although seemingly outdated weapons.(I assume the Omic ships are small since the omics are tiny). The largest of these ships quickly discharges a small capsule, if the Omics were to take this onboard and open it, they would find it to be filled with gifts of silver jewelry, animal hides, and a small data-storage device, which, if properly processed through a computer, can get a rough translation program of the Ghulos language.

Offline emmet

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2006, 11:31:59 pm »
"what the...?" says captain wik in surprise, "cadet, pull that capsule in!" When it is on board Wik loads in the translation, //hello beings! We are the Omic, please install this program//, he transmits a translator file.  //thanks for the gifts too.//

OOC: this Omic ship is 20 metres tall and 5 metres wide!

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2006, 07:13:35 am »
The omic translation program is uploaded into the Ghulos's computers. A test transmission is broadcast. "Test. Test. We are Ghulos. Do you Understand?"

Offline emmet

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2006, 07:31:12 am »
//Yes, we hear you loud and clear! Now, guys, listen, as Head of Telecommunications in CAB, we reserve the right to give your translator to other CAB members ok? thanks for the gifts too!//

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2006, 09:15:46 am »
//There are others? We wish to meet them. Can you transmit coordinates to them so that we may meet?//

Offline emmet

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2006, 09:18:58 am »
//ehhh ok then...// transmits present coardinates to CAB hq and all CAB embassys. Also transmits the language. //now we play the waiting game  8) ... sooo, tell us about your species//

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2006, 10:19:23 am »

//hello this is moc,what seems to be the trouble, is there somthing wrong at these cordnates//
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline emmet

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2006, 02:27:08 pm »
//we are transmitting these coardinates because a new race called ghulos wants to meet you and the other CAB members.//

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2006, 07:58:32 pm »
//thats a wierd reason to send for but we'll send somone over...sending cordnates to fleet squad 335:five members,class C attack ship,they will be there soon// he walks off chuckling.
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline emmet

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2006, 08:34:36 am »
//ok well we'll just have too wait here patiently//

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2006, 08:54:46 am »
not a big response,was hoping interaction with the ghulos but o well

a ship come out of warp drive into the group of ships,the find the omic ship in the center a work through the group of ships and board it,three Anubians come into the omic ship,2 male,1 female,the other two stayed behind.

soldier 1//hello anyone here he looks around//
soldier 2//maybe thier in one of the other ships//
1//great,thats a lot of ships//*he turns around to the transport beam but feels a tug on his leg*
//what the who touch me//
//down here//
1,2,3*look down and see a small rodent like creature,2 grabs it and picks it up by the tails.
omic//hello uh are you the Anubians moc sent for i would Appreciate it if you would put me down//
2*he looks to 1,1 nods and shrugs.2 puts him down
3//we were order to meet the ghulos i assume they'er the groups of ship surronding us,how do we communicate with all of them.
omic*he smile a scurries to the translator//use this, it'll translate to thier language//
1*he slowly grabs the small microphone and looks into the scree*//hello,this is the captain of Anubian fleet Squad 335,you wanted to meet CAB members well here we are//.
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline emmet

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2006, 09:19:42 am »
Two Omic sitting watching there companion get picked up by the tail start talking, "well that was quite rude!" says one "agreed" says the next, "lets go get some class B mechs so it doesn't happen to us" the two then turn from the anubian and walk off.

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2006, 09:38:03 am »
while the captain comunicate with the ghulos,#2 turns around to see two omics puting on mech suits,he goes after them,

2//well what do we have here,does are some snazzy mechs//
8the omic cover there tails and smile happily
2//what is somthing wrong,he looks around,so this seems like a nice ship,you got some food around here//8he smile showing his sharp canines
the omics gulp
2//well i'll take that as a no//*he walks toward 3*.
2//these are some wierd little guys,you think they're hiding somthing//
3//look at them,they seem to innocent to hide somthing//
2//you must be bling,i bet them mech had blasters or somthing//
3//they're probbly wereing them to get some hight//
both 2 and 3 walk up to the mech omics.
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline emmet

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2006, 09:56:30 am »
One of the the Omic says to the other, "wow, they have sharp teeth" "don't worry, we're okay now were wearing these things" he says, looking down at his 1.5 metre tall mech "if only we weren't so small" he sighed. The other replies "what are you gonna do?" "good point, thats what the mechs are for." The other suddenly panicks "wait, shouldn't we be wearing mechs with guns on them?" "why?" "just in case!" "uhhhh, no, the Anubians seem cool" then they walk off down a corridor to system control.

Now we should probably make a seperate thread for this, this thread is 4 ghulos
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 10:34:16 am by Alwayswatching »

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2006, 10:46:29 am »
i know i'm waiting for him to post so the squad leader can talk to them but he ain't here now.
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline emmet

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2006, 11:02:27 am »
Well you might as well reply then! :D

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2006, 10:04:13 am »
OOC: Sorry, i couldnt reply to your message because my PC broke! Sorry Xarionis.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2006, 09:17:32 pm »
the leader waits at the mike but there is no responce,he backs off and heads towards the omic
1//they don't seem to be responding,i suggest we borde their ship//
omic//do you think it would be nice to enter without being invited//
soldier 2//forget manners now,we'll just break in just to check up on them,really how bad could they be up close and personal,and besides,if they don't play nice//*he pulls a Anubian shotgun blaster,loads it and waves it in front of an omic smiling a cocky smile*.
soldier 3// i don't think that would be necessary/*she grabs 2's gun*
2//fine we'll do it the boring way,jeez deny a guy some action//
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!