Author Topic: Leaving Cyrodiil...  (Read 3383 times)

Offline Amberfox

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
Leaving Cyrodiil...
« on: June 08, 2006, 11:05:55 am »
well, even though Bethesda claims that their TES-Games don't really end at a certain point, I feel that I've pretty much finished Oblivion today...
I spent around 155 hours playing it... completed the main-quest, finished all the guild quests and lots and lots of other ones (156 in total)... collected a lot of really cool items....

so... what else is there to do?  It's time to say bye-bye to this wonderful world now...   :'(

While watching the sun...

... go down for the last time...

... Ti'Yikir keeps thinking...

... "Good bye, Cyrodiil!"  ;)

Online Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
Re: Leaving Cyrodiil...
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 12:28:23 pm »
You finished the main quest and the guild quests? I havent even finished a single guild quest... i keep getting sidetracked... or I get to a certain level and the monsters uberise so I start over.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Amberfox

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 12:39:22 pm »
what level is your character?

Online Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 12:42:46 pm »
I dont remember exactly but hes just at the level at which wraiths replace ghosts. Which is a bitch because I was just starting the quest to explore the elven ruins for the mage's guild.
I'm playing a plate-wearing battlemage of the Gaming Steve variety.

Offline Amberfox

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 12:55:33 pm »
Ti'Ykir was a battle-mage as well, probably a little unusual for a Khajiit especially since she prefered to wear heavy armor most of the time :D  I managed to level her up to 33 by the end of the game

Offline Feigro

• Star Castle Cadet
  • Yea. Really.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 01:39:34 pm »
Make an argonian, buy the hut in the waterfront and go Crab hunting for a living.

The game isn't about doing everything. :)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 07:19:53 pm by Feigro »
"We're calling it Spore..."

Offline Amberfox

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 01:46:07 pm »
actually that's not a bad idea, I guess my khajiit char would be a good huntress as well  ;)  people in Tamriel would probably start wondering why their arch-magician/arena champion all of a sudden starts hunting instead of battling goblins...

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 01:49:08 pm »
Live entirely off of dead things, herbs, and the lockpicks and hammers from your raids on cities. No magic allowed.
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Online Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006, 03:03:04 pm »
I tried to make a Noblewoman thief... I wanted to complete the thieves guild quests but unfortunately that required combat (grrr). And her only attack skill was bow... which she was very low in. I made a killing from stealing jewels from rich people though  :D

werechicken

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2006, 03:44:29 pm »
I'm a knight, my only problem is now I've gotten to a stage where I can only level up by increasing my unarmed or blunt skill, when I've played the whole game using blades...

Online Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2006, 03:48:18 pm »
I'm a knight, my only problem is now I've gotten to a stage where I can only level up by increasing my unarmed or blunt skill, when I've played the whole game using blades...
Level up conjuration until you can cast summon ghost, then fight it.

werechicken

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2006, 03:54:22 pm »
or I can just start again with a non-crap class, and then never play the game again

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2006, 03:11:16 am »
As one person leaves Cyrodil another enters I got my copy of Oblivion for my b'day problem is the disk is scrathed to crap so I have to take it back tommorow get another copy hopefully one that wont turn into crap and keep giving me disk read errors everytime I boot up.

If you don't have at least one weapon skill in your major skills your asking for trouble just stick blades in and go nuts there are a million swords everywhere. I've played the game for about 5 hours so far and I got plenty most I sell. (Wish i took destruction as a major skill I'm throwing fireballs like nobodies bussiness (its just so pretty)

Thief Mages for life!

Online Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2006, 05:38:10 am »
Thief-mages are an annoying class. None of the novice or apprentice illusion spells are actually useful to a thief at low levels... unless you want yourself lit up like a christmas tree.
Paralyse is the sexiest spell ever though. Its so cool when some massive brute in heavy armour comes after you and just keels over for you to kill.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2006, 05:52:36 am »
Mine is a stilla custome class I just mostly go for a theif with some majic schools and I spend the game tooling around with the thievs and mages guilds. Also while I got you hear the way I understand it is that most people wont buy stolen goods just mostly people in the theives guilds. Does this count for stores from other towns. I mean if I steal an apple in Choroal (how ever it's spelt) and surely some guy in the Imperal city isn't going to know that apple is stolen goods. Maybe in the town i stole it from if i took something because then people might go hang on a second you selling apples, Bill recently had all his apples stolen. I doubt news of an apple theif terroizing some small town will reach most other cities.

Online Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2006, 05:59:55 am »
You can only sell stolen goods to thieve's guild fences I'm afraid.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2006, 07:22:33 am »
Oh well looks like I'll have to find the way to sign up for that (I was planning on doing so anyway seeing I'm a theif character anyway)