Author Topic: Nexus War: Gaming Steve Faction  (Read 431479 times)

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
Re: Nexus War ###HERE BE DRAGONS###
« Reply #1980 on: November 08, 2006, 06:17:39 pm »
Cool anyone an adv sword smith would love to have some awesome sword damage.

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • You just blipped on my radar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: November 08, 2006, 11:08:25 pm »
Call me crazy, but I'd like to attack something besides a Mortal or a level 30.

You are crazy. From where our base is, almost every day I could leave, jump through the portal to Stygia and kill at least someone in their teens.  I of course have the added benefit of being able to see hidden people which definately help. But your talking like MA is the only ones out there. Leave the relative safety of paradise for any extended period of time you'll see there is lots out there besides MA.
My karma ran over your dogma

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: November 09, 2006, 12:47:07 am »
Any news on if we shall be raiding anyone anytime soon? sitting on our arses is boring I want to demon blood on my blades.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: November 09, 2006, 05:33:55 am »
Cool anyone an adv sword smith would love to have some awesome sword damage.

I do. Next time i find myself in Paradise I'll give you one of my many pristine swords.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: November 09, 2006, 06:40:10 am »
Magi Anonymous are officially off our "friendly" list.

They are actually a good-aligned faction, which is why I added them originally, but they just seem to be very tolerant of evil within their ranks.

Any news on if we shall be raiding anyone anytime soon? sitting on our arses is boring I want to demon blood on my blades.

Can you find us a target?

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: November 09, 2006, 02:44:23 pm »

Can you find us a target?

I'm on it. How about a lower-level faction near a portal, either in Purgatorio or St. Germaine? Preferably good aligned. I'll edit this post with my suggestions.

EDIT:

Kkaos Kkrew
An evil faction with about the same level people as us. Directions: Portal to Valhalla slightly above our faction. Then take ferry to St. Germaine (Jonestown), then 6 right, 1 up.

Kooky Rumba
Portal to Valhalla from Paradise at 9,25. Then up to 16, 29. Rather far, but this faction has quite a bit of demons.

Wehrmacht
Same portal as above, though we'd waste half of our AP getting there. Easy to take out. Another portal we could take is the Silent Battelfield at 4,4 in Paradise.

Armageddon
All of their characters are idle, so we could just go there some random time. :D Silent Battlefield to Purgatorio to Isle of Gates to Marrukan, then right some. Will take a lot of AP to get there.

Bringers of Death
Very close to the Silent Battlefield exit in Valhalla.

The Dark Raiders
Very easy to get to. Take portal to Valhalla slightly north of us, then take ferry to Harper Island. Then go a bit to the right until you hit them. This one would be a good one to raid.

::New Faction Target::

Nightmares
House, (48,60 in St. Germaine)
Very easy to get to, portal to Valhalla slightly north of SH, then Ferry to island. Relatively weak.

72nd Brigade
House, (7,42 in St. Germaine)
Fairly easy, go to portal in forest (left of portal north of us), then Further left. Very easy to take.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 07:42:45 pm by stuckin2004 »

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: November 09, 2006, 03:39:16 pm »
Cool hopefully we can get a few of us ready also hopefully organise as many of us as we can maybe even get a few people to resurrect there idles to help out even if they are just cannon fodder for people who might fight back.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: November 09, 2006, 07:13:35 pm »
Magi Anonymous are officially off our "friendly" list.

They are actually a good-aligned faction, which is why I added them originally, but they just seem to be very tolerant of evil within their ranks.

I have an alt in there. They're doing some healing things to get evil up to neutral/good. One sorcerer casts an AoE spell in the stronghold, and the evils heal the injured.
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: November 09, 2006, 07:31:13 pm »
As for who to attack. i say Kkaos Kkrew, Bringers of Death, or The Dark Raiders. It probably best to pick someone as close as we can the last thing we aren't a large faction we want to use as little amont of AP as possible the last thing we want is to spend half our AP getting there and then have half of us AP out trying to bring there ward down.I say we load up on guns pristine them 1st get our Advanced sword smith pristine as many swords as he can we wan as much damage as we can get for our buck. Anyone who wears mundane armors that aren't pristined put them in the safe I'll fix them up for you. In the mean while I'll start doing gunstore runs if you like get some extra ammo.

Then its just a matter of working out who can do area effect attacks like wizards with certain spells we can send in 1st that can take out as much damage as we can and possibly even buff us/debuff them but we can work stratergy later. Right now i say we concentrate spend a day or two getting everyone back to the strong hold pristining items and or finding ammo or for ranged combat fighters.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: November 09, 2006, 07:33:06 pm »
Don't axes do double damage against wards/barricades or some such?

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: November 09, 2006, 07:37:46 pm »
Not sure if they do someone grab some axes. Does anyone know if dispel wards work on SH words or they only for wards set up by people what have various ward powers.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: November 09, 2006, 07:52:46 pm »
Not sure if they do someone grab some axes. Does anyone know if dispel wards work on SH words or they only for wards set up by people what have various ward powers.

Certain weapons are more effective versus doors while other weapons are somewhat less powerful:

* Axes do triple damage to doors.
        * Shotguns (of any type) do double damage.
        * Doors are immune to Death, Cold and Electrical damage.
        * Weapons that do Piercing damage (other than axes) do 1/3 their normal damage, rounded down (minimum 1).
        * Weapons that do Ballistic damage (other than shotguns) do 1/2 their normal damage, rounded down (minimum 1).
        * Weapons that do Holy or Unholy damage (other than shotguns) do 1/2 their normal damage, rounded down (minimum 1).
        * Weapons that deal Fire damage do double their normal damage (minimum 1).

Edit: I just realized that isn't helpful. I'll find the thing on wards.

And no, dispel ward doesn't work on SH's.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: November 09, 2006, 08:37:16 pm »
people generally lock SH doors anyway unless they know for sure someone is planning on raiding but either way we should have to worry. I think demons with corrode claw do extra damage to wards but we are good faction so that doesn't apply.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: November 09, 2006, 10:47:09 pm »
Yeah, I don't think the axe thing applies to wards. Oh well.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: November 10, 2006, 02:08:17 am »
Someone should bring an axe anyway incase there is locked door. Also just thought should get some glowing orange potions on our hands to boost strength. I'm sure we got some alchemists.