Author Topic: Nexus War: Gaming Steve Faction  (Read 568453 times)

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
Re: Nexus War
« Reply #1695 on: September 18, 2006, 06:08:46 pm »
Name an alternative.

Find ways to level up.

Also heres something if you are an evil character and you are visiting paradise wouldn't it be smart to leave other evil characters alone and focus on the good aligned ones I mean they are a dime a dozen in Paradise attacking other people of your own alignment seems stupid sure it has no penalty if you are evil but surely it would serve you better to keep people who are on your side alive.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 06:12:35 pm by Cobra »

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: September 19, 2006, 07:57:47 am »
Name an alternative.

Find ways to level up.

Also heres something if you are an evil character and you are visiting paradise wouldn't it be smart to leave other evil characters alone and focus on the good aligned ones I mean they are a dime a dozen in Paradise attacking other people of your own alignment seems stupid sure it has no penalty if you are evil but surely it would serve you better to keep people who are on your side alive.
People in games are selfish and small-minded. They never see the "Big Picture". Maybe it's just humanity in general..
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: September 19, 2006, 08:31:24 am »
Furthermore, Evil stands for selfishness. Thats why they dont take a morality hit for attacking other evildoers.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Kishmond

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
« Reply #1698 on: September 19, 2006, 03:46:50 pm »
Why do I take damage when I do something?
Yeah, [Kishmond] came back from Africa, but the ponies have him now.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: September 19, 2006, 05:44:08 pm »
Either you are poisioned or you are in anoher relm without the planar protection.

I'm well aware of the whole concept of no honor amoung theives but still given the opertunity of attacking an enemy or attacking an ally which would you choose I don't care what you politics are you can't be stupid enough to attack those hat are out to serve the same side as you.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: September 19, 2006, 10:54:03 pm »
Either you are poisioned or you are in anoher relm without the planar protection.

I'm well aware of the whole concept of no honor amoung theives but still given the opertunity of attacking an enemy or attacking an ally which would you choose I don't care what you politics are you can't be stupid enough to attack those hat are out to serve the same side as you.

You could also see it as "With less demons, more XP for me!"
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: September 19, 2006, 11:00:42 pm »
We are talking about paradise here I don't think people are going to be hit to badly with sharing the XP potential with others. Unless you're in the channel 4 news team leave evil alone.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: September 20, 2006, 02:08:38 am »
The point you're missing is that Evil is selfish and fights amongst itself. In fact, it's supposed to do so (hence the morality "bonus" for attacking other evils, as KS pointed out) and this is fully intended by the game's creator. Evil is more numerous but fights amongst itself, whilst good is less numerous but is more united (and there are angels who attack other angels, in case you forgot).

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: September 20, 2006, 03:57:03 am »
Yeah but there is being evil and then there is being stupid, I guess I'm forgetting that 90% of the internet is stupid.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: September 20, 2006, 04:22:18 am »
Yeah but there is being evil and then there is being stupid, I guess I'm forgetting that 90% of the internet is stupid.

Why is it stupid to get extra XP? You're not exactly hurting the evil "side" very much in the grand scheme of things (not that there are really sides in this game) by killing someone else who is evil. In fact, it makes more sense because evil can level faster by killing each other.

EDIT: Major addition to the Lore collections.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 07:32:51 am by Daxx »

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: September 20, 2006, 05:49:11 pm »
No you level faster all your allies waste Ap regenerating. oh well no point argueing maybe I should just give in and attack evil right back.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: September 21, 2006, 05:39:35 am »
Hee hee! I just poisoned about 10 mortals in a library somewhere just for the hell of it  :D

I cant wait to go dark opressor and get agony curse  :o

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: September 22, 2006, 08:56:48 am »
Woah, For the first time ever I watched myself be attacked. A Soceror and a Pariah were attacking me in San Ventura hospital, aswell as attacking a sheperd. Me and said sheperd simply kept healing each other. Free XP for all!
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: September 22, 2006, 09:46:54 am »
Its actually amazing how excited you can get when fighting someone simultaneously in that game.

The other day my paladin found an Infernal behemoth in Paradise. I got three smite-powered attacks in (at 19 damage each  8)) and the coward flew away.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: September 22, 2006, 11:37:45 pm »
Everytime I find anyone in this game to fight back and forth they have awesome attacks and own me so badly or flee after I get one attack in.