Author Topic: Nexus War: Gaming Steve Faction  (Read 437058 times)

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
Re: Nexus War
« Reply #1590 on: August 22, 2006, 06:10:09 pm »
Also when i level up I'll probably take purify what happens if i try purifying a place thats already been done by another faction?

You can purify a place wit a certain amount of MP. If someone spent 13MP to infuse it for their own, then you will have to spend 14MP to make it ours.
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: August 22, 2006, 06:15:14 pm »
So is it worth then also getting the ability to sense if a place is infused?

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: August 23, 2006, 11:59:25 am »
Firstly, everyone has the ability to invite people.

However, secondly, I refuse to have anyone in the faction who isn't on these forums. Call me old fashioned, but I think that if they can't be bothered to spend a little time to join the forums and learn what we're about, and maybe actually contribute, they shouldn't be allowed to join the faction. So whilst you have the ability to invite people, you should know when to use it.

TAOH have an open membership policy, and if you want to just invite anyone do so to that faction; we'll be able to see the results for ourselves that way.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 12:13:21 pm by Daxx »

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: August 23, 2006, 12:11:03 pm »
Not en mass, but my Paladin is individually :(

oh well, if I get killed 1000 times I get 10 CP  :D
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: August 23, 2006, 05:52:28 pm »
I wondered through a portal while i was in Stygia just to see where it went ended up basically in the mortal relm again right where lots of Evil beings hang out i didn't have the Mp to get back and didn't survive the night. i respawned righ by our old stomping ground next to one of the near by factories we could to to for repairs and stuff.

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: August 24, 2006, 01:28:46 am »
Just reached level 3! Hurrah.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: August 24, 2006, 03:10:58 am »
Just reached level 3! Hurrah.

Well done. I suggest you buy a skill or two.

Also, from the diary of my pariah:

Dear Diary,
I killed 3 tier-2s today. One of them was a L19 Myrmidon. Then I exploded again, hahahaha.

One wonders of course how she manages to keep a diary whilst exploding all the time, but then again she does somehow manage to retain all her other items.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 03:50:28 am by Daxx »

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: August 24, 2006, 05:51:50 am »
I have become an almighty level two!

Hmm, do you get 10CP at level three as well, or is it more/less?
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: August 24, 2006, 06:27:46 am »
I probably should start an Evil alt looks like fun. Running around Stygia is kind of cool but it would be better if there was more in here they needed to put some better resources in here to keep people in here.

Is anyone else having trouble accessing the map I just created an Alt and now I can't get to the map with either of them there isn't a link to click I log in and it just takes me to the character profile page.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 06:40:48 am by Cobra »

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: August 24, 2006, 09:22:19 am »
You get 10 CP at level 2, 3 and so on, then you start getting 15 for a while, then 20, and so on. There's a table here:

http://wiki.nexuswar.com/index.php/Character_Level

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: August 24, 2006, 09:31:29 am »
Ooh. Then I'll probably wait until level 3 and get medicine instead of picking anything now.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: August 24, 2006, 10:40:02 am »
Right I've just leveled up and I now have smithing, do you guys want me to make swords or cutlasses?

Arg, you should have taken armorsmithing  :-\

I already have smithing and our safe is crammed with swords anyway

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: August 24, 2006, 02:57:18 pm »
Okay, a new project. We're going to start collecting and piecing together the Lore of Haldon. It won't help us until we each individually have every piece, but I want to see what the whole thing looks like and everyone can help. Post your fragments of lore, together with their number, and we can see what we get.

1 - I sit to write this, Haldos the Deathless, Haldos the Diseased, A Great Recording of my experiences and Testament to my Power, I, who have challenged Death Itself and Have Struggled Through.
2 - Read Deep and Learn Well, for great power awaits he who can unlock the secrets I keep within my writings.
3 - CONCERNING THE ELDER POWERS AND THE STRUGGLE THEY PURSUE
4 - Argument: The Powers are Nine in Number and are the Great Custodians of Existence. They are the Eldest, but not the eldest, for time is slippery. They are not eternal and have both a Beginning and an End.
5 - Once there was the Maker, that whom fools call 'god'. (a more inept description i cannot fathom for the maker thinks not of what he makes, no more than i lend thought to the sweat i produced in life)
6 - The Maker is Eternal Without Beginning or End, and the Maker is its own Reason For Being. Being Eternal, it sleeps in an unbroken harmony, assured of its own existence
7 - (those of us who sense the passage of time are forever denied this unreasoned and cold peace, forever fighting with who we were and who we will become)
8 - The Maker creates and destroys universes as single breaths, both creator and destroyer, never aware, never caring.
9 - From the Maker's mighty lungs flow the Wind of Creation and Chaos. But this Chaos stuff does not remain Chaos; nay; it quickly cools into existence, only to eventually burn itself out in a great conflaguration. It can be shaped.
10 - The Powers are extensions of The Maker. They are the Pneuma, the Breath of the Maker, and they are the Maker's schizophrenia, aspects of an Eternal, Self-Aware Dream. They have taken upon themselves the Roles of shepherds for the Universe and Yet they cannot Agree. The Elders Number Nine, and they are named
11 - Marquai the Constructor, Time's Keeper
12 - Alonai, She-Who-Walks-With-Grace, Love and Innocence made flesh
13 - Agh-za-Haru the insane, Lord of Nightmares
14 - Namm the Vigilant, Guardian of the Weak, Lord of Law
15 - Tholaghru the Gnasher, Master of Chaos, Destruction and Disease
16 - Hashaa, Record Keeper, Death Incarnate
17 - Tlacolotl the Violent, Master of Hatred
18 - Goros the Gatekeeper, the Runner, he who creates and drives all things physical
19 - Baraas the Laughing, who creates societies
20 - Wherein lies the Roots of the Great Struggle? I know not; my Master would reveal nothing of this Time in his Violent Glory.
21 - They are Capricious entities, and Greedy (but what True Power is not? The Truly Powerful seek and take power whereever it may be found).
22 - So perhaps it is nothing more than greed that fuels this fire? I think not; Tholaghru is incapable of understanding the power he weilds, Alonai cares more for ants than cosmic might.
23 - Argument: The Nine Powers represent spokes of the Greater Consciousness. They are in conflict, though to my eyes now it appears this conflict carries no more weight with them than a game of dice.
24 - They play dice with the universe, scoring points, perhaps, the more times their particular ethos drives ascendency in the Nexal Struggle.
25 - Argument: When the Breath is Expended, the Next Universe awaits. The Elder Powers then force the Nexal Conflict to determine who has the honor of (and power inherent in) Guiding the Next Breath.
26 - I believe that the Midwife gains Cosmic power throughout the Lifetime of a Universe. Thus, they seek to both give birth to as many as possible as well as extending the time that their Own Universes float In the Eternal Dream.
27 - The Black Three, Tholagru, Tlacolotl, Ahg-za-haru - they are inept. A universe born by their hands is a stunted and deformed thing, quick to burn out and die. But they are victors most often in the struggle.
28 - My Master revealed to me that the previous Victor starts Ascendant in the Nexal War, a privilege of advantage. In my Time, my Nexal Struggle, we birth as stilted, deformed things, gibbering with poisoned mouths - Children of Tholagru - how I hated that form, (and thus my effervescent struggle towards a far less loathesome corporeal existence). Master was Amused. He cares not for form, only function. And blood.
29 - Argument: From this I determined that Chaos is Not the Dominant Factor in the Nexal Birth. There were Rules. And if there were Rules, they could be Broken. Further, I reason, The Nine Can Be Destroyed.
30 - CONCERNING THE LOST THREE
31 - Argument: I have determined that there were once a total of Twelve Powers but that Three are now Consigned to Oblivion, destroyed or forgotten. At least, Evidence suggests.
32 - The Deciever and Corruptor, Azazel, in all his glorious hatred was destroyed, was thrown by some deep Magicks through the Core of Stygia. Where he fell, on a chasm remains, a Ruin that Smoked for a Thousand Years.
33 - Of the other two, I know not what fate befell them. Perhaps they were absorbed back into the Breath? I do not know, and my Master did not Elaborate.
34 - CONCERNING THE NEXUS AND THE PURGATORIO
35 - Argument: The 'Nexus' floats outside of the existence that is normally experienced by mortals through the senses, though sometimes they will cross into that Valhalla in dreamtime. Examinations into its origin are circular. The Nexus existed before, after, and during, and yet in all timestreams fails. It is tied to the Great Cycle and Struggle, which I have managed to move beyond. (What dark and pitiful machinations the Powers play at when the answer to the conflict lies bleeding before them)
36 - The central nexal plane is and always has been the Battlefield which I call Valhalla. However, despite its lynchpin nature the Powers see fit to reshape and remold the land over each iteration of the Great Struggle while The Core Planes remain constant.
37 - Evidence suggests that The Purgatorio was perhaps Once a Battlefield, or several Battlefields, now forgotten, though I cannot discern era or age. Some elements are perhaps pulled from some unforseen, yet-to-be-born future era. It is of no matter now - only the endless, howling void and floating rock surround me.
38 - Argument: The Purgatorio is dying; that much is obvious, though some dread and powerful surgeon (Marquai?) has made an attempt at tying it together.
39 - How successful this remains in future aeons is indeterminate; in fact, I do not know for how many more Breathes the Borders will exist. Portals open and close daily on the rock.
40 - Argument: The Nexus Planes Remain during Times of Universal Breath. This I know; my Struggle Time has ended, Death Ascendant, Hashaa victorious.
41 - Through links in the Deadlands I can see through to the Mortal Realms. Through my Power I have Remained while All others Have ground to Dust. This shall be a short-lived (deathed) Breath.
42 - Is there a way for me to return to the mortal realms? I do not know. The Death Servitors are certainly capable of it - flitting here and there through the dustland, ferrying souls for use in the next war. I have yet to determine their method of planar locomotion, however.
43 - CONCERNING STYGIA
44 - Argument: Stygia is the Back of the Gnasher, a vile landscape of Hate and Iron and Rust populated by the mechanist Juggernaut Army. It has a deep history preserved by the cold of its hate and memory of betrayal, a history which sears to the soul of lesser beings
45 - My Master spoke to me once, saying that before the fall of Azazel, Stygia was a land of smoking volcanoes and lakes of Fire. However, after he was thrown down, the force of his hatred spoiled the land, cooling it to the temperature of his heart. Now it is a frozen waste. Recent travels there have shown me that the once mighty Juggernauts are standing idle, their joints frozen. Many have begun to crumble into rust.
46 - CONCERNING PARADISE
47 - Argument: The fields of Xanadu, or Paradise, are the home of those who believe that the Morality of Men should be Shackled to the Betterment of Society. They have obscure codes, these winged angels. They are full of Grace in Step and Power in Action, but Poison in Ideal.
48 - For while Alonai and her sycophants curse Tlacolotl and his Lot's desire to Enslave openly, they would Ensure Compliance to Good just as readily.
49 - However, despite their faults, it is to the credit of the Good Powers that their tactics of co-operation have led to a greater overall power - if one measures power per individual.
50 - A great percentage of the Good Powers is spent maintaining the lushness of Xanadu. The land is populated with quaint cottages and small villages, all empty.
Waiting. Waiting for what, I wonder? Do the fools believe that someday a host of cows will come to populate the fields and eat of the grasses, tended by mindless, eternally happy citizens who never speak a negative word?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 10:21:12 am by Daxx »

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: August 24, 2006, 03:14:39 pm »
10   The Powers are extensions of The Maker. They are the Pneuma, the Breath of the Maker, and they are the Maker's schizophrenia, aspects of an Eternal, Self-Aware Dream. They have taken upon themselves the Roles of shepherds for the Universe and Yet they cannot Agree. The Elders Number Nine, and they are named
23   Argument: The Nine Powers represent spokes of the Greater Consciousness. They are in conflict, though to my eyes now it appears this conflict carries no more weight with them than a game of dice.
43   CONCERNING STYGIA
50   A great percentage of the Good Powers is spent maintaining the lushness of Xanadu. The land is populated with quaint cottages and small villages, all empty. Waiting. Waiting for what, I wonder? Do the fools believe that someday a host of cows will come to populate the fields and eat of the grasses, tended by mindless, eternally happy citizens who never speak a negative word?

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: August 24, 2006, 03:29:26 pm »
only a 10mp boost? that pretty weak, ah well I think I'll just stick to my regular routine of repairing weapons and wandering into stygia to kill deamons..

It's nothing to be sniffed at. 10MP is quite significant.

Then again, it's not designed to be something you really go out and quest for, specifically.