Author Topic: Nexus War: Gaming Steve Faction  (Read 569304 times)

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
Re: Nexus War
« Reply #1485 on: August 14, 2006, 10:07:05 pm »
I found the crushing and put it in the safe today go nuts people.

Also i was going to ask about purifying as it had gone down I noticed we lost tons of bonuses will we need Psychometry if we get Purify?

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: August 15, 2006, 02:48:51 am »
No, not necessarily (though I plan to get it if I have the spare CP sometime). I've been purifying like mad today (after having died, I respawned in Valhalla, made it though a portal and hid in the woods for about 12 hours then finally made it back after having picked up a badge or two on the way), so let's keep it up.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: August 15, 2006, 04:07:48 am »
Do you get Xp for purifying?

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: August 15, 2006, 04:12:38 am »
Do you get Xp for purifying?

I didn't notice. I wouldn't think so, it just gives your faction karma (which in turn increases your bonuses).

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: August 15, 2006, 04:33:42 am »
No. No Xp.
Ive determined at this point that my best bet for XP now is (unfortunately) crafting and repairing... unless of course theres a portal to stygia nearby we could pop through...
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: August 15, 2006, 04:38:31 am »
There is one pretty close, I think. I'm pretty much reduced to reading books at this point (which isn't a bad thing, because I find the odd spell and magic item as well as getting 10xp from the books).

Aha! My paladin for the DA finally got his divine armour! Now he shall be an invincible killing machine! (Also he just took down three evil guys within 30AP, which may account for the sheer amount of xp I just got.)

Quote from: The Wiki
The first portal to Stygia is found [9,13]. The portal takes one to [40,16], apparently an area flowing with lava.

The second portal to Stygia is found at [23,29]. The portal takes one to [1,17], apparently a frozen waste in the southwest of the plane.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 04:43:24 am by Daxx »

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: August 15, 2006, 04:38:53 am »
I was trying to decide what take to take with my CP I have 22 cp I've trying to decide what to do with them. thinking of either getting purify, or maybe planar protection and go hunting in stygia, or wait until I get enough to get full armorsmithing and make everything pristine. The other option is sword smithing and make more swords. we seem to have a fair amount of component for making those. I'd make more armor but no one has been bringing in Leather and plastic.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: August 15, 2006, 04:45:00 am »
Wait a level or two, grab Fencing, Planar Protection, and Strong Attack. You'll be set for demon hunting then.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #1493 on: August 15, 2006, 04:59:17 am »
I found the crushing and put it in the safe today go nuts people.
Woohoo.. *going nuts*  Thanks  :)
btw.. what is blood touch.. I just found that one.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: August 15, 2006, 05:07:31 am »
Alright I'll grab Planar protection then and probably strong attack and start saving for fencing.

My character is becoming a tank I sware devine armor and I got light armor and Firemans jacket on.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #1495 on: August 15, 2006, 05:09:25 am »
I think I'm finding I chose the wrong combat skills, I was working on melee but all these spells are touch spells and need hand to hand combat.  :-\

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: August 15, 2006, 05:10:33 am »
btw.. what is blood touch.. I just found that one.

Blood Touch is a touch attack spell (uses hand-to-hand skill), and does 8 untyped damage. It costs 6MP to use.

http://wiki.nexuswar.com/index.php/Blood_Touch

I think I'm finding I chose the wrong combat skills, I was working on melee but all these spells are touch spells and need hand to hand combat.  :-\

It's okay, do what I do and only use auto-hit and AOE spells.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: August 15, 2006, 05:37:46 am »
Got Planar protection and am exploring Stygia seems harder to find people there but might just be I'm not near where they congrigate. I came across the tower of insanity attacked a few before moving on to find somewhere thats hopefully safe for the night.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: August 15, 2006, 05:39:34 am »
Got Planar protection and am exploring Stygia seems harder to find people there but might just be I'm not near where they congrigate. I came across the tower of insanity attacked a few before moving on to find somewhere thats hopefully safe for the night.

There aren't as many people in Stygia mainly because if you hang around in Stygia too long you get killed. Finding somewhere safe means finding somewhere as far away from anywhere as possible.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: August 15, 2006, 05:45:30 am »
Yeah I noticed that the demons got ripped off when it comes to getting there own demension didn't they.