Author Topic: Nexus War: Gaming Steve Faction  (Read 568111 times)

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
Re: Nexus War
« Reply #1380 on: July 29, 2006, 07:50:01 am »
I was in a library and thats where I got killed. If I hang out in the stronghold, I can't get XP, I can't target practice because I'm Melee combat. Any other suggestions? I've already searched for most of the badges so thats not an option.

You have first aid and lockpicking, both of those you can do in or around the stronghold.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #1381 on: July 29, 2006, 07:51:46 am »
I can't lockpick inside the stronghold can I? And I'm out of FAK's at the moment so it means a hospital run. The best times are when i can step outside and find someone just waiting to be killed. Now I see why everyone complained about level 2.  :-\

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: July 29, 2006, 07:54:42 am »
Pharmacy's nearby, but yes you do have to make FAK runs to be a healer. I don't think anyone can really expect to stay inside a hospital and stay alive for long at Tier 2.

Don't worry, you'll get used to it. :)

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #1383 on: July 29, 2006, 07:57:15 am »
I've been killed 35 times now. Maybe thats not alot in the grand scheme of things. I wish there was a way to get more CP.

werechicken

« Reply #1384 on: July 29, 2006, 08:00:59 am »
the location i posted is a library in paradise, there are quite a few high level charactors here, best of all about half the people here are with factions we're alligned to.

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #1385 on: July 29, 2006, 05:48:38 pm »
Well I finally respawned again and made my way to Paradise. I just took the damage to get there and now I'm in the library wth werechicken. (you can just hand me the spell if you want) I already found 2 books so here's hoping I can stay for a bit.

edit: someone healed me.. yay!!

edit#2: werechicken I just gave you spell and some stuff from an alt, please give the spell to LadyM.. thanks
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 05:58:28 pm by LadyM »

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: July 29, 2006, 08:46:34 pm »
If you have to spend the night somewhere it doesn't hurt to try hiding you can use your last 10 AP to find a spot if you need to if the building is full of people anyone who walks in will use the people in plain sight as target practice and wont bother doing a search. Also doesn't hurt to leave crowded areas and go to a near by place that isn't as obvious to for you to hide in. Which is probably a good idea if you are spending time in a Library as almost everyone going in that place will be using search. It's how I survive when I have to spend the night outside the stronghold.

werechicken

« Reply #1387 on: July 30, 2006, 02:20:06 am »
LadyM I've given you that spell + another I'm still in the building just moved one tile over, if you've got planer protection then paradice isn't too bad, just go to a smithy and hide there

Offline Kratok

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
  • Probably dead at this point!
    • View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
« Reply #1388 on: July 30, 2006, 02:28:25 am »
It only takes 5 cp to get from the pharmacy back to the base, spend 10 moving, 40 finding things and healing people

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #1389 on: July 30, 2006, 05:25:17 am »
Good news! I'm still alive! I got the spells and found another. I wish I would have saved more CP's then I did. It's taking so long to get them, how will I ever learn these spells?

Offline Calqhoon

• Qix Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: July 30, 2006, 07:37:19 am »
Good news! I'm still alive! I got the spells and found another. I wish I would have saved more CP's then I did. It's taking so long to get them, how will I ever learn these spells?
I keep dying before I get to the stronghold. I'll try to get there with my spells soon, though I think getting the spells from my alt too is just gonna be too much hard work and take too much organisation.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: July 30, 2006, 01:43:32 pm »
If you have to spend the night somewhere it doesn't hurt to try hiding you can use your last 10 AP to find a spot if you need to if the building is full of people anyone who walks in will use the people in plain sight as target practice and wont bother doing a search. Also doesn't hurt to leave crowded areas and go to a near by place that isn't as obvious to for you to hide in. Which is probably a good idea if you are spending time in a Library as almost everyone going in that place will be using search. It's how I survive when I have to spend the night outside the stronghold.

Yeah, that's kinda obvious. Well, if you haven't played games like this before, maybe not so much.

Still, if you're not in the stronghold you should almost always hide overnight, preferably in buildings that are at least two blocks from a PD or a gunstore, or a big faction's stronghold.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: July 30, 2006, 05:12:14 pm »
Important new news:

http://wiki.nexuswar.com/index.php/Pending_Changes#Other
http://forums.nexuswar.com/viewtopic.php?t=2655

It's now more important than ever that you place "useless" items in the safe, since they're now going to be subject to breakage and we'll need to start replacing them.

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: July 30, 2006, 07:17:46 pm »
I'm revealing to you guys exclusive information not revealed in the wiki!

Portals to Purgatorio, appear as swirling stones, cost 20 MP to go through.

From the forum:

1) 4, 4 in Stygia
2) 4, 4 in Paradise
3) The central park on St. Germaine Island (22,37)

And one that I found:

(2,6) On San Cristobal Island. Leads to forgotten city.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: July 31, 2006, 09:19:51 am »
Question: can I have a quick summary of what character classes people want to take at tier 3? I'd like to know what we will have available, and it will probably help others to choose which classes they want.

I'm going Advocate myself.