Author Topic: Nexus War: Gaming Steve Faction  (Read 568462 times)

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
Re: Nexus War
« Reply #1350 on: July 28, 2006, 06:56:12 am »
Ok I just hit Level 10 what class should I become?

Myrmidon or Paladin?

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: July 28, 2006, 09:04:02 am »
If he's going to be a Myrmidon, get Enhanced Senses pretty early.

You don't ave to search for people, they just automatically show up.
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: July 28, 2006, 09:05:44 am »
You'd have to be crazy not to get the armour though.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: July 28, 2006, 09:06:44 am »
Paladin armor?

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: July 28, 2006, 09:07:19 am »
Paladin armor?

Yeah, the armour those two classes have is really worth it.

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: July 28, 2006, 09:22:25 am »
There's a new exit for the myrmdons! The revenant, an undead warrior. not yet implemented, though

http://wiki.nexuswar.com/index.php/Revenant

They suffer damage during the day, and get extra bonuses during the night. Some of their skills can negate/enhance these bonuses. They sound like a powerful addition. Though my myrmidon is still probably going for an eternal soldier.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: July 28, 2006, 09:22:49 am »
weird I got respawned in paradise, and maybe we should build a base ther? OK it would mean quite a trek to get things repaired but it'd also mean our base wouldn't be under constant attack.
You can repair things in foundries and clockwork towers I believe, We'd just have to situate the stronghold near them.... however, if we did place our stronghold in paradise it would require all our newbies to take planar protection to get the benefits :-\

« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 09:49:42 am by Krakow Sam »
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: July 28, 2006, 09:23:55 am »
weird I got respawned in paradise, and maybe we should build a base ther? OK it would mean quite a trek to get things repaired but it'd also mean our base wouldn't be under constant attack.
You can repair things in foundries and clockwork towers I believe, We'd just have to situate the stronghold near them.... however, if we did place our stronghold in paradise it would require all our newbies to take planar protection to get the benefits  :-\

Indeed, that was my worry. What do the newbies feel about this?

Also, where can you get ammo from in Paradise?

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: July 28, 2006, 09:27:35 am »
Well, I'm going to get planar protection anyways because I'll be a sorcerer. So I'd be fine with it. Just wait until the base gets destroyed though.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: July 28, 2006, 09:31:33 am »
It'll be hard for us to get XP, though, because there won't be any demons or even regular evil people to kill.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: July 28, 2006, 09:42:02 am »
It'll be hard for us to get XP, though, because there won't be any demons or even regular evil people to kill.

You know you can get XP from things other than killing evil people.

Having said that, I can't think you can do many of those in Paradise either.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: July 28, 2006, 09:46:08 am »

You know you can get XP from things other than killing evil people.

Having said that, I can't think you can do many of those in Paradise either.

I don't think you can find FAKs in Paradise, the only XP I can think of is reading books.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: July 28, 2006, 09:49:54 am »
Revenant? This game is getting to neutral by far. Not only do they get a zone about a zillion time larger than stygia and paradise, but they also have three tier three classes to choose from... bah, its not like its hard to think of some new good and evil classes. here goes:

Ophanim: Magic oriented tier 3 good class. The Ophanim are charged with constructing and maintaining the divine engines of Paradise. In addition to being powerful spellcasters Ophanim can also construct permanent mechanical allies at the cost of a large amount of raw materials and magic points. The 'constructs' do not dispel after death or the end of a time limit the same was as summoned creatures do, and can be repaired by the Ophanim after taking damage.

Virtue: Combat oriented tier 3 good. The Virtues are the Void Walkers to the Seraph's Infernal Behemoth. Using stealth and subtlety they work to unravel the defences of evil. Virtues can take the form of glowing sparks of light which allows them to enter inaccessible locations and penetrate the defenses of foes. In addition the Virtues hold a power which allows them to completely bypass any armor or defense a foe may possess, making them highly effective assasins.

Sin Lord: Magic Oriented tier thee evil. Sin Lords are the demons which tempt others to do evil themselves. Using powerful magics the Sin Lords can afflict their foes with a number of seven deadly sin inspired maladies and debuffs. They can also disguise themselves as others to manipulate their foes.

Tormentor: Combat Oriented tier three evil. Tormentors carry out the foul tortures of Stygia. Unlike the other evil classes their speciality is not to kill outright but to slowly and excruciatingly bring a target to its knees. Tormentors can create and summon fiendish traps and devices from the pits of stygia to aid them in this.

there, see. Easy. Stupid neutral loving game devlopers  :P
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

werechicken

« Reply #1363 on: July 28, 2006, 11:28:27 am »
right I've found a pretty good location for a base if it was in paradise. at 15,30, in paradise, there is a smithy you can repair swords and I think you can also repair guns (I'm not sure as I didn't have any damaged guns, but I could make ammo) only downside is that the only place you can get gunpowder is in gunstores, but there are lots of places in paradice where you can find swords. besides planar protection is only 10cp and nearly all of our members are nearing ascension anyway.

edit: there is another smithy at 22,30 as well maybe we could set up our fortress in between if we do move?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 11:30:51 am by werechicken »

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: July 28, 2006, 11:34:15 am »
Only if someone volunteers to go for ammo runs. I've invested a fair amount of CP in my weapons, as - I'm sure - have others.