Author Topic: Nexus War: Gaming Steve Faction  (Read 568466 times)

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
Re: Nexus War
« Reply #990 on: June 30, 2006, 02:54:31 am »
woohoo! Three XP away from another level and divine armor. I'll be essentially invincible! No-one will want to throw away AP attacking me for 2 damage a pop  :D

*Cough* weaken, or as we say in the demon world, soak-be-gone.

Seriously though, Paladins are a bitch to kill. Finally we'll have someone in the stronghold who's not going to go down when hit by some kid with a baseball bat.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: June 30, 2006, 02:59:50 am »
It only decreases your soak by one. Id still have a soak of 4, stacking with any other armor I might have (if anyone has any spare I'd apreciate it)
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: June 30, 2006, 03:20:58 am »

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: June 30, 2006, 03:25:26 am »
Ok... but how many lvl 15 pariahs have you seen around?
And when I'm level 15 divine armor will improve as well. It seems a little too good if you ask me... uh oh. Theyre going to nerf it  :'(
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: June 30, 2006, 03:28:33 am »
Ok... but how many lvl 15 pariahs have you seen around?
And when I'm level 15 divine armor will improve as well. It seems a little too good if you ask me... uh oh. Theyre going to nerf it  :'(

Well, none yet, you're right.
Shouldn't be too long, though. I'm nearly level 13 and there must be some people who started before me.

Edit:
From OS:
Yu     16     Pariah
Fitz    15    Pariah
Mister Eko    15    Pariah
Sargatanas    15    Pariah
From DARIS:
 Judge Death     16     Pariah
Vandia    16    Pariah
Galthrazemoth    15    Pariah
Ted Bundy    15    Pariah

Those are just the Pariahs from those two factions. You're right, there aren't many around.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 03:31:53 am by Daxx »

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: June 30, 2006, 06:11:34 am »
Can someone point out where the local evil hangs out or at the very least what I can do locally to help the faction out instead of jumping on and walking aimlessly hoping to see some evil.

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: June 30, 2006, 09:04:39 am »
Is it just me or does is evil easier to level? My Evil guy is on level 4, while my good guy level 3. And I started my Evil alt one day late.
Also, Daxx, are you updating the first page with our current meeting place?

Offline Henqix

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: June 30, 2006, 09:09:30 am »
Can someone point out where the local evil hangs out or at the very least what I can do locally to help the faction out instead of jumping on and walking aimlessly hoping to see some evil.

There were a bunch of evil guys at 8,33 when I was there an hour ago.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: June 30, 2006, 09:15:15 am »
Is it just me or does is evil easier to level? My Evil guy is on level 4, while my good guy level 3. And I started my Evil alt one day late.

Yes, they are, and yes, I have.

The Channel 4 news team are evil. Their stronghold is right next to ours. If you want to do something useful, try attacking their ward - you never know, we might be able to take their standard.

Offline Tal

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Farm boy
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #999 on: June 30, 2006, 11:28:05 am »
Evil sure as hell levels faster. I started my evil alt a week later than Tal, and he's already a friggin' Myrmidon. Then again, that could have something to do with the XP bonus that comes from the damage bonus of being in the OS. Other than that, the ability to wantonly kill is the tradeoff. That's the balance. Good guys are much more powerful than evil guys, but they have to work harder to find targets so that they don't lose morality and get their powers taken away. Evil guys have no such disability.

Also, just to scare you guys: There are currently about two hundred OS members in their stronghold. Of that number, I count seventeen who are below level 10...This place is an XP farm waiting to happen...
There are some things mankind was not meant to know...

"If you can't take the heat, get off the car hood." -Bucky Katt

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: June 30, 2006, 11:44:29 am »

The Channel 4 news team are evil. Their stronghold is right next to ours. If you want to do something useful, try attacking their ward - you never know, we might be able to take their standard.

If we're gonna do that, we should do it as a team. So we actually stand a chance.
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • You just blipped on my radar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: June 30, 2006, 11:55:40 am »

No, wait. I had an encounter wih Channel 4 and the guy was polite. I don't say we should start anything unless we have to. If no one else has been attacked by them why should we start the battle? I'm just saying wait a bit so we can size these guys up, in terms of strength and what kind of players they are. (IE: they don't attack anyone two levels lower then their character for example). As much as I would love a good battle, if Channel 4 turns out to be decent people I don't think we should screw that up. Plenty more evil around.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 12:13:12 pm by Interitus »
My karma ran over your dogma

werechicken

« Reply #1002 on: June 30, 2006, 12:12:37 pm »
I'm also in the fortress at the moment, I'm just letting my movement point accumulate then I'll go and repair some stuff

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: June 30, 2006, 12:50:43 pm »
No, wait. I had an encounter wih Channel 4 and the guy was polite. I don't say we should start anything unless we have to.  If no one else has been attacked by them why should we start the battle?  I'm just saying wait a bit so we can size these guys up, in terms of strength and what kind of players they are. (IE: they don't attack anyone two levels lower then their character for example). As much as I would love a good battle, if Channel 4 turns out to be decent people I don't think we should screw that up. Plenty more evil around.

I remember them from Urbandead. They like to run around and write stuff on the walls and in the wiki, but I don't think they're really that strict when it comes to roleplaying ingame. I'll see if I can get in touch with their leader. Otherwise, I think they're pretty much fair game.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: July 01, 2006, 12:15:37 am »
I say all evil is fair game if they want to be decent people they should have made a good faction.

Although it is interesting that they have all good an neatral allies.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 12:22:54 am by Cobra »