Author Topic: Nexus War: Gaming Steve Faction  (Read 567633 times)

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
Re: Nexus War
« Reply #840 on: June 25, 2006, 12:11:34 am »
You will be visiting a facility of death, specifically a funeral home, where you will be embalmed before being presented to your kin and then being buried at a graveyard. Yes, death approaches.  :-*

Assumeing there is any truth in what you say the fun thing about this game is I get to rise up after death with a new body able to seek revenge on those foolish enough to strike me down.

Offline DorianGarrick

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: June 25, 2006, 12:13:12 am »
You seem really sadistic.

And you're exactly the masochist I need.  :-*

Offline DorianGarrick

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: June 25, 2006, 12:16:45 am »
Assumeing there is any truth in what you say the fun thing about this game is I get to rise up after death with a new body able to seek revenge on those foolish enough to strike me down.

My taunts and jeers will break your spirit as I destroy your body. Soon enough, all that you are will erode away until you're nothing more than a memory and even then, that will fade away until oblivion fully encompasses the man that was once known as 'Cobra.'  :-*

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: June 25, 2006, 01:59:47 am »
Shut up Garrick.

Bah, I thought ascending would be a good thing... but they nerf your XP for attacking non-ascended characters... and this game is still in its early stages so there are hardly any ascended characters around... I'm going to have to resort to leveling by lame XP light ways like repairing stuff and reading  :(
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

werechicken

« Reply #844 on: June 25, 2006, 02:38:21 am »
or you can just look for defilers, I've seen a few around

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: June 25, 2006, 02:57:32 am »
Shut up Garrick.

Bah, I thought ascending would be a good thing... but they nerf your XP for attacking non-ascended characters... and this game is still in its early stages so there are hardly any ascended characters around... I'm going to have to resort to leveling by lame XP light ways like repairing stuff and reading  :(

You're telling me. My Pariah can't find anything to kill, so she's resorted to reading books as she has no other skills. :(

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: June 25, 2006, 03:07:08 am »
or you can just look for defilers, I've seen a few around
I havent... Samuel of Krakow has seen precisely no ascended characters since he ascended himself... at least when I finally do level up again I'll get divine armor and be pretty much invincible to anyone below level 10

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #847 on: June 25, 2006, 05:26:59 am »
Yes you do that do now sit nicely as those nice men take you to facility where you can get the special care that you need.

You will be visiting a facility of death, specifically a funeral home, where you will be embalmed before being presented to your kin and then being buried at a graveyard. Yes, death approaches.  :-*

Thats enough crap talk.. get back on topic please.

In other news.. I just leveled up to 4 and got sense morality. There are 4 evil people in the hospital right now. Go get 'em.
Jonas, Marsel, Endymion and Vasilisk.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 07:50:13 am by LadyM »

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: June 25, 2006, 08:36:14 am »
I think the XP nerf for 2nd tier characters is too harsh. I think second tier chars should get maybe 1/2 XP from attacking tier one characters (meaning they would favour any present 2nd tier characters over newbies for attacking). Third tiers would get no XP for attacking 1st tiers but would get 1/2 XP for attacking 2nd tiers.

Or at the very least make the kill bonus higher than 1 XP. I wouldnt mind getting no XP for just attacking if I got a fat bonus at the end (maybe higher bonuses for attacking chars of opposite alignment: A Paladin who kills an evil mortal would recieve a 10XP bonus but if he kills a neutral or good char he gets no bonus. A Pariah would get a bonus of 10 for killing a good mortal but nothing for neutral or evil mortals. A Myrmidon would get 5XP bonuses for killing a mortal of any alignment. Attacking oppositely aligned chars of ones own tier would maybe give a nice 20XP bonus.)

To sum up: I want more XP!!!

werechicken

« Reply #849 on: June 25, 2006, 08:39:25 am »
here's something else to annoy you, when a tier 1 charactor attacks a tier 2 charactor they receive 25% more exp, I'm not sure how much more you get when you kill one, I'll have to carry on attacking him and hope he doesn't get back to his game for a while

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: June 25, 2006, 08:41:17 am »
I'll have to carry on attacking him and hope he doesn't get back to his game for a while

hehe, I was attacking a Pariah, but it turned out he was still online. :o I quickly finished off the guy the Pariah had been attacking before me, and then ran in some place to hide. He came inside, and I ran outside and hid in some place nearby. Then when he had wasted his AP searching, I went back and hit him some more.
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: June 25, 2006, 12:28:24 pm »
I think the XP nerf for 2nd tier characters is too harsh. I think second tier chars should get maybe 1/2 XP from attacking tier one characters (meaning they would favour any present 2nd tier characters over newbies for attacking). Third tiers would get no XP for attacking 1st tiers but would get 1/2 XP for attacking 2nd tiers.

Or at the very least make the kill bonus higher than 1 XP. I wouldnt mind getting no XP for just attacking if I got a fat bonus at the end (maybe higher bonuses for attacking chars of opposite alignment: A Paladin who kills an evil mortal would recieve a 10XP bonus but if he kills a neutral or good char he gets no bonus. A Pariah would get a bonus of 10 for killing a good mortal but nothing for neutral or evil mortals. A Myrmidon would get 5XP bonuses for killing a mortal of any alignment. Attacking oppositely aligned chars of ones own tier would maybe give a nice 20XP bonus.)

To sum up: I want more XP!!!

Actually that's only for the lowest levels. Attack a level 8 or so and you get nearly full XP.

Offline Genesis

• Elevator Action Operator
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: June 25, 2006, 12:50:53 pm »
Nice one Vivec!   ;D

I actually did something similar to another character, but I'll put that in the proper thread.

What will you do?

werechicken

« Reply #853 on: June 25, 2006, 12:59:14 pm »
great I've respawned on one of the islands well I better find someone to kill...
edit: just found X2 shotguns in the police station at 43,70 anyone who wants one and is nearby come and get it!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 04:25:47 pm by werechicken »

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: June 25, 2006, 07:31:47 pm »
Hentai.. hmm, the name sounds familiar... beats me.  ;)

Anyways, I think I want to get into one of the Smithing categories, so I ask you guys: What is the most needed smithing skill?

Gunsmithing: Making guns

Bowyer: Making bows

Armorsmithing: for making armor

Smithing: Throwing knives and I guess swords.

Anyone going to help me out?