Author Topic: Nexus War: Gaming Steve Faction  (Read 568101 times)

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • You just blipped on my radar
    • View Profile
Re: Nexus War
« Reply #780 on: June 22, 2006, 07:49:13 pm »
You don't actually realize how fun Nexus War is until you can't play it. The desire to burn through my AP and wait for them is killing me. I especially like how it brings the gamingsteve forum closer together, so I submit this fo you to look at. (I stole it from the Nexus War forum)

Shartak - http://www.shartak.com/. Similar to Urban dead and Nexus War.  The description for it is extremely long so I'll cut it down a bit
The game is based on a huge island,  you can start as "native", "outsider" or "pirate".  Each starting camp has different classes like shaman, warrior, scout, villager or scientist, soldier, explorer, settler etc. A special thing is that you may choose to play as a ghost who haunts the living, there is a special skill tree that is open to all.

It's apparently of a less "intense" game as Nexus War but is more open ended.

I think it sounds intersting.

Space Cowboy Online - http://sco.gpotato.com/, This might be a bit less appealing to people since, although free, you do have to download the client. Some people haver slower connections or don't completely feel easy about downloading things.  The description goes like this
Space Cowboy is a free MMO space shooter. When you start out you need to choose from 4 different gears, then you fly around blasting monsters. Once you reach level 11, you have to choose between two warring factions,ANI and BCU. Then after you reach level 25 or so, you get to take part in awsome Nation Wars.
My biggest complaint about this game, is that although free you can pay  to buy better things, a practice I hate. Although it does look graphically nice (considering it's free)

Have a look, does either interest anyone? It's some we can do while our AP regens.. any thoughts?
My karma ran over your dogma

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #781 on: June 22, 2006, 08:33:15 pm »
I tried to play but it says on the site that it's down for Extended Maintenance Mode. So I can't get in to play... :'(
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: June 22, 2006, 08:37:10 pm »
I tried to play but it says on the site that it's down for Extended Maintenance Mode. So I can't get in to play... :'(

HA! You'd be too n00by to help anyway.

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: June 22, 2006, 08:58:00 pm »

whoa whoa whoa whoa WHOA

If you play you'll see all the things people write about you and you'll go fleeing into the night thinking we're a bunch of obsessed fans who just happen to name their faction after your website.. but we're not!

EDIT: Server just went up, quickly everyone log on so we can crash it again. Go go go
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 09:02:02 pm by Interitus »

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: June 22, 2006, 09:21:31 pm »
I think it is good that it says how many XP you need now.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: June 22, 2006, 09:44:08 pm »
I think it is good that it says how many XP you need now.

Yeah, that's pretty cool.

Holy Crap. Vivec died once while I was planning a route to the nearest gun store, then that happened again, 2 more times.
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

werechicken

« Reply #786 on: June 23, 2006, 12:22:13 am »
thank **** for that!!! It's finally back up!

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: June 23, 2006, 12:41:26 am »
Hey, anyone else notice the upgrades to the display? We need a competiton to see who can stay alive the longest.

Offline Calqhoon

• Qix Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: June 23, 2006, 01:10:07 am »
Damnit, I just read about 6 books without gaining any XP (about half my AP gone), then spent my remaining 20 odd AP on whacking randoms with my axe and STILL didn't gain any. That sucks. On the plus side, I seem to have found the one place nobody will try to kill me; a bookstore :P

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: June 23, 2006, 01:12:50 am »
Well, that was a long 15 minutes  :P

Ive got less than 200Xp before I hit lvl 10 and ascend... I'll be a rarity, I havent seen many ascended (or decended or trancended... or whatever myrmidons and sorcerors do) characters around.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: June 23, 2006, 01:24:24 am »
Damnit, I just read about 6 books without gaining any XP (about half my AP gone), then spent my remaining 20 odd AP on whacking randoms with my axe and STILL didn't gain any. That sucks. On the plus side, I seem to have found the one place nobody will try to kill me; a bookstore :P

You don't mean Grassy Knoll bookstore, do you? Because if you do I advise you not to spend the night.

Offline Calqhoon

• Qix Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: June 23, 2006, 01:25:47 am »

You don't mean Grassy Knoll bookstore, do you? Because if you do I advise you not to spend the night.
Nah, Roxy's. I spent the last 2 nights in there unhidden if you include maintenance time :) Seems nobody's interested in L1s.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: June 23, 2006, 01:27:34 am »

Ive got less than 200Xp before I hit lvl 10 and ascend... I'll be a rarity, I havent seen many ascended (or decended or trancended... or whatever myrmidons and sorcerors do) characters around.

What class are you picking, just to check?

Offline Calqhoon

• Qix Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: June 23, 2006, 02:02:51 am »

I dunno yet, all I've got so far is Search. I don't really know what they all do.

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: June 23, 2006, 02:28:40 am »
Well, that was a long 15 minutesá :P

I dunno yet, all I've got so far is Search. I don't really know what they all do.

http://wiki.nexuswar.com/index.php/Classes

You can pick from Unaligned or Good classes.