Author Topic: Nexus War: Gaming Steve Faction  (Read 567640 times)

Offline OrdoSanguis

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Ahoy!
    • View Profile
Re: Nexus War
« Reply #645 on: June 17, 2006, 07:29:41 pm »
Add Balsarius to the KoS list, please.
Unless we aren't doing that anymore.

Offline Genesis

• Elevator Action Operator
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: June 17, 2006, 07:41:24 pm »
I'm there.

What will you do?

Offline Danzik

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: June 17, 2006, 08:17:35 pm »
Quote from: Nexus Wars
A Harmless Loaf of Rye Bread attacked you with an Axe for 5 points of Piercing damage. You have been killed.
I do not mind dying in this manner

werechicken

« Reply #648 on: June 17, 2006, 08:26:49 pm »
I'll have to be on the look out for well armed food-stuffs

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • You just blipped on my radar
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: June 17, 2006, 08:59:21 pm »
Waaah! Ive just hit an annoying level cap. I now need 300 XP to level up, but I'll still only get 10 CP when I do. That bites big time. I also have to forgo getting a skill this time so I can have fencing to stack with my jammy paladin powers when I get them.

Actually I might have a soloution. You can squeeze another 10 CP out of exploration badges. (I also got the eating badge but I didn't get a CP for it, so I don't know if any other badge types give CP).From the badge locationson the first page I marked off on the map the best way to get an additional 10 points.  I'll have to warn you though it will take you to places quite far, and I honestly don't know whats out there. Also I can't promise every location will give a badge, luckily I haven't used up all the locations for this trip and there is some to the south of us  It is also going to use maybe 150 or so AP for the whole trip. So decide if you really want to do this. Finally I don't know if this is the most efficient way, I didn't spend a lot of time working on it, so if someone sees a better way, by all means offer up a suggestion.

Make sure to use diagonal crossings to cut down travel time. Also remember that you need to search the area to get the badge and that some locations require for you to enter a building, the the first page to see which ones.  From the apartment (15,33) head to 18,25. From there head to 15,23. From there go North, cross Hammerstrom Bridge and Wright's Hollow Bridge.  Once your off the bridge head NE to 16,12 which is a forest. From there head to 15,10 which is part of Northcamp University.  After that head to First Ridleyton Church 17,6.

At this point You've most likely used around 40 or so AP (this is a rough estimate.) If you want a safe place to camp out until you get your AP back head to Chafin Memorial Hospital at 14,8.

There are two ways to go from here. I can't promise anything. You can go VERY far North where there are two more badges, but it is very out of the way. You can make up those two badges from sites to the south of us, but personally I'd rather use those as back up's in case a place doesn't give you a CP. So I'll give you the direction to head north.

From Chafin Memorial Hospital (14,8) [or wherever you logged off] head NorthWest to Katherine Cemetery at 7,2.  Then head SouthWest to a Mansion at the tip of the island at 4,4. From there backtrack around the bay to an apartment at 6,12. From the Apartment head south over Wallace Bridge to Wallace Airport. There are badges there at 3,19 and 2,20.  Going with the assumption you have to enter almost each building search, and leave you should be near 50 AP.   I have a feeling the airport isn't the safest place, but see if you can find somewhere with people who look friendly.

That should be your 10 badges and you can head south over Wallace bridge and back to 15,33.

If for some reason all these locations don't give a CP or if you don't want to go the extra long north route. There are two nearby badges to the Southeast at 23,37 and 20,38.

There's a lot of unknowns. I'm saving my AP right now to try the trip, I'll edit the information as I get it.  If someone knows of a place that doesn't give a CP or I have the wrong location, someone please fill me in. I plotted this quite quickly so I'm not sure entirely how accurate it is. Again this is a long trip, so make sure you want to do it

Edit: So far I've found out this.
15,12 has no babdge you can search for, I assume you have to go through the portal.
The university you can search for the badge outside the building
Like the forest the First Ridleyton Church has no badge, I again assume you have to go through the portal.
Kathreine cemetary can be searched from the outside.
4,4 has no badge, or even a portal I can see for that matter.
6,12 is currently infused and locked. (I'm not sure why this one requires swim since the tile is landlocked and in the mainland.
The badges at Hammerstrom Airport work fine.
 So far this island seems to be much less crowded. The hospital I stayed in is much less safe. There has been eight deaths. two were good guys killing evil guys, four were evil guys killing evil guys and two were evil guys killing good guys. the less populations on greater presence of evil characters does no mean a hospital is a safe place. People log on less often and heals are given out less.  overall I'd say this island is much more violent from what little I've seen of it. There is also a definate larger number of evil characters.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 10:58:26 am by Interitus »
My karma ran over your dogma

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: June 17, 2006, 09:18:36 pm »
Found some evil guy a couple of squares over to take the full force of the cricket bat I took from the safe got my self some nice XP before i retreated back to the apartment.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: June 18, 2006, 02:53:15 am »

Added.

We're only adding people who attack us in or around the stronghold.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #652 on: June 18, 2006, 06:08:07 am »
Please stop building barricades round the stronghold (if it is a gamingsteve member), it doesn't exactly make it easy for us to come and go and people will get annoyed that we're blocking the route to the hospital from the south.

why is there a magical force around our stronghold?

werechicken

« Reply #653 on: June 18, 2006, 06:46:40 am »
ok I think I've ruled my main guy from joining your factio, because it's way more fu just killing random people!

Offline OrdoSanguis

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Ahoy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: June 18, 2006, 06:54:27 am »

Added.

We're only adding people who attack us in or around the stronghold.
Yep I was standing right outside of it.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: June 18, 2006, 06:58:28 am »
Please stop building barricades round the stronghold (if it is a gamingsteve member), it doesn't exactly make it easy for us to come and go and people will get annoyed that we're blocking the route to the hospital from the south.

why is there a magical force around our stronghold?

Some silly person decided to build it. Pretty dumb, really. If it's someone in our faction, please stop. Just break it down if you can.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: June 18, 2006, 07:13:11 am »
Although once weve started infusing locations and were powerful it would be handy to have someone with structural engineering so we can defend ourselves. (I say this as a person whos ultimate class will be capable of flying over barricades)
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: June 18, 2006, 07:23:06 am »
it might be worth throwing up some barricades around the general area (incorporating resource buildings and the like) later, but for now I think we're okay, and certainly not around the one block of our stronghold.

Alternatively it would be quite amusing to barricade an opposing group inside their own stronghold.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: June 18, 2006, 07:32:45 am »
Heh heh heh. That would be awesome  :D

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: June 18, 2006, 08:45:37 am »
An evil person would have to be really dense to sleep in the hospital. Its full of good characters searching for FAKs