Author Topic: Nexus War: Gaming Steve Faction  (Read 568813 times)

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
Re: Nexus War
« Reply #345 on: June 11, 2006, 04:02:00 pm »
lol,

Anyway about those ranks, how about titles from the position list on the forum?

We only have one title at each of the four ranks.

Also, I get better powers than Prayer. Like being totally immune to Unholy damage, or being able to heal 10hp per minute on all good characters in my location. Also lots of nice spells.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 04:04:50 pm by Daxx »

Offline Morslok

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 11, 2006, 04:04:16 pm »
I would just like to say that I played Urban Dead for a while, and after around 2 weeks stopped playing.  I don't usually like zombie stuff anyway, but I think the real problem was the lack of group cohesion between the people on this board. (I found out about it from the Urban Dead thread.)  I think that as long as we keep eachother in the loop, and stick with the faction (which is another great improvement) this game won't get old as fast as Urban Dead did, for me at least.

Just saying.

Just one of the juicy area effect skills/spells we may get later :)

Invite sent.
Nope. Good faction= no pariahs = no exploding pariahs

Destero gets to buff himself with prayer though... thats... actually totally crap.

I think he was refering to area-of-effect spells in general.
Signed, Morslok

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 11, 2006, 04:08:21 pm »
Haha, it gets even better. There's proper faction combat being incorporated, with the ability to destroy another faction's stronghold to get extra honour and karma. On top of that, we'll be able to set up a base to defend Paradise, or go on raids to Stygia  and try to stake a foothold there. Then there's the overall good vs. evil vs. neutral thing going on.

Offline Morslok

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 11, 2006, 04:10:38 pm »
Sounds very interesting.  Raids on Stygia you say? Defend paradise you say?  So I guess that means I need to get Planar Protection... (since I'm going Neutral)
Signed, Morslok

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 11, 2006, 04:12:46 pm »
Sounds very interesting.  Raids on Stygia you say? Defend paradise you say?  So I guess that means I need to get Planar Protection... (since I'm going Neutral)

At some point. It's only 10CP and we're not likely to be heading to the planes anytime soon, so you can wait awhile until you can afford to buy it without compromising your levelling.

Offline Morslok

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 11, 2006, 04:18:32 pm »
Oh leveling... that's what I'm supposed to be doing...

Would it be better for me to go AWOL and get experience, or go get wood for krakow sam so he can get experience making arrows?  He is my commanding officer after all...  But I can't very well become an Eternal Soldier just getting exp for everyone else...
Signed, Morslok

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 11, 2006, 04:33:28 pm »
For the next few days people are free to do whatever will help them level up. If you can get him the wood whilst doing that, all the better.

Offline Morslok

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 11, 2006, 04:39:04 pm »
Roger.  Does that mean that once we get a stronghold things will be different?  More organized?
Signed, Morslok

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 11, 2006, 04:43:26 pm »
Roger.  Does that mean that once we get a stronghold things will be different?  More organized?

Most certainly. But by then it will be pretty easy for people to go out and get XP, because people will have multiple sources and we can share out the non-XP tasks. On top of that we should have cool stuff like a faction safe, and we'll need to defend the stronghold properly against other factions.

Offline Flamester_

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 11, 2006, 04:46:09 pm »
I vote we stronghold Eral's Steakhouse at 21,32 sir.
Quote from: Mr. Wizard
Flamester is truly a god among us.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 11, 2006, 04:49:52 pm »
Um... why? Are you hungry?

Offline Morslok

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 11, 2006, 04:57:39 pm »
I'm gonna head over to Nyquist Elem to read some books for XP.  I also agree that the current meeting place doesn't seem right as a stronghold.  Of course, I have no ideas as to what would be better...  Maybe a more easily defensible position...
Signed, Morslok

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 11, 2006, 05:02:04 pm »
I'm gonna head over to Nyquist Elem to read some books for XP.  I also agree that the current meeting place doesn't seem right as a stronghold.  Of course, I have no ideas as to what would be better...  Maybe a more easily defensible position...

How about the slum at 7, 32? It's a little further out of the way from OS, and it's next to a Pharmacy and a PD, near to a mall, and much closer to the available factories/gun stores. The one downside is that it's even further from a library.

Offline Morslok

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 11, 2006, 05:11:12 pm »
That it's far from a library doesn't matter much, as it is right below an elementary school, which also has books...  The only thing libraries have that schools don't is potions...  It looks good to me, I'll scout the place out for you guys.
Signed, Morslok

Offline Tal

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Farm boy
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #359 on: June 11, 2006, 05:23:54 pm »
Alright, so Tal left earlier to hunt up some ammo. He found a few speedloaders for his pistol and two shotgun shells for his shotgun. Unfortunately, he is stuck in the open one square away from our current HQ. If he dies, let's hope he respawns somewhere nearby.

On a different note, I created another character, this one called Abdul Alzhared. I intend for him to be a neutral spellcaster, but it has been a rocky start. He has died twice, but respawned right outside a library. He has found several potions and earned 25 EXP just from reading books. He has also gotten the spell Fire Darts, but can't learn it. Why is that?

EDIT: Add Leadfoot to the KoS list. He kept on slashing me with a knife, but luckily Destero healed me. If you guys want him, he's one square below HQ.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 05:29:15 pm by Tal »
There are some things mankind was not meant to know...

"If you can't take the heat, get off the car hood." -Bucky Katt