Author Topic: Nexus War: Gaming Steve Faction  (Read 577219 times)

Offline Morslok

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Nexus War
« Reply #690 on: June 19, 2006, 10:52:37 am »
Some poorly maintained bicycle has attacked out stronghold destroying it quick someone rebuild and get some medics in here healing be needed it seems some kind of explosive was attached to the bike causing massive damage to everyone.

Seems a Pariah from the oblivion squad saw an opportunity to do some damage and took it.  Probably just a lone nut, the OS wouldnt care about us at this point, I think...

Profile for A Poorly Maintained Bicycle: http://www.nexuswar.com/characters/view.do?characterID=1589

And cobra, he just destroyed the ward, not the stronghold itself, you need to kill everyone inside and take the standard to destroy a stronghold.
Signed, Morslok

Offline Tal

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Farm boy
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #691 on: June 19, 2006, 02:17:08 pm »
Oh, the OS knows about us. But they wouldn't dare attack any faction below level 8. MAJOR honor loss and an incredible karma hit. You wouldn't believe the devastation it would have. Those sweet bonuses they get? Gone. But that's only if they kill a faction 2 or more levels below them.
There are some things mankind was not meant to know...

"If you can't take the heat, get off the car hood." -Bucky Katt

Offline Genesis

• Elevator Action Operator
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: June 19, 2006, 02:19:45 pm »
So you are saying we can tick them off as much as we want and they can't do that much back?

What will you do?

Offline Tal

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Farm boy
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #693 on: June 19, 2006, 02:25:15 pm »
They can kill us all, but they won't dare take our standard. The idiot who does will be summarily killed, banned, then killed whenever seen again. So, yeah. We can piss them off all we like. And if they do take our standard, getting their karma-based bonuses back will be a living nightmare. Because they're so big, there are VERY few factions close enough in power to get them honor boosts. Namely, DARIS and the CDF. And both of those are well-organized and heavily defended. Moving 200 OS members close isn't easy, and they would likely be counterattacked.

-the man on the inside

Offline Genesis

• Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: June 19, 2006, 02:31:02 pm »
!!! WE HAVE TO DO THAT!!! Its perfect! Just delete your account after, make a new one, then rejoin.
(Or do this with a new char. instead....)

What will you do?

Offline Tal

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Farm boy
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #695 on: June 19, 2006, 02:44:15 pm »
I fight dirty, but not that dirty. Though, if someone else wants to do it with a free slot, have at it. But it'll take a lot to get past our ward. But, if we cleared out the stronghold, let the turncoat break down the ward and take the standard...well...It only costs us 24 hours without a stronghold, Daxx 30 AP, and the rest of us no safe place to sleep. But the OS loses 250 karma or something like that.

EDIT: -350 karma
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 02:46:45 pm by Tal »

Offline Genesis

• Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: June 19, 2006, 02:48:26 pm »
If anyone is going to do this then tell us, I personaly think that this should be done only if they get us upset or something, WAIT! mabye we should tell them that we are going to do this, then they will have a panic attack and start a vigorus search for the rat! Just a thought....

What will you do?

Offline Tal

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Farm boy
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #697 on: June 19, 2006, 02:49:34 pm »
Are you forgetting that I'M the rat here?! And I kinda like not being dead. A lot.

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • You just blipped on my radar
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: June 19, 2006, 02:59:48 pm »
We have no reason to smear our name. Sure they might never find out, but if they do? That's just a cheap tactic and we have no reason to bother. OS might not even bother us. I'd rather we didn't antagonize the 624 member faction unless we really really have to. Leave OS to fight RRF, D.A.R.I.S or Knights of L. Ron.

If we want to start an all out faction war lets do it with someone closer to our level so we don't have to stoop to near cheating tactics. And that's not even something we should be considering until the majority are at least past level 10.
My karma ran over your dogma

Offline Genesis

• Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: June 19, 2006, 03:01:23 pm »
Just putting an idea out there, I knew noone would atcually do it.

What will you do?

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #700 on: June 19, 2006, 05:05:50 pm »
I'm at level 3 finally and I finally got killed today. By Fang.. I was bludgeoned to death.  :-\  Someone feel free to yank his fangs out. Oh, he's from Oblivion Squadron.

werechicken

« Reply #701 on: June 19, 2006, 05:09:09 pm »
I'll make a note of it, at the moment I'm in a libary attacking random evil people with a pipe

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • You just blipped on my radar
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: June 19, 2006, 05:18:08 pm »
I'm at level 3 finally and I finally got killed today. By Fang.. I was bludgeoned to death. :-\ Someone feel free to yank his fangs out. Oh, he's from Oblivion Squadron.

Just make sure no one considers attacks by OS a declartion of war on their part. This could be anything from a few people under one commander to even a single person. if OS wanted to attack we'd know, it wouldn't be picking off singular members.
My karma ran over your dogma

Offline Tal

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Farm boy
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #703 on: June 19, 2006, 05:52:19 pm »
Alright, little bit of information for you guys. The OS is huge, we all know that, right? However, there's one thing you should all know about them. Their burgeoning faction is filled to the bursting with freeloaders who are just there for the factional bonuses associated with being on the biggest team. Though they may have 600 members, of that, maybe 100 participate regularly on the boards, and of that 100, maybe 35 of them are on IRC with and sort of regularity either. What does this mean? It means that there is hardly any way for the OS to coordinate efficient attacks. Recently, through the use of faction mail and in-game speeches in the stronghold, however, they are beginning to organize raids and attacks, as can be seen through the recent fall of the KoLR.

In reality, if you are attacked by an OS member, then it's probably just another freeloader. However, there are quite a few hardcore members who will exact revenge and who do keep tabs on other factions. But, in short, the OS is not our for our blood, and probably never will be. If our growth rates remain the same, then we have little to nothing to worry about from the OS. We should simply view them as a distant evil that overlooks our existence. Be thankful for that, also. However, we should focus our attention on other, smaller evil factions. I see The Shining Ones as a good target...

Note: I think we should start moving this kind of discussion to a more secure form of communication. Some factions use member-approved only message boards. Just a suggestion.

Offline Morslok

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: June 19, 2006, 07:49:15 pm »
Note: I think we should start moving this kind of discussion to a more secure form of communication. Some factions use member-approved only message boards. Just a suggestion.

That's why I suggested the IRC channel in the first place.  However, it seems that most people haven't come on, or have come on once and not come back.  Right now, the only regulars are myself, Twiggs, Tal, Interitus, Danzik, LadyM and some people not even in the faction (on the IRC-Chat server anyway).  Two of my immediate subordinates have not even signed in (even though I sent them faction mail).  Our recruitment has stagnated, and we aren't keeping in touch other than here on the forums.  We should all use the IRC channel to talk about secure faction matters, and to coordinate our movements (when it comes to that point).
Signed, Morslok