Author Topic: Wikileaks -> Good or Bad?  (Read 11525 times)

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
Re: Wikileaks -> Good or Bad?
« Reply #120 on: December 23, 2010, 09:17:28 pm »
You are aware I wasn't actually calling you a racist earlier, right? With that in mind, why precisely are you giving even as much as a devil's advocacy to the BNP of all people?

I meant the Tories/Republicans.  I was under the impression you were calling them the malicious idiots, not the BNP.  I have limited knowledge of the BNP, but if they're anything like Illinois Nazis, I hate their guts.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 24, 2010, 04:05:09 am »
Generally good - we have a right to know if torture is on-going, or why wars were truly declared. The diplomatic cables were a bit of a joke, though.

My criticism is in Wikileak's organisation; it is not an organisation free from bias. It has an agenda. Many on the radical Left have embraced Assange as the latest subject of their puerile hero-worship when he retains a tremendous amount of heirarchal control over both the organisation itself and the information leaked - his politics are on record in the Forbes interview as Minimalism or Marketism. Wikileaks is part of 'the media' and subject to many of the same constraints and flaws.

Having said that, I do consider Assange to be a trustworthy, if tremendously narcissistic, human being.

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 30, 2010, 07:35:15 am »
OpenLeak is a more neutral organization with the same core idea. Wikileaks is made to be a political tool and is not neutral in any way. Thats sort of the reason we have heard of them at all. They started to leak information before but had a hard time reaching out. Thats why they have taken the approach they have.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)